Bloomberg Article - Singapore's Population bubble

Relacklabrudder3

wah sibei scary ... so how?

The human-pyramid scheme works like this: Population growth, either through births or immigration, boosts demand for goods and services, increases borrowing, boosts tax revenue and adds to corporate profits. Everything seems grand and leaders take a bow. It’s a bubble, though, and it eventually bursts when population growth stalls. Incomes top out, high debt crushes consumption and investment, the need for public assistance rises, environmental degradation increases and angry people take to the streets.

Edited by Wt_know

The human-pyramid scheme works like this: Population growth, either through births or immigration, boosts demand for goods and services, increases borrowing, boosts tax revenue and adds to corporate profits. Everything seems grand and leaders take a bow. It

Migrate, some relatives done that already

Let nature takes its course for the worse. No choice one. This is Karma in spiritual's speak, cause-and-effect in scientific's speak. :D

Migrate, some relatives done that already

And the reality is it is the people who are most able to financially that will do so. When it happens, it will be the 'top' strata that will be replaced more quickly than those that do not have the choice or means to escape this madness.

The human-pyramid scheme works like this: Population growth, either through births or immigration, boosts demand for goods and services, increases borrowing, boosts tax revenue and adds to corporate profits. Everything seems grand and leaders take a bow. It

Hmmm.......migrate to Oz or NZ need to invest or earmark how much $$$$ har ?

Im also seriously considering the migration option.

before thinking of $$$ or investment,

try get a PR in the country u want first

Hmmm.......migrate to Oz or NZ need to invest or earmark how much $$$$ har ?

Im also seriously considering the migration option.

It is far easier to migrate to NZ and not OZ now. Cos the latter is tightening up the influx of immigrants and quite hard to fulfil the points system they had in place. For NZ, you need to look at the qualification and skills set which they require and what you possess (there is a list on their website) and then you need to "register for interest" first. If you can go past this stage, they will send you a letter of invitation for which you can send in your official application (think usually your chance is quite high if they do send the letter of invitation over to you). Even if your skills set is not in demand for NZ as of now, they will still consider your case by merit (age, profession and etc etc). Its not so difficult to qualify for NZ PR. In fact, they had been encouraging Singaporeans to apply for migration there.

I'm still considering. Maybe will apply in 2015 and see how the situation goes in 2016.

Either way also got pple want to migrate.

Some of my PAP supporting friends say want to migrate bec pap succumbing to populist measures. (Of course, he fails to mention he has 2 properties).

Some of my WP supporting friends also say they want to migrate if 7 million target is kept.

So either way, what SG core are we talking abt if both sides want to bail?

All look so far at "atas" countries? I consider Thailand, Batam and Penang only 'cos no budget. <_<

Go to those countries where SGD is strong.. [laugh]

Best is if you're single, find a local girl and settle down there.. [:p]

All look so far at "atas" countries? I consider Thailand, Batam and Penang only 'cos no budget. <_<

i am seriously considering jippun...

i dont want OZ or NZ coz its a ghost town after 6pm.

i am seriously considering jippun...

i dont want OZ or NZ coz its a ghost town after 6pm.

Jippun many 24/7 minimarts like Family Mart and 7/11. You can shop groceries till you drop. [:p]

↡ Advertisement