Loki Supersonic September 19, 2012 Share September 19, 2012 (edited) Bro Over the past 6-7 years, I have also had many spells of headaches, giddiness, neausea etc. I explore many options and drilled down 3 different causes - (a) I needed reading glasses as I was getting long-sighted. The strain on your eyes when you are getting long-sighted may cause headaches. Got myself reading glasses and recently got my first pair of progressive lenses and headaches occur much less frequently. If you are getting older, say late-30s to 40s, can check this out. (b) my posture/neck is not so good. Got some x-rays done, and saw a chiropractor for about 1-2 years. Also helped somewhat. Edited September 19, 2012 by Loki ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
LTLT 1st Gear September 19, 2012 Share September 19, 2012 Been having headache about once a week for the past 2 years...tried so many remedies and panadol is ineffective liao,any bros out there got secret remedy?? Willing to try anything. Just been to A & E last month because the pain is unbearable,doc gave me 2 shots,felt better. Done all the scans and checking,everything seems in order. It will come and go without warning, kind of sianz... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
13177 Hypersonic September 19, 2012 Share September 19, 2012 It acts up only once a yr. Not for five years lah. Never seen specialist for it. Just self-monitor. But your headache continue on and off for 5 years, you dont scare got any unknown health problems? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tohdj Neutral Newbie September 19, 2012 Share September 19, 2012 i have migraine for quite a few years. at first, i thought it was due to work stress or brain tumor. Eventually, found that the problem was due to my bad sitting posture which caused my blood veins at the neck area to be constricted, thus causing lesser blood flow to the head and causing dizziness and blurred vision. I got a TCM to "crack" my neck back into its good position, and problem was solved. But once in a while, when i do not have good sitting posture, the problem will come back. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tjkbeluga 5th Gear September 19, 2012 Share September 19, 2012 Bro, not all scan can claim using medisave. At least my MRI Scan cannot be claimed. Sometimes just wonder wtf is medisave for, besides stating that it belongs to ours. :angry: Dunno leh.... CPF statement got write, can use 600 a year for MRI scan, etc.... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tjkbeluga 5th Gear September 19, 2012 Share September 19, 2012 actually, i had it twice...once in march 1999, in singapore, cracking head pain, vomited heavily, ownself called ambulance, they sent me to AH during midnight, houseman put me in sickbay and left next moring with pain killers only...nothing was discovered, and got to pay ambulance fee....for subsequent week..had real problems walking... the second time in may 1999, in tokyo.....in hotel vomited, whole body cannot move, but conscious, within 30 mins, scan all done in hospital...japanese nurses are good...yum yum You show neh neh too much... That's why kena kong tao.... Someone must be poking pin on your dummy head.... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Adrianli Hypersonic September 19, 2012 Share September 19, 2012 But your headache continue on and off for 5 years, you dont scare got any unknown health problems? Its due to stress. I guess. So I have been surfing MCF during office hours to relieve it. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cllee 2nd Gear September 19, 2012 Share September 19, 2012 Recently I get frequent headaches (not the severe throbbing type); no giddiness. Not sure if it is due to stress or late nights or due to the whiplash injury I suffered 1 year ago (specialist already diagnosed me as chronic) - still having neck pain. Kinda of freaked out when I watch "On Call 36 Hours" showing on SCV weekdays 9pm seeing how headache symptoms suggest possible brain tumors. Should I go for CT scan? I think it is very expensive? Can use Medisave? Is it bad for health to do CT scan? It is time for you to take a long holiday, get out of Singapore, pretty sure yr headache will be gone too.... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Donut Supercharged September 19, 2012 Share September 19, 2012 It is time for you to take a long holiday, get out of Singapore, pretty sure yr headache will be gone too.... Go Bantam, happy hour. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ivan_06 5th Gear September 19, 2012 Share September 19, 2012 Recently I get frequent headaches (not the severe throbbing type); no giddiness. Not sure if it is due to stress or late nights or due to the whiplash injury I suffered 1 year ago (specialist already diagnosed me as chronic) - still having neck pain. Kinda of freaked out when I watch "On Call 36 Hours" showing on SCV weekdays 9pm seeing how headache symptoms suggest possible brain tumors. Should I go for CT scan? I think it is very expensive? Can use Medisave? Is it bad for health to do CT scan? Go for MRI scan, no joke.. I was admitted for persistant giddiness.. Ended up MRI revealed a small arachnoid cyst... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kangadrool Supersonic September 19, 2012 Share September 19, 2012 If u must always have to look at pc screen due to work all the time, it's best to fix up a filter on the screen. 3M sells it and I think it's good, though I never use it. The filter, just like our car window film, filters out excessive glare and light. If don't want filter, then take a break every 30 mins. Look outside of the building during the breaks or wear a brown polarized sunglass. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rncw 5th Gear September 19, 2012 Share September 19, 2012 Go for MRI scan, no joke.. I was admitted for persistant giddiness.. Ended up MRI revealed a small arachnoid cyst... yes TS should go do a full check to have a real peace of mind.... top head pain, must see doctor....bottom head pain must go kelantan lane if needed..... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Raymondism Twincharged September 19, 2012 Share September 19, 2012 Recently I get frequent headaches (not the severe throbbing type); no giddiness. Not sure if it is due to stress or late nights or due to the whiplash injury I suffered 1 year ago (specialist already diagnosed me as chronic) - still having neck pain. Kinda of freaked out when I watch "On Call 36 Hours" showing on SCV weekdays 9pm seeing how headache symptoms suggest possible brain tumors. Should I go for CT scan? I think it is very expensive? Can use Medisave? Is it bad for health to do CT scan? try meditation Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kb27 Supersonic September 19, 2012 Share September 19, 2012 Just saw this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-19622016 Painkillers 'are the cause' of millions of headaches Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
13177 Hypersonic September 20, 2012 Share September 20, 2012 It is time for you to take a long holiday, get out of Singapore, pretty sure yr headache will be gone too.... Going holiday doesnt 100% mean haedache will be gone. Sometimes when you go holiday even more stress, cause due to lack of sleep, new environment and different food intake. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lipwee2002 Neutral Newbie September 20, 2012 Share September 20, 2012 Was hospitalised twice for headache... Never cure and different diagnostic results... Tried Chinese acupuncture.. It cured me after a few treatment.. Did my acupuncture at one of the local hospital. Good luck. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
13177 Hypersonic September 20, 2012 Share September 20, 2012 Was hospitalised twice for headache... Never cure and different diagnostic results... Tried Chinese acupuncture.. It cured me after a few treatment.. Did my acupuncture at one of the local hospital. Good luck. Looks like TCM quite effective in curing certain illness?! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jamstart 1st Gear September 20, 2012 Share September 20, 2012 Go for MRI scan, no joke.. I was admitted for persistant giddiness.. Ended up MRI revealed a small arachnoid cyst... So what is the next step? Operation? ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In NowRelated Discussions
Related Discussions
Feedback
Feedback
Alzheimer's 'grand slam' for Biogen and Eisai: five things to know
Alzheimer's 'grand slam' for Biogen and Eisai: five things to know
US man recovering after 'breakthrough' pig heart transplant
US man recovering after 'breakthrough' pig heart transplant
Fatal Accidents - Driver or Road Problem?
Fatal Accidents - Driver or Road Problem?
Tackle the birth rate problem..
Tackle the birth rate problem..
Dealer re-sell problem car
Dealer re-sell problem car
Mercedes W211 E class fuel leak problem - Widespread issue!
Mercedes W211 E class fuel leak problem - Widespread issue!
13 year old kid saves the day
13 year old kid saves the day