Euro 6 petrol cars

Currahee

Basket....u really can see thru ppl. Ok ok I admit. I'm a 17-yr old JC student living w my parents n onli take bus w no financial obligations (does borrowing money from my fren to buy manga comics count?). Dang...how do u do it?

That's why gotta learn from sifu like u mah. I oso aspire to pay full cash for 2nd hand car one day when I grow up so that I can barge into a forum dismissing every MCF bro's comments. Must feel quite shiok right?

Don't bluff lah, I remember you drive a 5-er and looking to buy a new CHR for your wife.  

MCF really a lot of rich people, money flowing out from the nose, mouth, ears.... even ass!  Wahahaha...

↡ Advertisement

What he said is true. 

Once I was having dinner with a friend and he wanted to hook up with the waitress so he put his BMW key on the table. I also have a habit of leaving my car keys on the table but mine is a mere mitsubishi. But what the heck right? At least it will make my friend and his BMW keys look good.

Halfway thru the dinner, the waitress slipped me a note asking me to meet her at the back (unfortunately, I am happily married). I'm uglier than my friend and speak like a peasant so I reckon it was because my car is paid for in cash and my friend must have taken a hefty loan.

What kind of world r u living in? Haha.

• Praise 1

Not all loans are bad.

Some loans like housing loans can actually be good. It has a negative compounding effect and the rates are still lowish. Capital appreciation and rental yield can easily make it worthwhile to drag a housing loan over decades.

Car loans on the other hand, is a horrible idea. The rates are already high. It is also calculated right from the start. A car never appreciates and in fact theoretically depreciates to zilch at the end.

While we harp about hdbs 99 lease. A car often have 10 year lease of less. A car has huge upkeep, and driving locally in Singapore comes with it's hazards.

Except for those who have no choice but to use car for their work (and this doesn't include PH drivers who might lose their jobs when automation arrives).. only simpletons will find a any car loan more than 40% worthwhile.

Expect those with huge loans to take offence with this post.

Edited by Perspectivism
  • Praise 2

This is a case of blind leading the blind. Do you know of anyone taking heavy car loan who has achieved this?

Car loan Effective Interest Rate for new cars is 5%. Used cars is 8%. All loans frontload the interest payments ie. for the first half of the term of the loan you are not paying down what you borrowed. Your car is underwater.

The amount of "spare cash" you invest "elsewhere" must equal the amount you are borrowing for the car.

Above this, do you know of any investment that generate "more than 10%"? This investment must be generating this return consistently for the full term of your car loan too. Every year 10%. If yes, then you are a relative of Warren Buffett.

Likely is you are using nonsense talk from these forums, from folks who have never achieved these results and are heavy car loan users themselves.

You are a grumbler. Unless you are trained in car emissions testing and have expertise tuning engines, your criticism is cheap and cowardly.

Let say you have $200,000 FD.

If the new car effective interest in 5% and FD is about 1%.

You will keep the money in FD or use the cash to buy car?

Wah sei....world expert in everything cum in liao. Bring out your notepads n pencil, children. Got many new spectacular things to learn today

Bring out note pad and pencil?

You Fatty Kim's crony or what?

Every car requires some form of financing to acquisition, if that's your aim start a thread dedicated to car loans. Honestly if someone was silly enough to commit to something out of his means based on faceless forum comments, well its good and jolly for that individual so be it no need to be bothered. 

Discussing about how to acquire Euro 6 compliant cars in the face of impending change to car purchase and usage taxes is relevant.

I am suggesting standing back because folks in this forum are blind leading blind. Use the time to reflect on how one wants to buy the next car in the face of news that more countries are cutting off the manufacturers of internal combustion engines. Rational choices may be very limited for a time.

The flip side is that OMV for hybrids and pure electrics will be higher. And higher OMV means resulting taxes are larger.

• Praise 2

Why this thread became like that, i take loans, i pay loans, i enjoy my vroom vroom, i happy. Simik blind lead by blind? I can pay full in cash, but i choose what i want to do with my money. Does all the purchase i made are 100% best in value? No. Does all the service / product that i provide to earn my living is 100% best value? Perhaps no.

No need to assume ppl making purchase only after reading from forum, but if it is then its their own problem. They may be grateful when COE goes up again to 80k, vice versa.

Perhaps just perhaps, some car owners come in and look for another purchase because of itch, looking for a reason to change car after 2 -3 years ownership.

K i go sleep liaw, tomorrow got school to attend..

• Praise 4

is there a list from LTA that states what are the cars approved and ban under this euro 6 standard?

So far the LTA shared data are :

HONDA VEZEL 1.5 X (DBA-RU1)

TOYOTA SIENTA 1.5 G (DBA-NSP170G-MWXQB)

TOYOTA SIENTA 1.5 G (DBA-NSP170G-MWXQB)

TOYOTA VELLFIRE 2.5 Z G-EDITION TWIN MOONROOF (DBA-AGH30W-NFXSK-C)

There are also other cars which are euro6 too but not on the above list. 

• Praise 1

is there a list from LTA that states what are the cars approved and ban under this euro 6 standard?

Tomorrow morning you head down to the car showroom. 100% guarantee they will only be selling cars that are Euro 6. No need to ask for a list from LTA.

If you talking about used car, no need to worry because it doesn't affect used cars.

• Praise 1

If they are old enough to buy a car they are old enough to make their own decision be it badly or otherwise, frankly I have yet to find the individual who changes their decision over a forum post. Different wants different needs, some people just want assurance of a new AD cars that's their call. Mine I bought new as I wanted to choose the factory options specific to my needs.

If you feel the strongly on the need to educate the newbies on such issues organize a forum meet up with that agenda and to meet others, be more than happy to come down and support if timing suits.

You don't realise the number of newbies reading these forums and no one has explained to them that car loans are front-loaded with the interest? And that the effective interest rate is double the published rate?

Most also never realise that for the cost of new BB car, can get used cars with some performance pedigree for same price. It is very enlightening when they realise that the premium conti they aspire to after their new BB car, can drop in price so badly.

Is it not better for them to learn the right thing from others who bother to share the right thing?

The main reason folks get angry when confronted with such issues is because they themselves never realise and feel foolish and lost face.

• Praise 5

re: ...does all the purchase I made are 100% best in value...

You obviously don't have any financial obligations and still living with parents. Be careful that you don't end up as someone who know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

re: ...does all the service I provide to earn my living is 100%...

If you think like this, you confirmed will take heavy loan whole life and start blaming others and gahmen for your "hard" life.

re:...but if it is then its their own problem...

But the purpose of reading these forums is to learn and avoid mistakes right? One must intervene if folks are going wrong. You mean you rather listen to salesman who want to earn your commission and make you take heavy loan? We have the right lobang must share, right?

U really think ur smarter than anyone. I salute for your confidence. I really hope u wasnt serious on these comments coz it tell me that u lead a sad life.

Wake up!

• Praise 2

You really think someone with no heavy car loan, driving a peppy used car, a strong savings discipline and a positive work attitude leads a sad life?

Confirm you are still living with your parents and have no financial obligations. If you have a job, why not offer to pay for road tax, insurance and the monthly cashcard and petrol bill for a taste of reality.

Bro,this is Euro 6 petrol car topic la!

Don't talk those rubbish about heavy car loan,strong saving, etc etc.

Is there anything related?

Lucky you are not my friend,haha!

• Praise 1

You really think someone with no heavy car loan, driving a peppy used car, a strong savings discipline and a positive work attitude leads a sad life?

Confirm you are still living with your parents and have no financial obligations. If you have a job, why not offer to pay for road tax, insurance and the monthly cashcard and petrol bill for a taste of reality.

K, lets agree to disagree and put away personal comments like even knowing me haha. Many roads lead to Rome and we are on diff path.

Now now, before killing the thread, whats good deal on Euro 6 compliant cars?

• Praise 1