2014 Corolla Altis - Technical, Features & Use

Kklee

On 9/6/2023 at 12:07 PM, ConnorMcLeod said:

will you renew COE or scrap at 10th year?

IMHO.
Trade-in before 10th year.  Mileage is > 200k.
Generally Ok besides wear and tear items. 
I would say if mileage by 10th year is 150k,  should be doable to renew COE.
This 2014 model should be the last reliable model based on emission.

• Praise 1

On 9/6/2023 at 12:26 PM, Kklee said:

IMHO.

well done. you got your money's wortg out of this car. 

did you need to replace any belts ( fan belt etc ) or hose and roughly mileage or age of car at the time of change?

leng kee says i needed to change fan belt at least a year ago (and i couldnt see any cracks or damage at that time anyway).  since then i went service at pandan  and they never told me need i change fan belt.  seems leng kee just wanted to sell unnecessary services for $.

• Praise 1

IMHO.

did you need to replace any belts ( fan belt etc ) or hose and roughly mileage or age of car at the time of change?

leng kee says i needed to change fan belt at least a year ago (and i couldnt see any cracks or damage at that time anyway).  since then i went service at pandan  and they never told me need i change fan belt.  seems leng kee just wanted to sell unnecessary services for $.

• Praise 2

On 9/6/2023 at 12:41 PM, ConnorMcLeod said:

IMHO.

No belts changed.  210k hoses. 180k tie rods. U looking at  renew COE?

• Praise 1

IMHO.

Altis sure can renew coe, the only problem is the current PQP is very high. My alris 14+ years at 300k km now and still running without problems. 

• Praise 3

On 9/6/2023 at 1:00 PM, Ct3833 said:

Altis sure can renew coe, the only problem is the current PQP is very high. My alris 14+ years at 300k km now and still running without problems. 

IMHO.

Pre 2014 is ok.  Those after, a bit subjective. They are tuned for emission.

Edited by Kklee

On 9/6/2023 at 12:41 PM, ConnorMcLeod said:

Belt is cheap, if belt fray or crack, just change belt, no need to save to avoid car overheating ir even stalling on the road. 

• Praise 2

On 9/6/2023 at 1:03 PM, Ct3833 said:

Belt is cheap, if belt fray or crack, just change belt, no need to save to avoid car overheating ir even stalling on the road. 

the is no crack. the service engineer was trying to sell something not needed, saying all things like my car is falling apart. rubbish.

at Borneo, nothing is cheap. they quote me $90 for parts and labour for the cabin air filter change. I buy from stockist at $20 and 2 minutes to change.

Their hourly rate works out to be \$50 * 60mins / 2mins = $1500/hr.

so for belt change, i guess will be $300 to $500? 😛

Edited by ConnorMcLeod
  • Praise 1

On 9/6/2023 at 12:58 PM, Kklee said:

IMHO.

No belts changed.  210k hoses. 180k tie rods. U looking at  renew COE?

the car itself, can last more than 10 years, no doubt from me.

in the back of my mind, the COE was lower (~$35k) in 2018 than 2016 (~$50k) when i bought my Altis, i.e. I have a feeling more COE in 2018, and also 2007 for my previous car (i got $6k COE!)

It may be worth to lose the ~$10k (based on OMV) and renew a COE , and chase my dream of 2028 COE will be at $80k-80k than current $100k. 

OK, i hear you guys say, "Dream on". :D 

• Praise 1

On 9/6/2023 at 8:41 PM, ConnorMcLeod said:

you reckon CVT is not as reliable as traditional automatic gearbox?

IMHO.
No answer to this.  My previous AISIN AT gearbox clocked about 270,000 km. 
This current CVT still less than the AISIN.
But I had the CVT filter changed.

• Praise 1

On 9/6/2023 at 8:47 PM, ConnorMcLeod said:

the car itself, can last more than 10 years, no doubt from me.

in the back of my mind, the COE was lower (~$35k) in 2018 than 2016 (~$50k) when i bought my Altis, i.e. I have a feeling more COE in 2018, and also 2007 for my previous car (i got $6k COE!)

It may be worth to lose the ~$10k (based on OMV) and renew a COE , and chase my dream of 2028 COE will be at $80k-80k than current $100k. 

OK, i hear you guys say, "Dream on". :D 

IMHO.
When I trade-in, I see can pass you some stuffs like dashboard cover, TPMS, etc.  Of course also if u want them.  See 1st, no promise. 🤣

• Praise 1

On 9/6/2023 at 9:54 PM, Kklee said:

IMHO.
When I trade-in, I see can pass you some stuffs like dashboard cover, TPMS, etc.  Of course also if u want them.  See 1st, no promise. 🤣

Thanks mate but i ptobably wont need. more keen to know model of your new car coz you know your stuff and i might just copycat your choice 😉

just curious about your TPMS. if the inside tire type you cannot easily dekit. if those attach to the air inlet type you can use on your new car (although most new car has TPMS as standard item) . so how come you are giving it away ?

On 9/6/2023 at 9:54 PM, Kklee said:

IMHO.

Thanks mate but i ptobably wont need. more keen to know model of your new car coz you know your stuff and i might just copycat your choice 😉

just curious about your TPMS. if the inside tire type you cannot easily dekit. if those attach to the air inlet type you can use on your new car (although most new car has TPMS as standard item) . so how come you are giving it away ?

On 9/6/2023 at 11:00 PM, ConnorMcLeod said:

IMHO.
The next change, I will start a thread just like for this.  🤣

Yes, the TPMS are those inside.  On hindsight, I probably will sell it off together with Michelin PS4.  The rear pair are very new ( < 5000km ).

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1