BYD Song

Carstyle

Neutral Newbie

Any idea whether distributors will bring in cars like BYD Tang and Song SUV, especially the 1.5T hybrid version? Very impressive performance and fuel economy, with practically all electronic stuff on the dash. Other models like BYD Tang and Qin are also very impressive.

byd-song-2016-004.jpg

byd-song-2016-049.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Any idea whether distributors will bring in cars like BYD Tang and Song SUV, especially the 1.5T hybrid version? Very impressive performance and fuel economy, with practically all electronic stuff on the dash. Other models like BYD Tang and Qin are also very impressive.

byd-song-2016-004.jpg

byd-song-2016-049.jpg

Looks very Korean..

Its a LHD unit you have posted, and it might take a while to re-engineer to RHD for our roads..

Neutral Newbie

Youtube has some videos of BYD Tang performance plug-in hybrid challenging some sports cars. Not surprising given its

0-100km/h in 4.9s. Likely to be much more expensive than the standard model.

byd-tang-1-640x427-c.jpg

20150121052033584.jpgbyd-tang-5-640x427-c.jpg

another chery or geely again.

Singaporeans are very brand conscious one.

1st will be conti than follow by jap, kor, America, MY, china.

I tot one teksi company is ordering them ??? fully electric some more ; though i dont know which model... it was in the news some weeks back only   

there was an accident years back in sz.

a byd electric teksi was hit by a Nissan gtr, caught fire and killed the teksi driver and his 2 passengers at the back seat. the driver of the gtr was found unhurt.

electric car or car from china is a no no.

Looks very Korean..

Its a LHD unit you have posted, and it might take a while to re-engineer to RHD for our roads..

Never know got this brand but the car looks ok to me

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Never know got this brand but the car looks ok to me

It is selling very well in China. Most go for the Song because of its original design and price point. But a new and smaller Yuan is out. It has standard, manual, auto, and hybrid models. The hybrid model is the one that interests me. Warren Buffet wisely invested in this company.

The smaller Yuan

BYD-Yuan-Hybrid-Side.jpg

Edited by Carstyle

To me the biggest issue right now(for full time electric cars) is can it be fixed after an accident. Cos problem for cars such as Tesla. There's no fix. If the electric car is involved in an accident it's straight away go to scrap. There's no repair workshop of dealer network to fix the Tesla cars. Their cars are no doubt awesome but right up to the point where the car is involved in a traffic accident.

I do not know how it works here in Sgp in terms of car insurance for electric cars. The safety on electric cars are also a big question mark. Like if involve in a traffic accident whether there's any electrical leaks. It's strong enough to kill a person that's for sure. Fire hazard is another. How much fire fighters here know how to put out the fire on electric cars w/o electrocuting the passengers as a result. Things like that.

i see alot of BYD for phv, not sure if they sell to mass market. If price is good, it will be tempting though. 

You realized all of BYD cars are on blue/yellow license plate? They are considered trial/research vehicles and not licensed for sale to the general public.

The trial started in 2016 for a period of 8 years (until 2023). Now, it is only 2019 (3 years) so ... happy waiting.

↡ Advertisement