2019 All new Mazda 3

csy_sky

On 12/18/2020 at 11:20 AM, too456 said:

Haha, young for sure... but been driving for a few years already. Just haven't had a car yet, so no NCD or anything like that 

You should have registered your car under one of your parent's name to enjoy lower insurance premium.

Even at 0% NCD, it's at most $1K.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

10 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

You should have registered your car under one of your parent's name to enjoy lower insurance premium.

Even at 0% NCD, it's at most $1K.

I did think about that, but the car loan is under my name so unfortunately can't do that. Bopian lo, makan the higher premiums 💀

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, too456 said:

I did think about that, but the car loan is under my name so unfortunately can't do that. Bopian lo, makan the higher premiums 💀

It's usually wise to start off your first car with an older used car where the premiums are lower, or with a COE car where 3rd party insurance is much cheaper even at 0% NCD.

Build up your NCD to 50% before getting a new car.

30 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

It's usually wise to start off your first car with an older used car where the premiums are lower, or with a COE car where 3rd party insurance is much cheaper even at 0% NCD.

Build up your NCD to 50% before getting a new car.

I did consider those options as well. I wouldn't get 3rd party even if I paid off my car in full - call me kiasi but it's not something I want to skimp on for now. I was comparing depreciation between new and used vehicles (~2015-2018), and for the models I was looking at, it wasn't a big difference compared to this car when TEK revised the prices downwards because of the additional VES rebate. And I wouldn't have to deal with any issues arising from used cars. I know that the tradeoff is higher insurance premiums, but when the difference is ~$400, it's not too bad.

Thanks for the advice though, there's still lots I don't know. Been reading this forum and a few others or so to pick up tips from the gurus here 🙂

Hi first time car buyer here, signed the m3 on TEK's 11.11 deal. Went back a couple of posts and saw that those who signed the Nov deal has gotten their COE and is ready to collect their car on Jan. Anyone here signed the Nov deal and not gotten their COE yet?

• Praise 1

40 minutes ago, RachelKim said:

Hi first time car buyer here, signed the m3 on TEK's 11.11 deal. Went back a couple of posts and saw that those who signed the Nov deal has gotten their COE and is ready to collect their car on Jan. Anyone here signed the Nov deal and not gotten their COE yet?

Oh dear, which bid are you at now?

9 hours ago, too456 said:

I did consider those options as well. I wouldn't get 3rd party even if I paid off my car in full - call me kiasi but it's not something I want to skimp on for now. I was comparing depreciation between new and used vehicles (~2015-2018), and for the models I was looking at, it wasn't a big difference compared to this car when TEK revised the prices downwards because of the additional VES rebate. And I wouldn't have to deal with any issues arising from used cars. I know that the tradeoff is higher insurance premiums, but when the difference is ~$400, it's not too bad.

Thanks for the advice though, there's still lots I don't know. Been reading this forum and a few others or so to pick up tips from the gurus here 🙂

Did Tek revised the prices due to additional ves? I thought their prices always remained but it's the gov grant.

Buying second hand is somewhat a gamble, I feel. Some buy a car for convenience, but if a second or third hand car has potential to give more problems when you don't have the capacity to deal with it, having the money also can't solve the inconvenience at that point in time.

37 minutes ago, kChaste said:

Did Tek revised the prices due to additional ves? I thought their prices always remained but it's the gov grant.

Buying second hand is somewhat a gamble, I feel. Some buy a car for convenience, but if a second or third hand car has potential to give more problems when you don't have the capacity to deal with it, having the money also can't solve the inconvenience at that point in time.

Yes, I meant that one week period when TEK dropped their prices by 5k because of the additional VES rebate. Doesn’t matter who’s reducing the prices as long as consumer benefits 😗

20 minutes ago, RachelKim said:

The upcoming one will be the second. With COE at 40k will they still honor the 11.11 pricing?

Isn't it your 3rd round of bidding?

• Haha! 1

31 minutes ago, kChaste said:

Isn't it your 3rd round of bidding?

The first round was missed as the contract was finalised a couple of days later. However I took the NG route and I used the difference for the for some additional upgrades/add-ons on top of the base price. Any experience from TEK for failing to secure bid after 6 rounds? Not in hurry for car, but kinda not fun if car is avail for registered but no bid secured.

8 minutes ago, RachelKim said:

The first round was missed as the contract was finalised a couple of days later. However I took the NG route and I used the difference for the for some additional upgrades/add-ons on top of the base price. Any experience from TEK for failing to secure bid after 6 rounds? Not in hurry for car, but kinda not fun if car is avail for registered but no bid secured.

Have got one guy got so pissed while waiting round after round, he just went n bought a second hand vezel in the end cause the SE ask him to top up but can’t promise guarantees delivery. His username also is also Shaun something. I only buy if the SE gives free top up to G bid otherwise I won’t buy. Don’t want to deal with any waiting or non securing saga...

if u really like the car, ask the SE how much to top up for G bid. Unless u expect COE to drop below the level when u signed then can take the risk and wait and see.

Edited by yellowshaun
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, RachelKim said:

So far I googled, I haven't really seen Mazda owners flagging this out. 

Your signed price already factored in a risk of Coe reaching higher limits in 6 bids. Kinda waste of time right if after 6 bids, still can't get the car. That's at least 3 months. It's to weigh if paying 2k for guaranteed bid is worth it. To each it's own.

What upgrades or add on did you get ?

35 minutes ago, yellowshaun said:

Have got one guy got so pissed while waiting round after round, he just went n bought a second hand vezel in the end cause the SE ask him to top up but can’t promise guarantees delivery. His username also is also Shaun something. I only buy if the SE gives free top up to G bid otherwise I won’t buy. Don’t want to deal with any waiting or non securing saga...

if u really like the car, ask the SE how much to top up for G bid. Unless u expect COE to drop below the level when u signed then can take the risk and wait and see.

Ok I found the guy u can read his post history - https://www.mycarforum.com/profile/117849-shaunchan85/

2 hours ago, kChaste said:

How much is a brila coat worth and how necessary?

Brila coating is not cheap and its good. Whether is it necessary is up to individual. 

↡ Advertisement