Corner lot parking

vroomcar

Hypersonic

I'm a relatively inexperienced driver. I have problems with those lots because if I try to reverse park in lot A/B, the risk is that I may hit the opposite cars/wall, especially if the width between the two opposite sides is small. Just recently, I encountered Lot B and decided to park head in because I think it's hard to reverse park into Lot B. But getting out of Lot B from head-in proved to be tricky as well. So I came here to seek advice on how to reverse park into Lot A/B without any front sensors.

Just stay at the carpark and see how people park lor.

However, if you are a chio bu, just put a pic of yourself here and many of our resident members will gladly drive to your place and show you step by step on how to tackle this difficult lot. All these will be provided FREE and possibly a FREE lunch or dinner thrown in to discuss driving techniques [grin][:p]

However, if you are a chio bu, just put a pic of yourself here and many of our resident members will gladly drive to your place and show you step by step on how to tackle this difficult lot. All these will be provided FREE and possibly a FREE lunch or dinner thrown in to discuss driving techniques [grin][:p]

Yes and free one night stay in sentosa cove in mcf bro terrace house fitted with Da Vinci furnitures

Hypersonic

Yes and free one night stay in sentosa cove in mcf bro terrace house fitted with Da Vinci furnitures

Yes, confirm no cheap cheap hotel 81 one :D

usually i will go in at about 60kph... flick the wheel to the left at the same time pull handbrake and throw into reverse and then slide in butt first....

something like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gknlvvj9uw0

[drivingcar]

Then there's one time long ago a lady asked me to park her car for her...

Edited by Phillim
  • Praise 1

I don't know what the TS is asking for. Sounds like he needs a parking refresher.

But while we're on the topic of poorly designed "corner" spaces, I find the Shaw Centre carpark to be really bad. Even if you park perfectly with a larger sedan (or worse, an SUV) into one corner space, it's very difficult or impossible for another normal sized car to park into the immediately adjacent space at right angles to it because the front of the parked car juts into the space you need to reverse the other car in.

Of course, if the carpark is quite empty, one can manoeuvre into it from another space,but if the spaces fill up, you just can't get your car out of there.

They need to make those corner spaces "kei car only". :D

Edited by Turboflat4

Internal Moderator

I can't do parallel parking but I'm not a chiobu. Will people still help me or ask me go die? Lol...

Guys... TYPICAL! [laugh]

Hypersonic

I can't do parallel parking but I'm not a chiobu. Will people still help me or ask me go die? Lol...

Guys... TYPICAL! [laugh]

Erm... normally I just stand there and laugh [grin]

No worries lah. You tell me you are mod, I will help you :D

Here, let me get a lady to show you how to parallel park

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ-loe3xXLg

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Doesn't matter, since your parking skill so sucky, buy a car with assist parking feature and problem solved... Hehe...

hate to insult anybody owning a "assist parking featured" car...

imo, this feature is gd but if i had to get a car specifically with this feature, it is an insult to me. i will tolong myself n leave the driving to somebody else.

• Praise 2

Supercharged

I don't know what the TS is asking for. Sounds like he needs a parking refresher.

But while we're on the topic of poorly designed "corner" spaces, I find the Shaw Centre carpark to be really bad. Even if you park perfectly with a larger sedan (or worse, an SUV) into one corner space, it's very difficult or impossible for another normal sized car to park into the immediately adjacent space at right angles to it because the front of the parked car juts into the space you need to reverse the other car in.

Of course, if the carpark is quite empty, one can manoeuvre into it from another space,but if the spaces fill up, you just can't get your car out of there.

agree...shaw centre lot i normally come out from co-driver seat. if i go shaw, i try to go for their parallel parking lot. at least don't hv to crawl to come out.

But while we're on the topic of poorly designed "corner" spaces, I find the Shaw Centre carpark to be really bad.

They do. It's written on the wall, "For small cars only"

Otherwise, just whack 2 lots. Standard practice before all these online vigilantes started. imo, I rather be stomped than dinged.

Most driveres don't realize Shaw Centre carpark was designed like during the dinosaur ages when cars were alot smaller.

They do. It's written on the wall, "For small cars only"

I wasn't aware of that. Must go and see properly next time.

I wasn't aware of that. Must go and see properly next time.

mostly on the lower levels corner to corner lots at the corner. sometimes u can see the old minis in the lots.

Edited by Mockngbrd

Guys... TYPICAL! [laugh]

Dont need chio, gimme 100 points i will help u park lol

ai ya hang around at the car park and see how people park loh.......learn from those expert ones and avoid the cuckoo ones which seriously i do not know how they managed to pass class 3 in the first place. [dizzy]

mcf bro will use their car as cone to give u realistic feel of parking in the real world. furthermore to boost ur confidence n concentration they will undersign a full insurance claim on their own insurance in any case ur car scratch their before the commencement if coaching.

lol

• Praise 1

Supercharged

usually i will go in at about 60kph... flick the wheel to the left at the same time pull handbrake and throw into reverse and then slide in butt first....

something like this

[drivingcar]

Then there's one time long ago a lady asked me to park her car for her...

wah bro... steady lah.next time you do that let me know, i pio chia down to see how you do it~! [laugh]

must learn from the best to be the best~! [laugh]

in SG, very tough to do a nose-in maneuver leh.

the lots are not exactly wide and generous.

↡ Advertisement