2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

When current model pre-face-lift FXT 1st row out in late 2013, the price was $160k+.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

some of those toy cars from Toys R Us sound louder. [laugh]

For those that changed out your car horn, is the stock horn a high+low tones horn or just a single tone horn?

At 147k you can opt for a Merc or other cars which have increased their rebate.

Can, but it will be a small merc with less power.

Power can be increased with mods but you can't increase space hehe.

I think people on the lookout for an SUV won't want to go for a smaller car.

In short,

anyone of you received from MI a birthday voucher for redemption?

mystery goodie bag? What is inside?

I dont want to waste trip there to collect.

Collected mine. They gave a sunshade, notebook and foldable luggage bag.
  • Praise 1

Can, but it will be a small merc with less power.

Power can be increased with mods but you can't increase space hehe.

I think people on the lookout for an SUV won't want to go for a smaller car.

In short,

Turbocharged

Still will have people buying one, if they need to replace their car.

A few years ago, when Altis was like 120k, people still buy ma.

It's all about relative value. If a Forester is at $147k but other similar cars in the shortlist cost more, then it's still ok.

Buyers mindset is shaped by the market too. That's why people still buy even when COE was at 90k

True to a certain extend... but hor, knowing it once cost $123k to $127k.... dont think i wanna buy it at $147... haaa... unless it has a FL with lots of features throw in...

True to a certain extend... but hor, knowing it once cost $123k to $127k.... dont think i wanna buy it at $147... haaa... unless it has a FL with lots of features throw in...

That depends bro

What if a Corolla then costs $130k, and a QQ costs 135k?

So if everything else costs whatever it is today plus 20k, you might not mind if you really had to change a car..

Otherwise you will also think about the time when the COE was 6k, and you can score one of these for <100k..

And for 147k then, it won't have a ton of stuff thrown in, because there's no margin.

the 20k is just a direct add on to the current price.

Same as bak kua. Price is jacked up (but still the same bak kua) during CNY, people still buy because it's "once in a year".

So even if car cost more, people buy cos it's "once in 10 years". At least it's due to legitimate taxes and not due to profiteers.

Turbocharged

That depends bro

What if a Corolla then costs $130k, and a QQ costs 135k?

So if everything else costs whatever it is today plus 20k, you might not mind if you really had to change a car..

Otherwise you will also think about the time when the COE was 6k, and you can score one of these for <100k..

And for 147k then, it won't have a ton of stuff thrown in, because there's no margin.

the 20k is just a direct add on to the current price.

So sad right bro.... in the name of car lite, cleaner air, less congestion we are paying through our ass and it just got started!!!  [crazy]  [grin] ....

Same as bak kua. Price is jacked up (but still the same bak kua) during CNY, people still buy because it's "once in a year".

So even if car cost more, people buy cos it's "once in 10 years". At least it's due to legitimate taxes and not due to profiteers.

haaaa.... you know what the Sales gal say when someone commented the bak kua so expensive??

Oh its not expensive, we just give more discount in certain days.....now discount lesser... haaaa.....  

• Praise 1

unlikely to have more changes unless they add the JDM features like high-beam assist, rear traffic detection, blind spot detection.

next model already due and potential launch Tokyo Motor Show in Oct.

Agreed with Theoldjaffa, I think many member here also agreed.

In today's world. It's better to buy technology then buying brand.

Forester XT vs Small Merc.

Forester XT give more space, better horse power and cheaper... compare to a Merc A180 that only the logo look expansive.

today price at sgcarmart .

Forester XT S$127,800

Mers A180 S$137,888

You decide.

Just FYI, the net price of the A class is about 130k or less.. And in the new system, because of its clean engine, it will actually get cheaper and enjoy a 10k rebate. This is in contrast to the 20k surcharge of the FXT... And likewise for the B class, which has more legroom than an E class.. But ymmv...

Just saying that as FYI so you know that come 2018, the FXT will cost a lot more.

So get it while you can. Cheers

Edited by therock

So in comparing tech, the B Class is the safest car in it's class, with the highest safety rating, seven airbags, less FC, the lowest coefficient of drag in any car when it came out.. It may look like a toaster, but it cuts air better than a Ferrari... Yep it's true...

And many car buyers like adding auto mirrors, led lights etc as after market mods many Jap cars, these and other items are standard in the B Class.

So just so you know, it isn't just the badge .. Cheers

Edited by therock

Anyone car advice if the Audio HU of the Forester FNA is able to display the Picture of the MP3 Album that you play? Most of the Audio system in the market are able to do that, does the forester HU have this function?

Anyone car advice if the Audio HU of the Forester FNA is able to display the Picture of the MP3 Album that you play? Most of the Audio system in the market are able to do that, does the forester HU have this function?

I don't think it is possible. There are some discussions in other forums which says that the album art in some of the older ipod models affects the system. On my system, I could connect my ipod nano 7th generation but not my ipod classic 30GB.

Subaru's implementation of the ipod connection is not that great. Every time the playback is interrupted, the selection will go back to the very first track of the ipod (not even the album which was playing before the interruption).

• Praise 1

new forester how much u all downpaid? 50k?

Here in mcf, all in cash :)

Seriously some here loan the minimum sum (think 30k) for 1 yr. A couple paid full cash. A few do minimum downpayment. Quite a number do 60-70k deposit. Dun know why the number 60-70k, probably trade in price and some top up.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1