2019 Hyundai Avante (Elantra Facelift)

singcheng

13 hours ago, AnthonyChua_91032 said:

Hi everyone,

Am driving the 2019 S model, just wondering if it is possible for me to upgrade my aircon to the climate control type used for the Elite model?
Can I just buy the Elite model's climate control unit and replace my current aircon unit?

Technically doable. Quite a few owners did the change if i am not mistaken. But not sure if it is worth it or how much benefit you will see from this upgrade. 

↡ Advertisement

@Ahtea Thanks for the quick response. Would you be able to point me to any of the owners that managed to do this? Yup understand that it may not be worth it, so would like to find out more info first before making any decision.

10 hours ago, AnthonyChua_91032 said:

@Ahtea Thanks for the quick response. Would you be able to point me to any of the owners that managed to do this? Yup understand that it may not be worth it, so would like to find out more info first before making any decision.

Unfortunately off hand i cant find the post which suggest this was done successfully anymore. You can try the stockist to see if they can give you more inputs and suggestions on whether this is worth the DIY project.

On 4/8/2022 at 4:40 PM, Z030005 said:

You can try this https://www.sgcarmart.com/directory/merchant.php?MID=11856 for original parts

I am managed to get cruise control by upgrading the right panel on steering wheel here. 

How much is it and is it plug and play? By the way, anyone install folding mirror for avante 19 basic model?

I also find the car a bit noisy now. Anyone do sound insulation to the car?? 

10 hours ago, Passion said:

How much is it and is it plug and play? By the way, anyone install folding mirror for avante 19 basic model?

Cruise control costs me 120 + 7% GST, installation included. The installation involves removing the steering wheel to access the panel. 

10 hours ago, Passion said:

I also find the car a bit noisy now. Anyone do sound insulation to the car?? 

All variant comes with sound insulation treatment (can't remember the brand name) by Komoco. 

I have the same feeling some times but it's usually because of some loose item in car (like car shade, coin/ cable or even plastic of tissue bag)

1 hour ago, Z030005 said:

Cruise control costs me 120 + 7% GST, installation included. The installation involves removing the steering wheel to access the panel. 

Plug and play?

20 minutes ago, Passion said:

Plug and play?

something like this. 

From what I can see (during my installation), there's no programming / update work. 

With this case, you can cruise control only, there's no other advanced feature like tyre pressure monitoring for each tyre

1 hour ago, Z030005 said:

All variant comes with sound insulation treatment (can't remember the brand name) by Komoco. 

I have the same feeling some times but it's usually because of some loose item in car (like car shade, coin/ cable or even plastic of tissue bag)

Is not loose items in car. Is the wong wong sound when car glide at low speed and road noise can get unbearable..

2 minutes ago, Z030005 said:

something like this. 

From what I can see (during my installation), there's no programming / update work. 

With this case, you can cruise control only, there's no other advanced feature like tyre pressure monitoring for each tyre

Yours is the pre facelift version?

6 minutes ago, Passion said:

Yours is the pre facelift version?

Mine is " 2019 Hyundai Avante (Elantra Facelift) base model", i just selected a video that's available on youtube. 

23 hours ago, Z030005 said:

Sound Cladd (Tuff-Kote product)

21 hours ago, Passion said:

Is not loose items in car. Is the wong wong sound when car glide at low speed and road noise can get unbearable..

If your car is still under warranty, better go back to KMC to get it check.

Could be wheel bearing issue.

7 hours ago, Ahtea said:

If your car is still under warranty, better go back to KMC to get it check.

Could be wheel bearing issue.

Wheel bearing is wear and tear?

On 4/14/2022 at 9:04 AM, Z030005 said:

Where did u went to install? Warranty will be voided by Komoco?

↡ Advertisement