2019 All new Mazda 3

csy_sky

51 minutes ago, Kklee said:

I am saying the control of the right foot at about the cruising speed.

E.g. 
a)  if my car travels at a faster cruising speed, applying consistent pressure may not offer me better FC.  I constantly need to take note of the "best" pressure.
b)  if my car travels at a lower cruising speed ( around 70 perhaps ),  apply consistent pressure offers me better FC. 

Usually I am doing (b) because I do not need to think about it. 

When you are cruising at 70km/h you are at a lower gear and not the cruising gear which is the highest gear. You can see with the rpm level.

don’t need to ‘monitor’ the pressure. You can see by the rpm. 

Edited by Discoburg
↡ Advertisement

7 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

When you are cruising at 70km/h you are at a lower gear and not the cruising gear which is the highest gear. You can see with the rpm level.

don’t need to ‘monitor’ the pressure. You can see by the rpm. 

I have FC gauge. 😎

17 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

Wah I also have

Use that.
Only my car do not have cruise control for testing. 😎

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

Oh yeah CC very good to attain great FC

What I really want is to qualify ron98 vs ron92 vs ron95. 😎

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Kklee said:

What I really want is to qualify ron98 vs ron92 vs ron95. 😎

That’s good. I never pump less then 98 petrol so can’t help you there. Your car so old already still haven’t done the study yet?

4 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

That’s good. I never pump less then 98 petrol so can’t help you there. Your car so old already still haven’t done the study yet?

IMHO.
Can't be done because no cruise control. 

10 hours ago, Discoburg said:

Alternator. I get it that you need to drive for it to be charged but it won’t affect the FC.

The fuel you burn is driving the alternator which charges the battery. The more you need to charge the battery cos you draw down on the stored charge, the more your alternator has to work which then consumes more petrol... turning up the aircon to make it colder, turning the fan higher, or powering on all the fancy lights and gadgets, including charging your phone (especially fast charging) all consumes electricity from the battery which has to be charged back (otherwise your car may not start the next day), and this charging comes from the alternator which is driven by the engine which consumes petrol lor...

So yes, all your electrical consumption in the car does raise fuel consumption... which is why for those fuel consumption record breaking drives, the drivers always turn off aircon, radio, the entertainment head unit, etc to minimize fuel consumption...

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, teomingern said:

The fuel you burn is driving the alternator which charges the battery. The more you need to charge the battery cos you draw down on the stored charge, the more your alternator has to work which then consumes more petrol... turning up the aircon to make it colder, turning the fan higher, or powering on all the fancy lights and gadgets, including charging your phone (especially fast charging) all consumes electricity from the battery which has to be charged back (otherwise your car may not start the next day), and this charging comes from the alternator which is driven by the engine which consumes petrol lor...

So yes, all your electrical consumption in the car does raise fuel consumption... which is why for those fuel consumption record breaking drives, the drivers always turn off aircon, radio, the entertainment head unit, etc to minimize fuel consumption...

When you drive, the alternator will charge up the battery. It doesn’t consume more Petrol to charge up ‘more’. It will charge as you drive. 

if according to what you mean, you probably have to drive round island to charge up the battery full if you on radio, charge your mobile devices using usb on board, have led lights in cabin etc. 😂

12 hours ago, Discoburg said:

I also over inflate my tyres. Use the thinnest EO, pump V power,  though you will have some technology gadgets to improve FC and performance.

you driving old car?

0W40?

• Praise 1

9 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

5W20. You see the viscosity of the oil with the number behind the W.

qns; does the front no determine how thick the oil is during cold start (and how fast it can circulate)?

• Praise 1

14 hours ago, Discoburg said:

No constant speed right? Shucks!

Only cannot try the things I want. 😎

• Haha! 1

15 hours ago, teomingern said:

13 hours ago, Discoburg said:

When you drive, the alternator will charge up the battery. It doesn’t consume more Petrol to charge up ‘more’. It will charge as you drive. 

if according to what you mean, you probably have to drive round island to charge up the battery full if you on radio, charge your mobile devices using usb on board, have led lights in cabin etc. 😂

@teomingern is correct.

Say your engine generates 100 units of power. Your aircon takes up 5 units, lights, electricity etc takes up another 5 units. So 90 units goes to moving your car.

Now you turn your aircon to full blast. Maybe 10 units. Fast charge your phone also. Another 10 units. So your engine only has 80 units of power. To have 90 units of power to move your car, you need to step harder, ergo higher FC.

@discoburg is right in that the alternator charges the battery as you drive. But the power to charge the battery must come from somewhere, if not you just discovered a method of generating infinite energy. That power comes from the slight delta between the theoretical 100% power going to moving the car, versus maybe 99.5% going to moving the car and 0.5% going to the alternator to charge the battery. I pulled the numbers out of my ass, but you get the idea. Maybe it's not so much that your fuel consumption *increases* when you charge your alternator, but that the amount of power used to move your car is *lower* than if you had zero electrical load on your battery, assuming constant amounts of petrol being pumped into your engine. So either your FC goes up to maintain the same amount of power used to move your car when electrical load increases, or your car moves slightly slower when you have a higher electrical load and FC remains constant.

Edited by too456
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1