Scion Turbocharged June 21, 2016 Share June 21, 2016 I'm one of those who predicted England will do well this Euro cos many young players are called up to the team and younger players are hungrier for success boy, I was wrong... they played like headless chicken ↡ Advertisement 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hshs 5th Gear June 21, 2016 Share June 21, 2016 (edited) Without Modric, I think Spain can beat Croatia easily. I'm one of those who predicted England will do well this Euro cos many young players are called up to the team and younger players are hungrier for success boy, I was wrong... they played like headless chicken Hokkien say headless housefly Edited June 21, 2016 by Hshs Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jamesc Hypersonic June 21, 2016 Share June 21, 2016 I'm one of those who predicted England will do well this Euro cos many young players are called up to the team and younger players are hungrier for success boy, I was wrong... they played like headless chicken Its not the players. The players are very good especially the younger players. Is the manager that does not know what he is doing. Just like most companies really. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jamesc Hypersonic June 21, 2016 Share June 21, 2016 Prima donna Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jamesc Hypersonic June 21, 2016 Share June 21, 2016 England’s Gary Cahill: next Euro 2016 opponents could be in for ‘a real beating’ England bigging themslves up again. I will really laugh if the get Iceland or Portugal and get a real beating. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
BenTong Turbocharged June 21, 2016 Share June 21, 2016 Jus extended my starhub sports package for 2 yrs n got euro2016 free. i recontract my internet to fibrebroadband n SCV in december 2015 but sports package can b extended for 2 more yrs to get free euro2016.... y pay $78 for early bird special..... wen can get free.I renew my membership at Buona Vista CC. Free screening. Comes with free drinks and some snacks. And can make a lot of noise. See at home can't make noise/ gotta clean up. Sianz 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hshs 5th Gear June 21, 2016 Share June 21, 2016 Its not the players. The players are very good especially the younger players. Is the manager that does not know what he is doing. Just like most companies really. Imho, so many year England didn't win or even in semi is not only manager problem. Is they sort of talented player like Zidane, Messi, Iniesta, Xavier etc to turn the game. I totally agreed what Scion said : they play like headless chicken. Second placing this mean they may face Port(16), France(8), Ger(4). Good luck to them. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
mersaylee Hypersonic June 21, 2016 Share June 21, 2016 I hope they face the bigger teams and get real beating...the next world cup should be their real target. It's a complex time for their country...so emotions can run high for some... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jamesc Hypersonic June 21, 2016 Share June 21, 2016 (edited) Imho, so many year England didn't win or even in semi is not only manager problem. Is they sort of talented player like Zidane, Messi, Iniesta, Xavier etc to turn the game. I totally agreed what Scion said : they play like headless chicken. Second placing this mean they may face Port(16), France(8), Ger(4). Good luck to them. Yes great players win games but great teams win tournements. Denmark and Greece has won the Euros while England has not. I am not sure Denmark and Greece had better players than England, I think they have better organisation and that is due to the manager. If players running around like headless chickens is not due to the manager then when my staff run around like headless chickens is also not due to me being a lousy manager. Anyway when Roy was manager of Liverpool they also played like headless chickens so I think its just his tactics or more correctly his utter lack of tactics. Edited June 21, 2016 by Jamesc Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jamesc Hypersonic June 21, 2016 Share June 21, 2016 (edited) Man U, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs has all the stars but little Leicester City won the league. Who has heard of Vardy or Mahrez or Kante before 2015? Team work, organisation and tactics is what won the league for them. Man U spent a lot of money on star players like Falcao and Di María but they didn't win anything is because of a lousy manager LVG or now ex manager. Closer to home Liverpool also had many bad managers besides Roy. The Best Man for the job was useless and the same players under The Normal one went to 2 finals. No way could this happen under The Best Man. So do managers make a difference? Clubs wouldn't pay millions to the manager if they didn't earn it. Edited June 21, 2016 by Jamesc 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
cashcow Turbocharged June 21, 2016 Share June 21, 2016 Imho, so many year England didn't win or even in semi is not only manager problem. Is they sort of talented player like Zidane, Messi, Iniesta, Xavier etc to turn the game. I totally agreed what Scion said : they play like headless chicken. Second placing this mean they may face Port(16), France(8), Ger(4). Good luck to them. Yes yes yes it's the manager problem. The one and only brit manager who can get a chance to won a major tournament is perhaps Alex Ferguson. Get him out of retirement, and there is a chance, good golden chance, otherwise.....mission impossible (?) Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jamesc Hypersonic June 21, 2016 Share June 21, 2016 (edited) Ever since Brian Clough the England FA has always refused to appoint good managers who speak their mind. They prefer to give the job to less talented men they can control. Edited June 21, 2016 by Jamesc Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jamesc Hypersonic June 21, 2016 Share June 21, 2016 Yes yes yes it's the manager problem. The one and only brit manager who can get a chance to won a major tournament is perhaps Alex Ferguson. Get him out of retirement, and there is a chance, good golden chance, otherwise.....mission impossible (?) There is only one country SAF will ever manage and that is the mighty Scotland. And he actually did manage it. He was the Scotland manager in Mexico in the 1986 World Cup. Here is a pic of him in Mexico. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jamesc Hypersonic June 21, 2016 Share June 21, 2016 Martin Skrtel why you never play like that for Liverpool? 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bismarck Turbocharged June 21, 2016 Share June 21, 2016 Have to wait to praise @Jamesc Liao I hope England play very well and dominate the opponent in the next match, but cannot score and go into penalty shoot out. Hmmm....I would like to see si gin na miss the penalty, and cry, cry like a baby, and England lose on penalties again. So am I a sadist? 2 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
BenTong Turbocharged June 21, 2016 Share June 21, 2016 (edited) Hua.. I am amazed at the kind of support for England. Must be the marketing of the Premier League to lead many of us to think that it's the best league in the world. If I were to rank based on the quality of players playing it will be as follow: (1) Spain (2) Germany (3) France (4) Italy (5) China (6) Argentina (7) Brazil (8) England If based on managers (1) Spain (2) England (pep, Klopp, Wenger, Conte,Ranieri.. (3) Germany English players are overrated la.... Good at selling t shirts and conning ppl like SingTel which in turn made us suffer.. Edited June 21, 2016 by BenTong 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hshs 5th Gear June 21, 2016 Share June 21, 2016 Yes great players win games but great teams win tournements. Denmark and Greece has won the Euros while England has not. I am not sure Denmark and Greece had better players than England, I think they have better organisation and that is due to the manager. If players running around like headless chickens is not due to the manager then when my staff run around like headless chickens is also not due to me being a lousy manager. Anyway when Roy was manager of Liverpool they also played like headless chickens so I think its just his tactics or more correctly his utter lack of tactics. Then I think should blame the England FA also. For more than 20 years didn'tachive anything must blame them can not find a good manager 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hshs 5th Gear June 21, 2016 Share June 21, 2016 Hua.. I am amazed at the kind of support for England. Must be the marketing of the Premier League to lead many of us to think that it's the best league in the world. If I were to rank based on the quality of players playing it will be as follow: (1) Spain (2) Germany (3) France (4) Italy (5) China (6) Argentina (7) Brazil (8) England If based on managers (1) Spain (2) England (pep, Klopp, Wenger, Conte,Ranieri.. (3) Germany English players are overrated la.... Good at selling t shirts and conning ppl like SingTel which in turn made us suffer.. Agreed that English players are overated. But China? May be I didn't watch China Super League. ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In NowRelated Discussions
Related Discussions
Toyota Sienta 2016
Toyota Sienta 2016
2016 Mercedes E-class (W213)
2016 Mercedes E-class (W213)
2016 Audi A4 sedan & avant
2016 Audi A4 sedan & avant
New Suzuki Vitara 2016
New Suzuki Vitara 2016
2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante
2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante
Euro 2024
Euro 2024
2016 / 2017 Subaru Impreza
2016 / 2017 Subaru Impreza
2016 Renault Kadjar
2016 Renault Kadjar