Josiah Wong scolds Traffic Police. Got guts

tanbk

Saw this on MCF FaceBook.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152190776063501&set=a.10150637514323501.414234.772253500&type=1&relevant_count=1

1184849_10152190776063501_1017367280_n.j

Josiah Wong

While driving a truck along SLE today a Traffic Police car cut into my lane suddenly and step on the brake multiple times.
The car then drove away and a few minutes later, appear in front of me again. Turned on its siren and direct me to stop at the side of the expressway.

Policemen: where's your driving license and ic
Me: *passed him the license and ic
Policemen: why are you speeding?
Me: I'm not speeding.
Policemen: what's your speed just now? I'm sure you're speeding
Me: I'm driving at 70km/h the most and I did not speed.
Policemen: yes, you did!
Me: I did not, show me the evidence then.
Policemen: never mind, why did you over take from the left after Yio Chu Kang exit?
Me: I did not. I was just keeping to my lane.
Policemen: yes, you did. I saw it with my eyes.
Me: I did not, you can charge me if you have evidence of it.
Policemen: it's ok, I will give you a chance. I will issue you a ticket for not keeping to the left lane and why didn't you put a P plate?
Me: hello, open your eyes and look at the date.
Policemen: ok, I will still issue you a ticket.

So this is how traffic police work? Purposely finding fault and pushing the blame?
When they have nothing else to catch, they give this kind of stupid reason to fault you.

Look people, this is how Traffic Police in Singapore work.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

He say she say I say they say.

The picture seems to be a video still, should release the video mah. Then don't need to talk so much.

Unless he take photo with hp or digital camera then better dun admit.

He say she say I say they say.

The picture seems to be a video still, should release the video mah. Then don't need to talk so much.

Unless he take photo with hp or digital camera then better dun admit.

would expect our TP's car to have camera to record videos no?

• Praise 1

Sounds pretty much like a one-sided account of what happened but there is some truth to his last statement la..

"When they have nothing else to catch, they give this kind of stupid reason to fault you"

Sounds very unreal leh. I got a good buddy who is a TP. He told me usually they got concrete evidence then they will pull you to the side.

• Praise 1

Saw this on MCF FaceBook.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152190776063501&set=a.10150637514323501.414234.772253500&type=1&relevant_count=1

1184849_10152190776063501_1017367280_n.j

Josiah Wong

While driving a truck along SLE today a Traffic Police car cut into my lane suddenly and step on the brake multiple times.

The car then drove away and a few minutes later, appear in front of me again. Turned on its siren and direct me to stop at the side of the expressway.

Policemen: where's your driving license and ic

Me: *passed him the license and ic

Policemen: why are you speeding?

Me: I'm not speeding.

Policemen: what's your speed just now? I'm sure you're speeding

Me: I'm driving at 70km/h the most and I did not speed.

Policemen: yes, you did!

Me: I did not, show me the evidence then.

Policemen: never mind, why did you over take from the left after Yio Chu Kang exit?

Me: I did not. I was just keeping to my lane.

Policemen: yes, you did. I saw it with my eyes.

Me: I did not, you can charge me if you have evidence of it.

Policemen: it's ok, I will give you a chance. I will issue you a ticket for not keeping to the left lane and why didn't you put a P plate?

Me: hello, open your eyes and look at the date.

Policemen: ok, I will still issue you a ticket.

So this is how traffic police work? Purposely finding fault and pushing the blame?

When they have nothing else to catch, they give this kind of stupid reason to fault you.

Look people, this is how Traffic Police in Singapore work.

Assuming this is how it happened, you could have recorded the conversation then said to him why waste your time n theirs for such an unproductive stop? Don't they have better thing to do?

Unless you have proof, you will never win against the police.

How can he prove he wasn't speeding?

And quite honestly - If I had to choose I would believe the police - mostly because out of all the hundreds of cars on the road at the time, why should they choose this one car and make up stories? Where's the benefit to them?

On the other hand, Josiah has a very definite benefit in being innocent. (i.e incentive to lie)

True. But as much as many of us keep to that, there are always some that hog the road - which then brings about the dilemma, overtake on the left or stay a victim of the hogger because we can't overtake on the left [sweatdrop]

That's road hogging. "Keep left unless overtaking".