Opel Insignia 2017

therock

8 hours ago, Shoebox said:

I think so too. How to lug a huge car like this with a 1.4. But most of the news sites that I read up on the FL shows 1.4 and 2.0 engine options, with the 1.5 being discontinued. That's the main thing that puts me off the FL.

https://www.motor1.com/news/391946/opel-insignia-gsi-facelift-unveiled/

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/vauxhall/insignia/108579/new-2020-vauxhall-insignia-prices-specs-and-images

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/uk-pricing-revealed-new-2020-vauxhall-insignia-line

Oh dear, 1.4 will be underpowered. Even I feel the current 1.5 feels somewhat lethargic 

↡ Advertisement

(edited)
12 hours ago, Sopskysalat said:

That's an overstatement. Why? Did we see Subaru outsell any brand? Even with such good value offering for its Impreza, XV , it is not selling well against stable brand such as Honda and Toyota. Subaru is Made in Japan some more.... The only exception is Forester which many see value in it especially XT. But probably because it is SUV.

Unfortunately, there will only be a small group of buyers who are attracted to Opel. For the price of 109k and at basic trim, the pricing has not gone down much relative to others. 

Terence2112 will know because he bought the high trim at around 120k. So not sure why he said 110k is a good price now when then was probably better deal? 

Subaru outsells Suzuki.

But I disagree with their sales strategy. They should not do what Komoco did a few years ago, jacking up the list price and then pleasantly telling you that actual price is lower.

The XV is like price 14k above the selling price. For those who dont know, they dont bother and will get something else.

And I think they should bring in basic variants of the Impreza, because not everyone wants or needs the frills in the i-s.

Since its long in the tooth and cannot squarely compete with Mz3 or Civic, they should compete with the Koreans (which they did).

When I bought mine, Civic was a whopping 17k more and Elantra elite was 2 or 3k more.

Due to low scrap value, the i-s should be on par with pricing of Avante S and bring in the basic version and sell it at Avante Basic.

With 3 year free servicing, it can sway consumer sentiment. 

Opel, forget it.

Unless "a deal of the century" be made, i.e. priced at 99k.

Some people will say: "Why not I buy a Camry hybrid from PI? 160kW damn fast and yet fuel sipping"

Edited by Brass

2 hours ago, Terence2112 said:

Oh dear, 1.4 will be underpowered. Even I feel the current 1.5 feels somewhat lethargic 

For me, the insignia, especially the innovation premium edition, is quite attractive with all the active/passive systems, matrix led, HUD, ventilated seats with massage, bose speakers. But the deal breaker for me was the 1.5l engine performance.

54 minutes ago, Lotr said:

For me, the insignia, especially the innovation premium edition, is quite attractive with all the active/passive systems, matrix led, HUD, ventilated seats with massage, bose speakers. But the deal breaker for me was the 1.5l engine performance.

Yes, rather lethargic. Not sure why. The civic turbo also 1.5t. 
im not well versed in engines and cars, so please pardon my noob reply. 

(edited)
34 minutes ago, Terence2112 said:

I tested the car twice, just not used to the pickup. Still I think it's a good deal.

Edited by Lotr

Twincharged
7 hours ago, Terence2112 said:

Civic a much lighter Car,Insignia are Audi A6  Size.

On 6/18/2020 at 11:34 PM, Shoebox said:

Ya lo! My service advisor say the current batch of Innovation no more HUD liao leh... very sad. Only the innovation premium have. I shall confirm with him again when i test drive.

Saw a resale innovation less than 1 year, from pics, looks like comes with HUD.

On 6/19/2020 at 12:03 PM, Terence2112 said:

It is down to engineering design. The turbo size and gearbox especially the gearbox, it is an old gen 6AT. Try a Mazda 6, you will be surprised by how well its 6AT is tuned and engineered. With lower power output and NA engine, it may drives better than the 1.5T.

Unfortunately, 8AT on insignia is only an option for 2.0T version. 

(edited)

I test drove the Insignia 1.5 petrol this morning.

They removed a few things which were really important to me:

- No more HUD
- No more colour LCD on the dash cluster, it's now black and white
- 7" touchscreen instead of 8"
- No more automatic park assist
- No more bose speakers

The salesperson said they brought in the Insignia with all the bells and whistles for LTA homologation. Subsequent batches they removed the features to reduce the OMV.

Road noise was also louder than expected. Road handling felt good and comfortable.

Now i know why used Insignia can sell for higher price than brand new...

I'm so disappointed. 😞

Edited by Shoebox
No more bose speakers too
  • Praise 1

12 minutes ago, Shoebox said:

- No more HUD

The salesperson said they brought in the Insignia with all the bells and whistles for LTA homologation. Subsequent batches they removed the features to reduce the OMV.

Road noise was also louder than expected. Road handling felt good and comfortable.

I'm so disappointed. 😞

Don't be sad saw you book another car hehee

• Haha! 1

18 minutes ago, Shoebox said:

- No more HUD
- No more bose speakers

I'm so disappointed. 😞

There should be still 3 more Insignia 2L in their 2nd floor parking lot. Its the original non cheapened version. OMV 41K. ARF $50k, AWD 2L Turbo 260hp, 400NM engine shared with the current gen Chevy Malibu Premier that we cannot get in SG. 8AT 

But.... you must be able to accept an early 2018 stock. The 3 cars has been sitting in the storage/showroom for the past 3 years. 

You need to look for the 'Innovation Premium' trim level to get all the equipment. The current Insignia 1.5 are lower spec 'Innovation' trim level only. The specs is slightly better than the diesel 'Joy' model that its being used by GoJek

1 hour ago, Cheefarn said:

There should be still 3 more Insignia 2L in their 2nd floor parking lot. Its the original non cheapened version. OMV 41K. ARF $50k, AWD 2L Turbo 260hp, 400NM engine shared with the current gen Chevy Malibu Premier that we cannot get in SG. 8AT 

But.... you must be able to accept an early 2018 stock. The 3 cars has been sitting in the storage/showroom for the past 3 years. 

You need to look for the 'Innovation Premium' trim level to get all the equipment. The current Insignia 1.5 are lower spec 'Innovation' trim level only. The specs is slightly better than the diesel 'Joy' model that its being used by GoJek

what is the dealer going to do with these 3 cars? given that the FL model is coming.  not used as management cars?

1 hour ago, Lotr said:

what is the dealer going to do with these 3 cars? given that the FL model is coming.  not used as management cars?

Use as a source of spare parts? To support registered cars? Now they can claim immediate spare parts availability! No need to wait for shipment!

• Haha! 3

5 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

The Insignia 1.5 Innovation being sold now is even lower spec than the Innovation trim that's in the brochure, website, and the second hand 1.5 Innovation that are currently on the market. Even lower than the used Enjoy diesel trim. Even the 2nd hand diesel got colour LCD display and auto parking.

I circled the features that are missing. Not sure what else is missing because I stopped tracking halfway when expectation vs actual is too much difference already. Car really looks good outside, but feels so cheap inside now.

Second hand 1.5 petrol Innovation, OMV $26984 and $27911 (from used car SGCarMart ads), got everything as advertised. Brand new Innovation, OMV $27740 in March (from OneMotoring), but with so many corners being cut, the wow factor is gone.

Website link: https://opel.com.sg/insignia-grand-sport/

Brochure link: https://showroom.opel.com.sg/brochures-and-price-lists/

website.jpg

brochure.jpg

14 minutes ago, Shoebox said:

The Insignia 1.5 Innovation being sold now is even lower spec than the Innovation trim that's in the brochure, website, and the second hand 1.5 Innovation that are currently on the market. Even lower than the used Enjoy diesel trim. Even the 2nd hand diesel got colour LCD display and auto parking.

I circled the features that are missing. Not sure what else is missing because I stopped tracking halfway when expectation vs actual is too much difference already. Car really looks good outside, but feels so cheap inside now.

Second hand 1.5 petrol Innovation, OMV $26984 and $27911 (from used car SGCarMart ads), got everything as advertised. Brand new Innovation, OMV $27740 in March (from OneMotoring), but with so many corners being cut, the wow factor is gone.

Website link: https://opel.com.sg/insignia-grand-sport/

Brochure link: https://showroom.opel.com.sg/brochures-and-price-lists/

website.jpg

brochure.jpg

The brochure is quite inaccurate. AGR seats are only available in the innovation premium edition. 

it is likely that the innovation premium was originally catered for the 2L variant. But like you said, AG decided to bring the bells and whistles here, to test the market.

Just to clarify on what do you mean by LCD display? Is it that the speedometer in the centre is virtual and is flanked by 2 analog dials at the left and right? 

6 minutes ago, Terence2112 said:

The brochure is quite inaccurate. AGR seats are only available in the innovation premium edition. 

it is likely that the innovation premium was originally catered for the 2L variant. But like you said, AG decided to bring the bells and whistles here, to test the market.

Just to clarify on what do you mean by LCD display? Is it that the speedometer in the centre is virtual and is flanked by 2 analog dials at the left and right? 

It looks like the one I attach here.

Similar to the 2nd hand diesel (but they got colour).

Not the 2nd hand petrol, which is high resolution colour virtual display.

Current model is is two analog, with a low resolution black and white in the center (picture attached).

cluster.jpg

2 minutes ago, Shoebox said:

It looks like the one I attach here.

Similar to the 2nd hand diesel (but they got colour).

Not the 2nd hand petrol, which is high resolution colour virtual display.

Current model is is two analog, with a low resolution black and white in the center (picture attached).

cluster.jpg

Oh ok. This is the current speedometer for the astra. Some of the insignias in Europe is also using this set up. 
But yeah, the brochure is highly inaccurate. Had the same misinformation and problem when I got mine last year. 

12 hours ago, Terence2112 said:

U go see the 2L Insignia, the speedometer is full digital LCD screen and it can be config to display other info as well. Only the tach, fuel and temp gauge are analog gauges

The voltmeter, TPMS, turbo boost, oil life monitor etc can be called out from the speedometer screen area. . 

↡ Advertisement