Freaky Coincidences

kdash

A few years ago, I attended a wedding dinner with my mom. The groom was my JC classmate, and my mom was invited by some aunty from the bride's family. At the time, I did not think much of the fact that my mom and I were invited to the same wedding by different parties, it must be one of those random coincidences in such a small country. 

The wedding dinner went by as usual, with the customary video, march-in, cake cutting, 交杯酒, speeches, photo taking etc... I had a good time catching up and reminiscing the old times with my JC classmates at the same table, while my mom was allocated to some other aunty table. 

At the end of the dinner, I went to look for my mom and we joined the queue to shake hands with the newlyweds and their families before leaving the venue. As we approached the wedding couple, I gave my heartiest congratulations to the groom with a handshake, a hug and a brief chat while my mom was talking to one of the aunties beside the bride. 

The next moment, the bride suddenly came to me, held both my hands, and asked "Do you remember me??" in quite a loud voice and with a look of excitement!

I was caught by surprise! I looked at the bride, and then my friend the groom, and my mom with a confused look, my mind racing to try to recall where I had met the bride before... She looked vaguely familiar, but I know she was definitely not one of my exes (haha), so who can she be??? Was she a classmate from one of my previous schools? Colleague from work?...

Finally after a few moments, I gave up and asked her how did she know me. Her answer was so unexpected and freaky that I get goosebumps even as I recall the moment now. 

"Do you remember we attended the same kindergarten before?" 

My mouth slowly dropped open as the realisation hit me...

I used to attend my 2 years of kindergarten with a girl who lived in the next block from where I stayed. We sat beside each other in class, and as young children we got along quite well. Later we lost contact as we went to primary school and she moved away. 

Somehow by a freaky twist of fate, she got to know my JC classmate and got married... the aunty who invited my mom to the wedding was actually the bride's mom who somehow kept in contact throughout all those years... 

I think I freaked out a bit as I spoke to the wedding couple, saying how coincidental the situation was. After saying our congratulations and goodbyes, we made our way home. Along the way back, I kept thinking about the whole matter and tried to rationalise the whole series of events in my mind... My conclusion is: SG is too small... 

What is your freaky coincidence encounter? 

PS to mods: I know there are a few coincidence threads, but seems like different context, so I started a new thread. Hope this is ok. Thanks. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 17

Some years ago, I was in Dalian, China, to pay a friend of mine a visit.

While drinking coffee, and being my first time there, my friend suggested that I hail a taxi from my hotel the next day to take me around some of the interesting sights as she had to work.

To prevent me from being ripped off, she called her brother to ask for the approximate price. Her brother gave us a contact for his friend who drove a taxi. On the spot in the cafe, we called him and asked him what the rough charges are.  He gave an approximate price.

After we are done with the coffee, we waited for a cab outside the cafe. She would drop me at my hotel as it was along the way. While waiting, she mentioned she would ask the driver for our cab for the price to double confirm.

After fifteen minutes, a random cab came, and we got on. She asked him the approximate price for the city tour. The taxi driver replied that it was strange that someone just called him to ask about the prices.

We compared the phone number and it was him !

So many cabs in Dalian and we picked the one we called earlier.

Edited by Davidtkl
  • Praise 9

wow !! what have you been taking ? ambrosia ?

for someone to have a resemblance to his very much younger self after SO MANY years ... you must be taking something right !

for me, my dialect group is hainanese ... so finally after years of coaxing, i decided to go visit my grandparents hometown about 8 years ago. i was not married then.

so as per normal we (group of 14 family and relatives) took a flight a went there. It was my first leisure trip overseas as i did not like to travel.

when we arrived, we were met by our guide and then whisked to our bus and left the airport promptly and proceeded to the hotel.

first stop was to visit our relatives in the village and before we proceeded, we asked to be brought to the town area so we can buy some food and offerings to bring back to the villages.

once the bus stopped, we got off the bus and there i was, standing right opposite a food shop selling  mix-veg rice.

I was very hungry then and wanted to grab some food ... but then decided on the KFC about 200m away instead. but the eatery did leave an impression on me as it was the first shop i saw there.

fast forward 4 years when i went back to the town area to propose to my would-be-wife ... and i was really surprised when she brought me around and showed me the very same eatery - it was her cousin's shop and she had been was working there for the past 1 year or so.

Edited by Ysc3
  • Praise 7

I married my pri one school mate (not in same class) and she was also my neighbor then.

I moved house in pri 3 and never met her.... but still end up marrying her [:(]

• Praise 11

wow !! what have you been taking ? ambrosia ?

for someone to have a resemblance to his very much younger self after SO MANY years ... you must be taking something right !

as much as i would like to say yes, i think she associated me from my mom whom her mom would have told her who she was just moments before...

as much as i would like to say yes, i think she associated me from my mom whom her mom would have told her who she was just moments before...

• Praise 1

Only coincidence I always have is that if I dream of someone that I never met long ago, and I REMEMBER that dream, I would check the orbituary page.

Face would be there

Happened quite a few times with lost pals. RIP

I married my pri one school mate (not in same class) and she was also my neighbor then.

Sounds like Final destination to me
  • Praise 12

Only coincidence I always have is that if I dream of someone that I never met long ago, and I REMEMBER that dream, I would check the orbituary page.

Face would be there

A few years ago, I attended a wedding dinner with my mom. The groom was my JC classmate, and my mom was invited by some aunty from the bride's family. At the time, I did not think much of the fact that my mom and I were invited to the same wedding by different parties, it must be one of those random coincidences in such a small country.

The wedding dinner went by as usual, with the customary video, march-in, cake cutting, 交æ¯é, speeches, photo taking etc... I had a good time catching up and reminiscing the old times with my JC classmates at the same table, while my mom was allocated to some other aunty table.

At the end of the dinner, I went to look for my mom and we joined the queue to shake hands with the newlyweds and their families before leaving the venue. As we approached the wedding couple, I gave my heartiest congratulations to the groom with a handshake, a hug and a brief chat while my mom was talking to one of the aunties beside the bride.

The next moment, the bride suddenly came to me, held both my hands, and asked "Do you remember me??" in quite a loud voice and with a look of excitement!

I was caught by surprise! I looked at the bride, and then my friend the groom, and my mom with a confused look, my mind racing to try to recall where I had met the bride before... She looked vaguely familiar, but I know she was definitely not one of my exes (haha), so who can she be??? Was she a classmate from one of my previous schools? Colleague from work?...

Finally after a few moments, I gave up and asked her how did she know me. Her answer was so unexpected and freaky that I get goosebumps even as I recall the moment now.

I used to attend my 2 years of kindergarten with a girl who lived in the next block from where I stayed. We sat beside each other in class, and as young children we got along quite well. Later we lost contact as we went to primary school and she moved away.

Somehow by a freaky twist of fate, she got to know my JC classmate and got married... the aunty who invited my mom to the wedding was actually the bride's mom who somehow kept in contact throughout all those years...

I think I freaked out a bit as I spoke to the wedding couple, saying how coincidental the situation was. After saying our congratulations and goodbyes, we made our way home. Along the way back, I kept thinking about the whole matter and tried to rationalise the whole series of events in my mind... My conclusion is: SG is too small...

PS to mods: I know there are a few coincidence threads, but seems like different context, so I started a new thread. Hope this is ok. Thanks.

You wish you are the bridegroom?

Face would be there

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 2

The wedding dinner went by as usual, with the customary video, march-in, cake cutting, 交æ¯é, speeches, photo taking etc... I had a good time catching up and reminiscing the old times with my JC classmates at the same table, while my mom was allocated to some other aunty table.

If a girl do that to me, I will definitely freak out [crazy]
  • Praise 3

ermm... that also means you dont look much different from when you were in kindergarten!!  [lipsrsealed]  [laugh]

Face would be there

please dont dream abt me 

please dont dream abt me

please dont dream abt me 

please dont dream abt me 

please dont dream abt me 

please dont dream abt me 

please dont dream abt me 

please dont dream abt me 

:XD:

• Praise 10

Why the glum look? [:p]   Is she your stalker?

• Praise 1

ermm... that also means you dont look much different from when you were in kindergarten!! [lipsrsealed][laugh]

please dont dream abt me

please dont dream abt me

please dont dream abt me

please dont dream abt me

please dont dream abt me

please dont dream abt me

please dont dream abt me

please dont dream abt me

:XD:

If I do I’ll let u know haaaa

Confirm sg is very small, always happen such thing like your friend know your friend or friend etc. Like in a way would know each other de.  :o

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2