2015 Peugeot 308SW

Tohto

Rare to need to change suspension arm.

Usually cars will change shock absorbers, or less commonly the coil springs, or rubber bushings.

Hands up anyone who have changed, or heard of anyone changing suspension arm.

I change twice already on my 9 years old car latio... Maybe due to mscp ..... Hehehhe...

↡ Advertisement

I think if you're willing to take the risk, the current Peugeot 308 took a spot as one of the UK's (european conditions, not ours) most reliable cars for last year.

I myself think it's a great value buy but circumstances meant I didn't end up with one.

It offers better features and nice styling for pricing very competitive with Japanese cars, as well as having lots, and I mean a cavern, of cargo space, albeit at the expense of rear interior legroom.

Actually I don't really trust these overseas or editors reviews. Just look at the 7DSG issues despite winning so many awards though I guess none for reliability. Prefer to hear from those who have been driving the car but guess its too small a group.

Was just wondering how is the response of the touch screen after some months of usage? Does the hardware degrade fast, lagging after a few months of usage?

Edited by R1985

buy car must also factor in maintenance and availability of parts.

Jap cars can easily get parts in Singapore and even across the border... can't say the same for French cars.

That said.. if you drive your French car there.. pretty safe cause they don't want it.  [:p]

Actually you can find quite a number of Peugeots running around msia. My in laws have a few neighbours driving the new 208. They have a service centre in jb. If they accept sg cars going there for servicing den tat would be perfect ^^

But then again I think availability of parts is a big issue and feedback on the AF service team don't seem good. Will continue to monitor their FB page to see if any negative post on their FB.

Rare to need to change suspension arm.

Usually cars will change shock absorbers, or less commonly the coil springs, or rubber bushings.

Hands up anyone who have changed, or heard of anyone changing suspension arm.

I dont think so. At least myself and few other cases like blackyv does changed. Anyway i brought this up also to counter the often perpetuated myth that jap car parts are plentiful and cheap compared to conti cars. Most times when people refer to jap car under this broad stroke, they are really referring to toyota. My conti car lower arm is many times cheaper than the 1600 for honda.

Turbocharged

Actually I don't really trust these overseas or editors reviews. Just look at the 7DSG issues despite winning so many awards though I guess none for reliability. Prefer to hear from those who have been driving the car but guess its too small a group.

Was just wondering how is the response of the touch screen after some months of usage? Does the hardware degrade fast, lagging after a few months of usage?

said ranking is based on consumer reports, if I recall it is a JDPower survey or something like that.

It's a top selling car in the UK so I don't think that's a "small group".

The touch screen's responsiveness is definitely a few ticks behind expected and in a way feels like comparing a Nokia N97 to an iPhone, but for most purposes I found it acceptable. Unless of course you are the kind of person who feels a chronic need to fiddle with it. I'm not driving a Pug, but I don't find myself hitting my car's touchscreen much since I have steering mounted controls and use auto-mode air con.

Just went to the showroom yesterday, tested, was sold and signed on the dotted line.. Awaiting next COE bidding. Thinking back, a bit of a rash decision but well, what's done is done... Lol

Was finalising between the Cruze sw and 308 sw but chose the latter due to price and fit & finish..

1st trip after getting the car will b to the temple to bless it from reliability issues.. Haha ^^

• Praise 2

Just went to the showroom yesterday, tested, was sold and signed on the dotted line.. Awaiting next COE bidding. Thinking back, a bit of a rash decision but well, what's done is done... Lol

Was finalising between the Cruze sw and 308 sw but chose the latter due to price and fit & finish..

1st trip after getting the car will b to the temple to bless it from reliability issues.. Haha ^^

1st trip not to workshop meh?.. Hehe... Aiyah, just enjoy the car after buying, no point worry so much... I read 308 series is better then 5008 diesel type... ...

Take care of it and it will take care of u, anything autofrance f up or can't handedly, there is Thomas workshop to handle.

Cruze is a diff kimchi kettle of fish, don't bother

U be lucky that engine can pull that chassis

Edited by Furrynadz

1st trip not to workshop meh?.. Hehe... Aiyah, just enjoy the car after buying, no point worry so much... I read 308 series is better then 5008 diesel type... ...

Choy choy... my wife actually prefer the 3008 n 5008 due to more storage space on the centre console.. but cause it's running on diesel and I think diesel tech though has advance alot but we still have mental barrier..

Anyway jb is a weekly affair for me. So petrol is not so much of a bother ^^

My cousin just book the 3008 today.. hope his run along fine as well.. mayb end of the mth can go collect tgt liao.. lol

Take care of it and it will take care of u, anything autofrance f up or can't handedly, there is Thomas workshop to handle.

Cruze is a diff kimchi kettle of fish, don't bother

U be lucky that engine can pull that chassis

Actually cruze with the 1.4T I tot the drive was quite good. Did a test drive some time back. The gear box get a little confuse at low speed but other than tat was quite good..

Actually another consideration for the cruze is more aftermarket parts and the engine has more potential for mods.

Actually the offer I got includes 3yr free sevicing free up to 6x and was told parts r included.. tat actually played an big factor in my decision to sign..

But we'll. . Now sign liao.. see how it goes ba..

Edited by R1985
  • Praise 1

Tested the 3008 etg & 308cw 6eats.

It's a no brainer with drive concerned. And frankly 3008 interior though look futuristic,look messy compared with CW clean look.

The 3 cylinder surprised me with its performance.

Edited by Hamburger
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Tested the 3008 etg & 308cw 6eats.

It's a no brainer with drive concerned. And frankly 3008 interior though look futuristic,look messy compared with CW clean look.

The 3 cylinder surprised me with its performance.

Yep, 308SW vs 3008? Unless you die die want jacked up SUV, the 308SW is better in every way.

And the THP130 engine, although AUTOFRANCE quote the 0-100 as 10.7s, it seems that it can actually hit that in around or less than 10s according to other tests/other country spec sheets. Typically like 9.8s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdGsqRJn_54

And the growl is also pretty angry [drivingcar]

Edited by 7hm
  • Praise 1

test drove this today and i am poisoned. love the power and exterior 

@tanahteck can share what freebies u gotten?

and any owners can share more of your experiences?

• Praise 2

test drove this today and i am poisoned. love the power and exterior 

@tanahteck can share what freebies u gotten?

and any owners can share more of your experiences?

My is full spec Allure with 3M solar film. Got it at relatively high COE.

• Praise 2

Please share if the car is as frugal as it published in the aspect of fuel economy.

Tks

My is full spec Allure with 3M solar film. Got it at relatively high COE.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2