COE bidding - 2nd round of Feb 2017 delayed with change

wdldalian

so in short, based on FY17's budget projection - is COE premiums expected to increase or decrease?

from the article: 

But the government does not see revenue from COE premiums going up. Vehicle quota premiums of S$6.518 billion look set to fall 5 per cent from S$6.863 billion. 

The government says the decrease is partly due to higher collections from increased COE quotas being offset by lower collections from fewer renewals expected. 

Last year, a record 44,303 COEs were revalidated; this was a 70.1 per cent spike from 2015's 26,052, said the Land Transport Authority. The jump in renewals came from car owners who extended their COEs beyond 10 years instead of scrapping their vehicles. In calendar year 2016, a bumper crop of 89,913 car COEs became available, up nearly 48 per cent from 60,888 COEs in 2015. This year, some motor distributors say the number could be about the same, even without the contribution from the motorcycle COE quota to the open category COE quota.

down!!  [bounce1]

Edited by TangoElite
  • Praise 2

from the article: 

But the government does not see revenue from COE premiums going up. Vehicle quota premiums of S$6.518 billion look set to fall 5 per cent from S$6.863 billion. 

The government says the decrease is partly due to higher collections from increased COE quotas being offset by lower collections from fewer renewals expected. 

Last year, a record 44,303 COEs were revalidated; this was a 70.1 per cent spike from 2015's 26,052, said the Land Transport Authority. The jump in renewals came from car owners who extended their COEs beyond 10 years instead of scrapping their vehicles. In calendar year 2016, a bumper crop of 89,913 car COEs became available, up nearly 48 per cent from 60,888 COEs in 2015. This year, some motor distributors say the number could be about the same, even without the contribution from the motorcycle COE quota to the open category COE quota.

down!!  [bounce1]

THis round is the strongest support of the up trend, if COE is still not up sharply, means we roughly feel the temperature already. 

THis round is the strongest support of the up trend, if COE is still not up sharply, means we roughly feel the temperature already. 

drop can be sharp but increase is rarely sharp 

why? because all AD and PI have their upper limit to bid for, restricted by their margin mah

on the other hand, drop can be sharp as long as demand is not strong

therefore I think increase 2k is still ok, reasonable

more than 2k increase is a quite a lot.

definitely wont be more 4k increase 

so how sharp is your sharp? 

• Praise 2

Anyway, COE value is controlled by the ADs.

If they control the bidding, COE prices shd remain below $50K.

But if they are selfish and do not co-operate, then prices will go up.

from the article: 

down!!  [bounce1]

Down but not by much I think. This year's COE quota will be slightly lower than last year.

Anyway COE premium receipt for FY 2016 (S$6.86) is much higher than last year budget estimate for FY 2016 of S$5.65b.

MOF must be loving UG to bits.

• Praise 2

Down but not by much I think. This year's COE quota will be slightly lower than last year.

Anyway COE premium receipt for FY 2016 (S$6.86) is much higher than last year budget estimate for FY 2016 of S$5.65b.

MOF must be loving UG to bits.

yes their quota assumptions is an important variable in the equation

good stat, thats a 1.2bn surplus!

Anyway, COE value is controlled by the ADs.

If they control the bidding, COE prices shd remain below $50K.

But if they are selfish and do not co-operate, then prices will go up.

think different ADs have different hopes for COE direction

premium makes do well in high COE environment, B&B makes do well in low COE 

different agenda to begin with, how to co-operate?

• Praise 1

yes their quota assumptions is an important variable in the equation

good stat, thats a 1.2bn surplus!

think different ADs have different hopes for COE direction

premium makes do well in high COE environment, B&B makes do well in low COE 

different agenda to begin with, how to co-operate?

Yeah 10% of the total government revenue. Whoever came up with the scheme in 1990 should get a medal (even though it is super painful for car owners).

Neutral Newbie

Book attrage on 4Feb, sales agreement say collect vehicle 14 working days after securing COE

8Feb secure COE. Early this week SE ask me go down sign docs and settle balance payment, then tell me vehicle collection is early March. I asked her about the date written in the sales agreement and she say " sorry got a lot of backlog orders from uber need to clear first."

Exactly.. Also say the same thing. Also just submitted the insurance thingy. Say probably 10 mar. Almost a mth after secure coe. Dunno can make them compensate..

Yeah 10% of the total government revenue. Whoever came up with the scheme in 1990 should get a medal (even though it is super painful for car owners).

if i am the one who came up with that scheme back in 1990, i won't ask for any medal

just 0.00001 % as commission can already  :yeah-im-not-drunk:

• Praise 3

Last year, a record 44,303 COEs were revalidated; this was a 70.1 per cent spike from 2015's 26,052, said the Land Transport Authority. 

Come 2021, there will be a bumper crop of COEs available  [bounce2]

Come 2021, there will be a bumper crop of COEs available  [bounce2]

not really a bumper la. for sure in 2021 it wont be more than now or last year. but compared with 2019 and 2020 it will be slightly more.

In total is 6, most are reply others, if this is not allowed, then I stop now, take it easy.

my post has two parts, did you conveniently forgot to reply one part, or selectively reply the other?

So since most of your posts are replied posts, are you going to stay away if nobody reply to you?

• Praise 1

Book attrage on 4Feb, sales agreement say collect vehicle 14 working days after securing COE

8Feb secure COE. Early this week SE ask me go down sign docs and settle balance payment, then tell me vehicle collection is early March. I asked her about the date written in the sales agreement and she say " sorry got a lot of backlog orders from uber need to clear first."

Bro, buy car and buy house same, most important is must be happy!!! Dont spoil the whole thing because of some acceptable incident.

soon soon huat tua chai, talk to your SE and tell her your concern, your old car road tax being the main thing. if you can live with 1-2 weeks late, tell her that you will hand over car to her by 10 March, if later than 10 march you wont collect car until Apirl, then her sales comm ken delay one month. 

Dont get upset, anything you can live with dont let it spoil the mood and happiness of the new car purchase. 

Remember, happy, must be happy and good mood, then the car can feel t also.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 2

I have to say congrates for securing your COE and getting your car soon. Though the dates got delayed slightly it is still consider very fast considering the timeline. Not many dealers could make it this fast. 

opel!!!

8 working days. But mayb my case isolate case.  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement