Newbies, post ur questions/request here

Laserjet

Neutral Newbie

To prevent spammers from rampaging throughout the forum, we have implemented the rule that Users with less than 10 posts will be unable to start new topics. These users will only be able to reply to others.

We understand that this could pose frustration to new members who may have a legitimate need to post new topics. So if you have such a need, post your discussion in this thread. If we deem justified, we will create a new thread for you.

Feel free to also ask any question within this thread.

Please read Mycarforum Faq For Newbies before posting.

↡ Advertisement

But of late, after that massive new thread attack, the spammers were actually digging up old threads and posting without replying to anyone.

How are you going to stop them from doing that? 

Just last night alone, I think i saw like 5-6 old threads dug up by the same spammer.  [laugh]

• Praise 3

But of late, after that massive new thread attack, the spammers were actually digging up old threads and posting without replying to anyone.

Just last night alone, I think i saw like 5-6 old threads dug up by the same spammer.  [laugh]

yah..the DDOS attack is one of the attacks

this morning we had the viagara spammer.....maybe @chowyunfatt call him

• Praise 1

Alternatively, how about limit the number of reply that newbie can reply each day ? 

Perhaps till limit to 2 or 5 reply each day.

At least the spammer can only spam that max number of thread before "it " is banned. 

• Praise 1

Alternatively, how about limit the number of reply that newbie can reply each day ? 

At least the spammer can only spam that max number of thread before "it " is banned. 

there was already a limit of 5 posts in the first 24 hour, but subsequently he can post as per normal.

there was already a limit of 5 posts in the first 24 hour, but subsequently he can post as per normal.

Oh well, let’s think again
  • Praise 4

But of late, after that massive new thread attack, the spammers were actually digging up old threads and posting without replying to anyone.

Just last night alone, I think i saw like 5-6 old threads dug up by the same spammer. [laugh]

Nod Nod...old thread.. initially I thought got new info coming in..
  • Praise 1

i always thought that accounts with negative praise points would be subject to moderation and be unable to spam, but doesnt seem to be the case for the spammer the previous night.

no use 1.

impossible to  stop spammer. u can create watever limitation.

in the end if they want to spam,

they just create more account.

and while u creating hasher rules to stop spammer,

u kill geninue newbie

i think the rules now is about right

• Praise 2

no use 1.

impossible to stop spammer. u can create watever limitation.

u kill geninue newbie

agreed. as it is now, already many newbies complaining about the restrictions. too many restrictions and genuine newbies will be discouraged from posting here.

Nod Nod...old thread.. initially I thought got new info coming in..

actually quite easy to spot one, suddenly you see a few old threads surfaced and the last poster same ID, cfm 99% is spam liao, and that usually happens at super off peak hours.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

no use 1.

impossible to  stop spammer. u can create watever limitation.

u kill geninue newbie

I agree with this. 

Spammers are just like "virus", you just have to make sure the  "anti-virus" are functioning to clean them up. 

I believe that the level of spamming has not really increase much, just so that they used to be cleaned up before ppl actually notice, now they get notice before they get clean up.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

agreed. as it is now, already many newbies complaining about the restrictions. too many restrictions and genuine newbies will be discouraged from posting here.

Complaining about restrictions now? Are you sure? 

These guys must have not know what is 6 months ago.  [laugh]

You are lucky to have come in late to be able to become the face of MCF, if you had come 2-3 months early, you would have been dead base on your activities level.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Complaining about restrictions now? Are you sure?

These guys must have not know what is 6 months ago. [laugh]

You are lucky to have come in late to be able to become the face of MCF, if you had come 2-3 months early, you would have been dead base on your activities level. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

agree. looks like i joined MCF at the right time [laugh]
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2