Redsurfer777 1st Gear October 1, 2015 Share October 1, 2015 i wouldn't say not useful or overkill. sometimes you really need that power to get pass others, esp when they are driving dangerously, esp the big ones. Not just that lah. There are those who will buy the non-turbo forester. For me, main consideration is safety. Their cars have performed very well in crash tests since many years ago. Now with 7 airbags and ESP, it's as safe as you can get. Of course there is no EyeSight etc but it's still among the safest you can get in SG. Even the entry XV have full airbags/ESP. Compare that with entry level toyotas. Together with AWD and X-mode, you get some semblance of a true off-roader. Actually the turbo with CVT is nothing to shout about. I think it's quite over-rated and overkill for normal driving. ↡ Advertisement 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Immotive 1st Gear October 1, 2015 Share October 1, 2015 Hi, I found that FXT's doors are relatively light and "soft", anyone feels the same? It is very obvious even if I just compare that with outback and impreza. Only me feel that way? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ckyc 1st Gear October 1, 2015 Share October 1, 2015 I am officially a Forester! Just signed today for a silver I-L. Delivery end October. My first Subaru and SUV. 请多多指教。 Welcome. i just got my ride today. nice and easy drive. only issue is the solar film like very lousy. going to read the manual tonight.. zoom zoom Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Pioneer 4th Gear October 1, 2015 Share October 1, 2015 Haha... the door panel is soft. Most definitely. Only me feel that way? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ayuready 1st Gear October 1, 2015 Share October 1, 2015 Ordered my Forester XT White with red leather last saturday. Now waiting for bidding and also the stock to arrive... they got some stupid policy for car colors with no ready stock, need to pay $1000 extra premium... but having drive a black cars for my last 2 ride. Really wanted a White Red combo. Test drive the forester, maybe i didnt slam the accelerator, the power or pull not as obvious as i imagined although the speedo meter reached 100km/h before i even realise it. Suspension abit bouncy compared to my current ride. could be typical of SUV. Overall for the $130k bracket, nothing come close if your focus is on the AWD and Power, other requirements have to take a back seat. Actually to those who said that Subaru interior now is very jialat... they probably never driven subaru during the 2002-2007 era. My old subaru rex then inside really is damn jialat, imagine the digital clock with those green light backing type... Some nice features i liked include the sunroof, auto boot release (in harrier you do not even get this feature until you top up and top up for the higher range) and also the CVT Chain Gearbox. Last 2 cars are Rex, Alfa 159 and now Forester due to family requirement. i think i have come full circle back to the subaru family. My 3rd subaru if counting the old forester i bought for my dad. The AWD really is something i came to like. Hope the car come soon =) 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
wookie_fan 2nd Gear October 1, 2015 Share October 1, 2015 Ordered my Forester XT White with red leather last saturday. Now waiting for bidding and also the stock to arrive... they got some stupid policy for car colors with no ready stock, need to pay $1000 extra premium... but having drive a black cars for my last 2 ride. Really wanted a White Red combo. Test drive the forester, maybe i didnt slam the accelerator, the power or pull not as obvious as i imagined although the speedo meter reached 100km/h before i even realise it. Suspension abit bouncy compared to my current ride. could be typical of SUV. Overall for the $130k bracket, nothing come close if your focus is on the AWD and Power, other requirements have to take a back seat. Actually to those who said that Subaru interior now is very jialat... they probably never driven subaru during the 2002-2007 era. My old subaru rex then inside really is damn jialat, imagine the digital clock with those green light backing type... Some nice features i liked include the sunroof, auto boot release (in harrier you do not even get this feature until you top up and top up for the higher range) and also the CVT Chain Gearbox. Last 2 cars are Rex, Alfa 159 and now Forester due to family requirement. i think i have come full circle back to the subaru family. My 3rd subaru if counting the old forester i bought for my dad. The AWD really is something i came to like. Hope the car come soon =) Hi Can i ask if the seats are leather or PVC? It feels really different from my Lancer stock Ralliart donuts seats, i cant explain.... I like your color combination,pls share some pictures when u get the car Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Puiru 2nd Gear October 2, 2015 Share October 2, 2015 (edited) Hi, I found that FXT's doors are relatively light and "soft", anyone feels the same? It is very obvious even if I just compare that with outback and impreza. I found the XV's doors feels heavier and sturdier than Forester. Regardless of this, I find the sound insulation in the cabin is good with my few rounds of test drive. The doors also close with a firm thud. But sometimes, the good things from test drive can turn out to be the opposite after owning the car. But so far I didnt pick up anyone complaining about the cabin is noisy. Am I right? Forester is still using the outdated black and white display panel between the odometers. The rest of Subaru's cars are having the newer colour LCD panel that display information like which door is not close, etc. My guess is that the next facelift will bring Forester on par with the rest of their cars. Maybe the door will also feel heavier and sturdier? But I cant wait for the 2016 Forester. Need a car soon. Edited October 2, 2015 by Puiru Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ml2spin 2nd Gear October 2, 2015 Share October 2, 2015 I'm gonna wait for that facelift.... but dunno if will kenna played out by COE, loan rates or LTA clawback?? I found the XV's doors feels heavier and sturdier than Forester. Regardless of this, I find the sound insulation in the cabin is good with my few rounds of test drive. The doors also close with a firm thud. But sometimes, the good things from test drive can turn out to be the opposite after owning the car. But so far I didnt pick up anyone complaining about the cabin is noisy. Am I right? Forester is still using the outdated black and white display panel between the odometers. The rest of Subaru's cars are having the newer colour LCD panel that display information like which door is not close, etc. My guess is that the next facelift will bring Forester on par with the rest of their cars. Maybe the door will also feel heavier and sturdier? But I cant wait for the 2016 Forester. Need a car soon. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Pioneer 4th Gear October 2, 2015 Share October 2, 2015 Seats are half leather meaning only the front portions you sit on are leather. Hi Can i ask if the seats are leather or PVC? It feels really different from my Lancer stock Ralliart donuts seats, i cant explain.... I like your color combination,pls share some pictures when u get the car *Buy Now* *Buy Now* *Buy Now* *Buy Now* *Buy Now* *Buy Now* *Buy Now* *Buy Now* I'm gonna wait for that facelift.... but dunno if will kenna played out by COE, loan rates or LTA clawback?? I like the XV look more. I would love to have the XV look with the 2L Turbo Forester Engine. I found the XV's doors feels heavier and sturdier than Forester. Regardless of this, I find the sound insulation in the cabin is good with my few rounds of test drive. The doors also close with a firm thud. But sometimes, the good things from test drive can turn out to be the opposite after owning the car. But so far I didnt pick up anyone complaining about the cabin is noisy. Am I right? Forester is still using the outdated black and white display panel between the odometers. The rest of Subaru's cars are having the newer colour LCD panel that display information like which door is not close, etc. My guess is that the next facelift will bring Forester on par with the rest of their cars. Maybe the door will also feel heavier and sturdier? But I cant wait for the 2016 Forester. Need a car soon. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tohto Hypersonic October 2, 2015 Share October 2, 2015 *Buy Now* *Buy Now* *Buy Now* *Buy Now* *Buy Now* *Buy Now* *Buy Now* *Buy Now* Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bobucw 2nd Gear October 2, 2015 Share October 2, 2015 May I check..... anyone knows of a good car wrap/sticker shop? e.g. I kinda wanna wrap some of the crome parts to black mat. Thank you. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Puiru 2nd Gear October 2, 2015 Share October 2, 2015 I'm gonna wait for that facelift.... but dunno if will kenna played out by COE, loan rates or LTA clawback?? I did asked my SE and the usual replies from him. Said no news yet. Told me that JDM Forester is meant for Japan domestic market. The forester we getting here is meant for Asia like Indonesia, Malaysia, etc. Anyway if can wait, then wait. Good things worth the wait. I like the XV look more. I would love to have the XV look with the 2L Turbo Forester Engine. Its the XV that lured me to MotorImage, not Forester, haha. But I bought the Forester after test drive. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Laurencelau 1st Gear October 2, 2015 Share October 2, 2015 I did asked my SE and the usual replies from him. Said no news yet. Told me that JDM Forester is meant for Japan domestic market. The forester we getting here is meant for Asia like Indonesia, Malaysia, etc. Anyway if can wait, then wait. Good things worth the wait. Its the XV that lured me to MotorImage, not Forester, haha. But I bought the Forester after test drive. I went Leng Kee to see the Teana and end up buying Forester. First 1000 km FC is about 7.2km/litre. Now 1,500 km seems got slight improvement 8km/litre Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ayuready 1st Gear October 2, 2015 Share October 2, 2015 Wow the FC is that bad? 7km per liter ? I think got to do with travel pattern. My Rex was around 8.5-9, 159 was 9-10. Shall see how the XT do. Guys just a question for existing owner. The small display in the middle of the car, I remember it show boost. Does it measure 0-100? What other info it show? Secondly, during test drive saw the technician like repairing the auto boot close open mechanism on the show car, wonder what the reliability of it. Do they lock the function of remote opening when car is moving etc? Any safety issue? Thanks for sharing Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Laurencelau 1st Gear October 2, 2015 Share October 2, 2015 I went Leng Kee to see the Teana and end up buying Forester. First 1000 km FC is about 7.2km/litre. Now 1,500 km seems got slight improvement 8km/litre My FC would not be good because of my drive pattern I drive around Taman Jurong, Jurong West, Jurong East and NTU. So how many % highway and how many % city? Mainly neighbourhood road. Normally short driving distance. Something return home the engine temperature still not very hot, about 80. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Puiru 2nd Gear October 2, 2015 Share October 2, 2015 Just to share a piece of news from my SE today - Interest rate will raise from 2.28% to 2.78% after 7th Oct 2015. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Pocus Turbocharged October 2, 2015 Share October 2, 2015 I found the XV's doors feels heavier and sturdier than Forester. Regardless of this, I find the sound insulation in the cabin is good with my few rounds of test drive. The doors also close with a firm thud. But sometimes, the good things from test drive can turn out to be the opposite after owning the car. But so far I didnt pick up anyone complaining about the cabin is noisy. Am I right? Forester is still using the outdated black and white display panel between the odometers. The rest of Subaru's cars are having the newer colour LCD panel that display information like which door is not close, etc. My guess is that the next facelift will bring Forester on par with the rest of their cars. Maybe the door will also feel heavier and sturdier? But I cant wait for the 2016 Forester. Need a car soon. Yes, leaked photo already shown the fuel guage and trip indicator to colored for the 2016 Facelift. The steering wheel is also different. The exterior of the facelift will include new rim design new headlamp designs with bi-xenon projectors instead of HID reflectors. You can check the video a few pages back. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sicko Neutral Newbie October 2, 2015 Share October 2, 2015 Hi All, I am intending to book my Forester this weekend. Just would like to hear more from already proud owners on the below: Average FC: Freebies gotten: Anyone kena the $1000 for indent colours? Number of COE bib before getting the ride? And additional information are most welcome. Cheer ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In NowRelated Discussions
Related Discussions
2022 5th Generation Subaru WRX
2022 5th Generation Subaru WRX
Kia Carens 2015: all new 7-seater arrives
Kia Carens 2015: all new 7-seater arrives
2022 Subaru Solterra BEV
2022 Subaru Solterra BEV
Sgcarmart Beyond Motion is happening this 21-22 March at Suntec Convention Centre! SAVE THE DATE!
Sgcarmart Beyond Motion is happening this 21-22 March at Suntec Convention Centre! SAVE THE DATE!
MCF Hangout to Makan. 06 March 2015
MCF Hangout to Makan. 06 March 2015
Advice on exhaust.
Advice on exhaust.
2019 5th Generation Subaru Forester (SK)
2019 5th Generation Subaru Forester (SK)