COE Bidding – 2nd Round of November 2017

Carbon82

Your advise support with objective evidence not like many others here with subjective gut feel.

Asides, from yr data, there are only 20k+ of ~5 yrs old car. Does that meant in 3 yrs time, the coe will start to be rocket high; and this phenomenon will last for 3 to 4 yrs?

This was precisely my point .... it is a vicious cycle .... 

Gahment win -win ... low supply high COE prices, high supply low COE prices .... 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

This was precisely my point .... it is a vicious cycle ....

Gahment win -win ... low supply high COE prices, high supply low COE prices ....

yup...this thing was created to milk anyone that wanted a vehicle...1 and only in the world...imo

Your advise support with objective evidence not like many others here with subjective gut feel.

Asides, from yr data, there are only 20k+ of ~5 yrs old car. Does that meant in 3 yrs time, the coe will start to be rocket high; and this phenomenon will last for 3 to 4 yrs?

That is my view. COE might drop in 1Q due to VES but at current level, you can’t go very wrong. I always thought COE clawback (to even out supply) will happen but I was so wrong, that means no tinkering of the system. The boom-bust cycle continues. Wahahaha....

Edited by Voodooman

That is my view. COE might drop in 1Q due to VES but at current level, you can’t go very wrong. I always thought COE clawback (to even out supply) will happen but I was so wrong, that means no tinkering of the system. The boom-bust cycle continues. Wahahaha....

There is a remote possibility of very low or even $1 COE in January 2018. I think it is worth a try to self-bid for those who are waiting to get one. Good luck!

There is a remote possibility of very low or even $1 COE in January 2018. I think it is worth a try to self-bid for those who are waiting to get one. Good luck!

COE might weaken in Jan 2018 but $1 is very remote.  The last time we have $1 COE was when the auction was a closed one, IIRC.  

Think I will also register and try my luck, can make at least $20-30k immediately by flipping the car after registration. Got opportunity to arbitrage.  Lol...

Edited by Voodooman
  • Praise 1

COE might weaken in Jan 2018 but $1 is very remote.  The last time we have $1 COE was when the auction was a closed one, IIRC.  

Think I will also register and try my luck, can make at least $20-30k immediately by flipping the car after registration. Got opportunity to arbitrage.  Lol...

The important thing is to register and try your luck, even if $10k also very lucky.

• Praise 1

what will happen if the COE is 1sgd?

You car's paper value will be very low, but you should open a bottle of champagne. :a-panic:

All the cars sold on SGCM are priced based on annual depreciation and not paper these days as very few cars are scraped prematurely following revision in the scrap regime years ago.
  • Praise 1