Throttle2 Supersonic July 12, 2013 Share July 12, 2013 Great to see this thread wuth pics flowing! ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Yattokame 4th Gear July 12, 2013 Share July 12, 2013 Bro.... family living in poverty but you started playing cars from young? swift1.0/sunny1.6/sonata2.0/156JTS/Brera3.2V6/MINI cooper S cabrio/Grand Picasso/S300L Assuming you every year change car, so you're 35 now, and first car Swift 1.0 bought at age 28 when family already out of poverty liao? What is your idea of poverty? Living in HDB? told my story in another thread. we were renting a room from my uncle until I was about 7 when my dad (odd job labourer) got a 3 rm flat. my mum is a homemaker. everything at home is hands-me-down from other relatives. even our clothes. lunch was plain rice with an egg or two slices of luncheon meat. from sec sch onwards I taught tuition. in JC taught 4 days a week, making 1k a mth. had to get a local scholarship since dad no CPF for me and my sis' uni education. First day of uni I drove to school in my swift - a goal I had set out for myself. In uni continue tuition at least 20hrs a week. worked very hard and studied very hard. by the time I graduated I was driving my 3rd car. the car helps in my tuition becos I can travel around much easier (esp landed estates) and hence taking up more assignments. I started trading on the US market at 21 and made some good gains; by the time i graduated I bought my first house - a condo, during the SARS period. In short, I was lucky, but I worked damn hard for it too. My sis too; she's posted overseas and making good money. hard work DOES pay off. but honestly luck must also play its part. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Yattokame 4th Gear July 12, 2013 Share July 12, 2013 Tried this at the shop the other day. Told my wife if I still want it by christmas then I'll buy it. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
RadX Moderator July 12, 2013 Share July 12, 2013 told my story in another thread. we were renting a room from my uncle until I was about 7 when my dad (odd job labourer) got a 3 rm flat. my mum is a homemaker. everything at home is hands-me-down from other relatives. even our clothes. lunch was plain rice with an egg or two slices of luncheon meat. from sec sch onwards I taught tuition. in JC taught 4 days a week, making 1k a mth. had to get a local scholarship since dad no CPF for me and my sis' uni education. First day of uni I drove to school in my swift - a goal I had set out for myself. In uni continue tuition at least 20hrs a week. worked very hard and studied very hard. by the time I graduated I was driving my 3rd car. the car helps in my tuition becos I can travel around much easier (esp landed estates) and hence taking up more assignments. I started trading on the US market at 21 and made some good gains; by the time i graduated I bought my first house - a condo, during the SARS period. In short, I was lucky, but I worked damn hard for it too. My sis too; she's posted overseas and making good money. hard work DOES pay off. but honestly luck must also play its part. well done bro! Good on you! A story the young can emulate Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Yattokame 4th Gear July 12, 2013 Share July 12, 2013 well done bro! Good on you! A story the young can emulate Thanks.....i'm sure there are better ones out there. I'm still working towards being a table wiper with gold rolexes. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Yattokame 4th Gear July 12, 2013 Share July 12, 2013 bought it for the fun of it! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Yattokame 4th Gear July 12, 2013 Share July 12, 2013 yes, skeletons Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Throttle2 Supersonic July 12, 2013 Share July 12, 2013 Thanks.....i'm sure there are better ones out there. I'm still working towards being a table wiper with gold rolexes. Bro, i am much older than you so it's not surprising even if i "do" better since i have been at it for longer. The table wiper job sucks big time. The gold rolexes arent very expensive anyway. So nothing worthwhile for you working towards being a table wiper with gold rolexes. Really. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Yattokame 4th Gear July 12, 2013 Share July 12, 2013 Bro, i am much older than you so it's not surprising even if i "do" better since i have been at it for longer. The table wiper job sucks big time. The gold rolexes arent very expensive anyway. So nothing worthwhile for you working towards being a table wiper with gold rolexes. Really. or I can be a dish washer with gold rolex :) lau pa sat need? actually during my JC days I wash dishes over the weekends at night at clarke quay and boat quay area. wash until wee hours and then I walk home. save cab fare. wash dishes and study at the same time; lecture notes all wet. the managers at the restaurants there probably know who I am, if they still remember. I dunno why, but some days I have the feel to wanna go wash dishes and relive those moments of my life, including walking home at 3am. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
RadX Moderator July 12, 2013 Share July 12, 2013 or I can be a dish washer with gold rolex :) lau pa sat need? actually during my JC days I wash dishes over the weekends at night at clarke quay and boat quay area. wash until wee hours and then I walk home. save cab fare. wash dishes and study at the same time; lecture notes all wet. the managers at the restaurants there probably know who I am, if they still remember. I dunno why, but some days I have the feel to wanna go wash dishes and relive those moments of my life, including walking home at 3am. u 34 ha....clear sign of MLC coming up....come, lets buy that 14 foot cattamaran together [laugh] auction gg on at my club now Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Yattokame 4th Gear July 12, 2013 Share July 12, 2013 u 34 ha....clear sign of MLC coming up....come, lets buy that 14 foot cattamaran together [laugh] auction gg on at my club now I actually feel burnt out. Honestly wanna take a few years off and be an SAHD till the kids are older. MLC actually came some time back. Wanted to buy a lotus so badly but luckily i didnt. Did consider a yacht before but totally not my type of thing. I assume thats a yacht. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chucky2007 Turbocharged July 12, 2013 Share July 12, 2013 Back to watches Wow watch more yellow than background lighting Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Throttle2 Supersonic July 12, 2013 Share July 12, 2013 I actually feel burnt out. Honestly wanna take a few years off and be an SAHD till the kids are older. MLC actually came some time back. Wanted to buy a lotus so badly but luckily i didnt. Did consider a yacht before but totally not my type of thing. I assume thats a yacht. So young, please lah why got midlifecrisis? Just take it easy. I know not easy to take it easy, i tell myself to do so as well Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chucky2007 Turbocharged July 12, 2013 Share July 12, 2013 Could not afford this when i was a kid. Bought it as revenge. LOL Its the casio calculator watch. Then one day my RM saw this post on my FB and said she wears this to work! Your RM is too nosy and too much free time surf client facebook get info.. ask her don't spend too much time surfing FB and focus on managing your account Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Yattokame 4th Gear July 12, 2013 Share July 12, 2013 So young, please lah why got midlifecrisis? Just take it easy. I know not easy to take it easy, i tell myself to do so as well But 人在江湖,身不由己。 Burnt out. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Yattokame 4th Gear July 12, 2013 Share July 12, 2013 Your RM is too nosy and too much free time surf client facebook get info.. ask her don't spend too much time surfing FB and focus on managing your account The prob is, i only park money there for my foreign currency acct. Never had and may never buy any investment products. Only asked her to help me get medical insurance before. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Yattokame 4th Gear July 12, 2013 Share July 12, 2013 Not mine, not even in production yet. A concept which I hope to see in production, and as close to this as possible... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kyrios Turbocharged July 12, 2013 Share July 12, 2013 (edited) Because a luxury watch is a luxury product. It is a want, not a need. Go into debt for a "want"? That's silly. Unless you are saying you are in some kind of business where your image is of utmost importance, and you NEED to wear a Rolex (or drive S Class, etc) to get you some business. So it is like going into debt to make more money - this I agree. But just to show off and flash around? No. "like going into debt to make more money - this I agree..".......not arguing over who is right or wrong..but nowadays..that job interview ... that first date...all require some show of '$force$'..not just businessmen needs to flaunt. It is how society has evolved.. ..so it could be the case of ".......going into debt to make more money"...especially when you talk about job interviews and snagging that well paying job....what will the employer or prospective father in law think when he sees one wearing a cheap watch? Like the real experience of my friend...he said how do you expect the gal/father in law to entrust her future happiness to you when all you have to show for is a casio? Not advocating debt here but if can afford slightly more a bit please do it.. Edited July 12, 2013 by Kyrios ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Related Discussions
Related Discussions
Anyone watches MMA?
Anyone watches MMA?
Where got sell or buy Rolex watches ?
Where got sell or buy Rolex watches ?
Billionare prefer Casio
Billionare prefer Casio
Tudor Pelagos
Tudor Pelagos
Watches IV
Watches IV
[Post Event] MCF HangOut with Breitling!
[Post Event] MCF HangOut with Breitling!
EDC Thread
EDC Thread
Goldman Luxury - Pre-Owned Watches for Sale
Goldman Luxury - Pre-Owned Watches for Sale