Nissan QashQai 2014 Part 2

RadX

This is for the information of those of you who like to send their car in early before breakfast. At Ubi service centre, they serve Nasi Lemak and Fried Mee Hoon from 8 am (while stocks last). Plus some snacks. I wonder what the other centres serve.

post-89424-0-68952600-1474421071_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Dear all,

I recently had some bad parking incidents, and had damaged my car on 2 separate occassions.

May I know if anyone here knows the estimated costs of repair for both please? Can these be done at Tan Chong or should it be done outside?

One of the front bumper, and the other is the rear window visor. 

Thanks!

post-30764-0-31162500-1474423179.jpg

post-30764-0-03566700-1474423184.jpg

Wish TC brought the 1.6 diesel in. Solid engine.

the renault kadjar

13.2V during driving would seem to be a healthy sign for battery.

13.2v is the alternator. you cant tell the condition of the battery when the engine is running.  unless the battery is really really very weak and is a huge drain on the alternator.

• Praise 1

the renault kadjar

That's the funny thing..

The QQ is one of the most popular cars in SG. The Renault, with similar parts and mechanicals, is a pariah.. just the brand or is the build quality worse? 

That's the funny thing..

The QQ is one of the most popular cars in SG. The Renault, with similar parts and mechanicals, is a pariah.. just the brand or is the build quality worse?

Before i joined the forum, i always thought the QQ was MIJ and MIJ stuff are more reliable. By the time i started reading the things here, i found out the engine is from renault and built in UK. But already too late.

Yes i changed mine to 18" 2 days after collecting ride. Or u can buy e 19" tyres from TC.

What size rims and tyres did you change? Thinking of changing mine too, but afraid because of all those speed difference and all. Never change rims before. 

Before i joined the forum, i always thought the QQ was MIJ and MIJ stuff are more reliable. By the time i started reading the things here, i found out the engine is from renault and built in UK. But already too late.

Maybe if the Renault is much cheaper, it will sell?

Apart from the German ones, Conti brands don't do as well in SG.

In places where cars are cheap, people buy all kinds of brands..

So you regret? Any problem with the car after owning it?  

So you regret? Any problem with the car after owning it?

Too late to regret. A lot of problems after owning it. Too many poison too little money.

Maybe if the Renault is much cheaper, it will sell?

Apart from the German ones, Conti brands don't do as well in SG.

In places where cars are cheap, people buy all kinds of brands..

Never owned any cars before but used to hear horrible experience with repairs for conti cars.
  • Praise 1

Too late to regret. A lot of problems after owning it. Too many poison too little money.

Never owned any cars before but used to hear horrible experience with repairs for conti cars.

so its good "problems" heheh.. i hope... 

Hi Haronkr,

Sorry to hear, din have any problem with mine ... yet ... but some bros does have small issues here and there which is more than JDM cars for sure cos it is built in UK Nissan..

Too many poisons too little money is OOT  ??

Cheers,

Richard

Hi JuzFXT,

Nice find but software may differs and not sure if it works in our UK built ones .... it will be a SGD180+ gamble and see who guinea pig for it. [:p]

Cheers,

Richard

18" would be ideal for QQ 2.0. TC is retarded to spec it at 19".

Both Porsche Macan and Mercedes GLC are at 18", so Nissan multi-linked suspension is better than Porsche's and Mercedes's. lol.

hi Sggator,

TC ??

Nissan UK factory fitted these rims.

Best regards,

Richard

so far so good as in how long ago har? read in forum it's not very lasting... am also considering changing to LED but need to get the right one.

Hi ezflyer2k,

Also need to consider the brightness Lumen and throw of the bulbs if you travels to Malaysia.

Most LED are worse in throw than stock Halogen yellowish lights.

Cheers,

Richard

• Praise 2

What size rims and tyres did you change? Thinking of changing mine too, but afraid because of all those speed difference and all. Never change rims before.

Mine is a 2.0l QQ. Not sure whats yours. But nonetheless i changed it from a 19" to a 18" rim from stamford. Tyres i believe are 215/55/r18. The 19" ones were 225/45/r19. Hope this helps.