2014 / 2015 BMW 2 Series Active / Gran Tourer

slickshifters

Hi,

Did anyone signed up for the petrol version?

Still available at $149k. But I understand is a stripped down version with no GPS. Sensatec seats and 16 inch sports rim.

OMV 27880

Only 3 yrs warranty and 3 yrs servicing.

Diesel is still available for ident at $158k. Eruo 6 engine.

Any comments will be appreciated as I may be thinking of getting either one.

Thanks

Agree with what spidey said on different strokes for different folks.

I think this petrol 216GT is the business version which shld be similar to the 216AT. So apart from less features like sensatec seats, smaller rims etc amongst others, it has 1 big advantage in that it should be much quieter compared to the 216diesel but obviously a price to pay for this as torque is much less so like what some bros say, maybe u shld test both back to back and decide but I was told the 216diesel was sold out?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Yes. diesel version sold out. But can still indent on firmed order. 

Delivery before year end.

Yes. diesel version sold out. But can still indent on firmed order. 

Delivery before year end.

Ok noted and do give us feedback between the 2 when you test drive. Good luck on your decision making!!

• Praise 5

(edited)

Hi,

Did anyone signed up for the petrol version?

Still available at $149k. But I understand is a stripped down version with no GPS. Sensatec seats and 16 inch sports rim.

OMV 27880

Only 3 yrs warranty and 3 yrs servicing.

Diesel is still available for ident at $158k. Eruo 6 engine.

Any comments will be appreciated as I may be thinking of getting either one.

Thanks

Does 149k already include the usual discount ranging from 8-10k? I was told the listed price is 158k.

149k was more like an advert gimmicks

Edited by forever9999sg

Confirmed $149k. straight $9k discount from $158K. No gimmick.

Perhaps $9k are the GPS etc.

Ohhh.... the SE said this is the standard model, not the luxury.

(edited)

Confirmed $149k. straight $9k discount from $158K. No gimmick.

Perhaps $9k are the GPS etc.

Ohhh.... the SE said this is the standard model, not the luxury.

I see.. so its not much diff from the 158k price i heard.. actually the petrol and disel versions are almost same price..

U cant top up to add the gps n theres only 1 version which is the standard version

personally i choose petrol over disel due to the uncertain future of disel cars.. dunno wat type of patterns pap might implement on disel cars, possibly affecting the resale value dwn the road.. but of coz the tradeoff is the performance and lux version features such as gps, trims

Edited by forever9999sg

Listed price for 216i is $158K. $9K overtrade discount is for last weekend, not sure is it still the same.

216i is business version while 216D is luxury version (sold out, but can order but bad thing is no firm price for now).

Neutral Newbie

There is water condensation or water vapor in the 2 front headlight, only 1 day old 216D GT during rain. It is normal? AD told me is normal. There is a hole in the headlight for hot air to escape? That what I had been told by AD.

Test drove the petrol version yesterday.

With 4 adults and 2 toddlers. Driveability was very good. Smooth yet packs a punch.

Driver's cockpit was impressive.

The only two drawbacks will be the space functionality.... lacks of ample storage options (cup holder and compartments for nitty gritty things). BMW needs to attend lessons on the needs of a family MPV.

Not easy to get in and out of thrid row (even for toddlers).

Third row not really for adults. When I sat there my head touched the ceiling (i am 1.75m).

Even if kids sit on thrid row, driver will have diffculties keeping a check on them as the 3 rows of seats are at the same level (not movie theatre style). To check on the kids, will have to depend on passengers of 2nd row. It doesn't help that there is totally no gaps between the three seats on the second row. So the kids on 3rd row is basically facing a blank sofa 'wall'.

The things stripped from the diesel version are 17"rim to 16". No GPS. No leather seats. Normal trimmings, No LED. I can live without these.

Nice car though. Nice pricing. $149k for a BMW, where to find?

But I think I will pass on this. Badge is nice. But functionality is important too. They should learn from VW touran's space functionality.

Perhaps BMW will perfect the formula for the next version of 2GT.

• Praise 4

Twincharged

No leather seats on a 150k car?? Wow...

I think real leather from factory will cost quite a bit. Not sure about BMW, but merc is fake leather and genuine leather is not cheap.

Locally fitted so called leather is rubbish. Rather factory fabric seats anytime.

I think real leather from factory will cost quite a bit. Not sure about BMW, but merc is fake leather and genuine leather is not cheap.

Locally fitted so called leather is rubbish. Rather factory fabric seats anytime.

The BMW 216d comes with factory fitted vinyl leather.. you should try them bro, you won't be able to tell the difference, cheers.

• Praise 1

Me also test drove both the 216D GT and 216i today. Just my opinion for those still keen.

1) The 216D is luxury trim while 216i is not.

2) As a slow driver, I felt that 216i is sufficient in term of power. 216D confirm is having more torque (270nm vs 180nm) and hence feel more powerful. So definitely 216D is more fun to drive despite the engine noise. 

2) No dakota (real) leather vs Sensatic (fake) leather - to be frank, I cannot tell the diff. 

3) No GPS in 216i 

4) No wood trim in 216i, which I personally more prefer the one in the 216D. 

5) 16"? No LED? - These I am not sure. 

Somehow 216D still able to book but on indent basic and rather expensive now. 

For those compare to Touran - I think I better don't say too much here. 

Went to test drove the Harrier T also. Super surprised that the so called Premium trim is using suede seat at $151K!!!

The fake leather in BMW is so much better.  

Test drove the petrol version yesterday.

With 4 adults and 2 toddlers. Driveability was very good. Smooth yet packs a punch.

Driver's cockpit was impressive.

The only two drawbacks will be the space functionality.... lacks of ample storage options (cup holder and compartments for nitty gritty things). BMW needs to attend lessons on the needs of a family MPV.

Not easy to get in and out of thrid row (even for toddlers).

Third row not really for adults. When I sat there my head touched the ceiling (i am 1.75m).

Even if kids sit on thrid row, driver will have diffculties keeping a check on them as the 3 rows of seats are at the same level (not movie theatre style). To check on the kids, will have to depend on passengers of 2nd row. It doesn't help that there is totally no gaps between the three seats on the second row. So the kids on 3rd row is basically facing a blank sofa 'wall'.

The things stripped from the diesel version are 17"rim to 16". No GPS. No leather seats. Normal trimmings, No LED. I can live without these.

Nice car though. Nice pricing. $149k for a BMW, where to find?

But I think I will pass on this. Badge is nice. But functionality is important too. They should learn from VW touran's space functionality.

Perhaps BMW will perfect the formula for the next version of 2GT.

Yeah, guess it's BMW's first foray in MPV and for a first-timer, I still think it did really well.

Honestly, it's a 5+2 part-time MPV. The Touran or Grand Picasso may fare better, but even the new Grand Scenic suffers from the +2 concept at the last row - and Renault isn't a NEW player in this segment. Last row is really, kept for nimbler smaller ppl and works on a part-time basis.

But the diesel power train really trumps the ownership experience..: so far I know for a lot of ppl, and at least for me personally, it's hard to go back on a petrol engine after experiencing the cost savings (saved easily 2/3 my fuel costs) and also the super addictive low-mid end immense torque that is superb for our day-to-day driving conditions in SG.

As for quality of fittings, can't really go wrong with the Bavarians. Hard to compare although VW has improved by leap & bound ... but if you've driven and owned both, one can tell the Bavarians are a mark abv the Veedubs.

So, end of the day, guess it really depends on what you're looking for and prioritizing.

Just my humble 2 cents.

• Praise 3

Forgot to add.

There is one last diesel 2GT for sale. 

It is the display unit. $3000 off the listed price of $158800. So is $155800.

So fast leg fast hand, go grab it. THE LAST DIESEL 2GT!!!

I dont think they will take in indent, and shipment may reach here after year end. Then how? New penalty tax charged to who?

• Praise 2

Forgot to add.

I dont think they will take in indent, and shipment may reach here after year end. Then how? New penalty tax charged to who?

216D GT can indent. 

Forgot to add.

At this price point, the Odyssey and Sharan are much better options if you need the space. 

A proper workshorse and that 2L turbo in the VW!

Other Conti 5+2 are generally 20-30k less if you can forgo the badge.

Weird that when everyone's exiting the diesel market, VW just launched a 1.6 Touran Diesel

↡ Advertisement