Watch Part V

Carbon82

3 hours ago, vectra73 said:

This piece was sold. I place interest list for this and 2 more model. 

Come to think of it, price is really high!

Since you haven't buy, my advice is to skip this because it is too big on your wrist.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

well it definitely looks big for one but one man's meat is another man's poison so u know best.

i can see the appeal for AP RO but the ROO doesn't speak to me, at all...

• Praise 1

(edited)
3 hours ago, Weez911 said:

Since you haven't buy, my advice is to skip this because it is too big on your wrist.

One thing i dont understand.

i have friends whose wrists are puny and small. Nothing wrong with that until they say that a 36mm is small and they like > 42 mm watches.

i am imaginary eyes rolling and face palming .  
what the heck are they thinking.  

its not a car where you sit in, its a watch which you put on your wrist for heavens sake!

already got small wrists like guniang still want to wear watches which are way too big on their wrist.  
For guniang at least can carry off as trendy girlish style, for a grown man, mai lah.

end up looking sibei wannabe……..

muayhahahaha

Edited by Throttle2
  • Praise 6
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
59 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

i have friends whose wrists are puny and small. Nothing wrong with that until they say that a 36mm is small and they like > 42 mm watches.

Ya it's exactly the same as wearing an oversized suit. I think many do not know certain dos-and-don'ts of watch wearing, like in this case, the lug to lug has to be within the span of the wrist. I see many people wearing watches that are too big for them. Many of us (Asians) have smaller wrist and are not suited to wear watches beyond 40mm. 

I think it is good to specially talk about this because don't want to see people wasting money on oversized watches that don't look good on their wrist (these big watches are also difficult to sell later on). Of course it is still their prerogative but I think they should know what they are signing up for prior to pulling the trigger.

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 4

Twincharged
2 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

i am imaginary eyes rolling and face palming .  
what the heck are they thinking.  

its not a car where you sit in, its a watch which you put on your wrist for heavens sake!

already got small wrists like guniang still want to wear watches which are way too big on their wrist.  
For guniang at least can carry off as trendy girlish style, for a grown man, mai lah.

end up looking sibei wannabe……..

muayhahahaha

1 hour ago, Weez911 said:

Ya it's exactly the same as wearing an oversized suit. I think many do not know certain dos-and-don'ts of watch wearing, like in this case, the lug to lug has to be within the span of the wrist. I see many people wearing watches that are too big for them. Many of us (Asians) have smaller wrist and are not suited to wear watches beyond 40mm. 

I think it is good to specially talk about this because don't want to see people wasting money on oversized watches that don't look good on their wrist (these big watches are also difficult to sell later on). Of course it is still their prerogative but I think they should know what they are signing up for prior to pulling the trigger.

Agree with both of you.

I will just add that sometimes the fit is actually better in person than on pictures.

• Praise 2

Twincharged
30 minutes ago, vectra73 said:

@Weez911 I know few ladies that really prefer larger watches, including my wife. 

I don't understand them. Better not waste time changing their view too.

my view on watch size only applies to men.

as @Throttle2 said, "For guniang at least can carry off as trendy girlish style "

8 minutes ago, vectra73 said:

@Weez911 I know few ladies that really prefer larger watches, including my wife. 

As mentioned for ladies, its one of those fashion thingies. 
at one stage wearing the Boyfriend’s shirt was fashionable. Big ill fitting Tshirts were fashionable too.  
there will come a time when small 26mm ladies watches will come back.  its a guniang thing.  

to me 36mm is the best Unisex size, especially for SEA context where people are not big sized in general.  
40mm is the perfect “big” Sports size for the most of us (like what W911 said)   
anything bigger and you’ll start looking silly unless you are 120kg 1.85m big, like a WWF wrestler or something.

The integration of the lugs and the thickness of the watch also makes a difference, not simply case size, so trying it on your wrist is important.

Using just Rolex as a reference, we saw the brand move into supercases with much wider lugs while maintaining the casesize at 40, then we saw some models go into 42-44mm for various reasons.  Sizes were then redesigned downwards to 41 and 43mm with the lugs back to “normal”   All in the name of trying to suit the market needs.  and for the longest time, people anticipated Daytonas to become 42mm, but Rolex has fortunately not move simply according to trend.

To me the most balanced and wearable sizes still come from the 80s to 90s for all the brands, not just Rolex.    

• Praise 3

Supercharged
21 minutes ago, vectra73 said:

i think ladies wearing bigger watches is fine to me ...(actually I find some of them carry it better than men)[laugh]

Like my daughter carries my Tudor GMT....Looks great on her actually as she has a big wrist like mine, and her skin is fair so the colors of the pepsi accentuate perfectly with her skin tone....heck she carries it better than me i would say...

i bet if i get her the Starbucks, it will also look nice on her wrist...…...somehow the colorful bezel of certain watches matches perfectly with certain skin tone for ladies...but for men to wear an oversized watch is a bit …..

that's why looking at watch pictures doesn't always show the true overall view... somehow must be there to put the watch on and will be able to see if it fits on the wrist...[laugh]

i almost bought the wrong watch for my wife last year.....i ordered a Datejust with Oyster, as I saw the pictures the Oyster brings out the sportiness of the watch..when I took my wife there and tried it on, it actually doesn't look good on her slim wrist, as it looks "big" and out of place with the big bulky Oyster bracelet...the moment she put it on, it didn't look good...[laugh]….both of us agree and so did the AD...……...we switch to a Jubilee and wham!!!...the looks really change to elegant, soothing and soft with class ...[laugh]

my feel is really need to put the watch on to see if it fits....and yes, some pple can see clearly, the watch is dominating the wrist rather than blending in and wearing it with class..

just my take....[laugh]

My cousin's wife actually dun buy any watches.....all she does is wear my cousin watches...hahahha, be it big or small, she just put it on and as long as it can buckle up, she heck care...coz everyday can change watch to wear...[laugh]

• Praise 4

40 minutes ago, vectra73 said:

I will tell my wife honestly if the watch is too big for her before buying. I can't take it if my wife is wearing an outsized watch. This size below is nice for her though.

IMG_16062021_094125_(800_x_1080_pixel).thumb.jpg.45ccb422fba0e1edb03df696d6bef60e.jpg

• Praise 7

(edited)

If you wanna look as smart and classy as this, by all mean wear oversized watches, sweatshirts and pout your lips . Yes add that chain and a huge pendant too

🤣😂

E92413A9-963A-4129-851E-E1DC1D8BDAAA.jpeg

Edited by Throttle2
  • Haha! 1

9 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

I will tell my wife honestly if the watch is too big for her before buying. I can't take it if my wife is wearing an outsized watch. This size below is nice for her though.

IMG_16062021_094125_(800_x_1080_pixel).thumb.jpg.45ccb422fba0e1edb03df696d6bef60e.jpg

This is 34mm?

(edited)
20 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

This is 34mm?

This is 33.6mm, 34mm if we round up.

Edited by Weez911

Supercharged
1 minute ago, vectra73 said:

@Spidey10 Bought this DJ 36 for my wife few years ago and she actually thought it's too small which I think it fit her just well.

BTW, that's me wearing it. Haha

DJ 36.jpg

it looks perfect to me...[laugh]….if your wife dun wan, (as it's too small" can pass to me..[laugh])

but i somehow cannot wear diamonds dial...like too bling on my rough wrist..

↡ Advertisement