2017 Volvo XC40

Carbon82

Congrats

Also wowed by the amazing specs and solid built, sport rims and roof for the R design  :wub:

At Car show, the non R car was 180 nett, so after recent coe drop, should be 170-175K

Actually R design cost me abt 185k plus after nego. Down fr the sticker price of 205k.anyway..watever specs is to each person choice..we all happy liao can..
Bmw is a driver car..alot of driving feel n gd rd dynamics but maintenance fr my experience as ex bimmer owner jialat..alot of leaks n cracks n sensor issues..and quite bare bone at base price as compared to a the entry momentum spec which is far better equipped den my current merc..understd JD powers in US rate volvo as 2nd top most reliable brand

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 12

Supersonic

Volvo XC40 wins the 2018 European Car of the year award

https://www.motor1.com/news/235026/volvo-xc40-wins-european-coty/

volvo-xc40.jpg

The 2018 European Car of the Year has been announced, and it’s not a car at all. Sort-of anyway; it’s the new Volvo XC40compact SUV which debuted last September to no small amount of fanfare. That’s because it’s a legitimately good contender among this hotly contested automotive segment. However, it also introduced the world to Care by Volvo – a subscription service that lumps all costs relating to vehicle ownership including insurance and maintenance into a single monthly payment.

“Winning this award with our new XC40 is perfect timing,” said Håkan Samuelsson, president and CEO of Volvo Cars. “Volvo now has three globally available SUVs in its range for the first time. The XC40 will be a strong contributor to further growth, taking us into a new and fast-growing small SUV segment.”

The award reflects the XC40’s accolades as a darn good freshman effort for Volvo in this segment. It’s a point on which we agree – our first drive with the XC40 confirmed that this isn’t just a badged up compact runabout. Small SUVs often come across as smaller, cheaper copies to larger siblings and the result is often a product that feels inherently disappointing. The XC40 is the first vehicle built on the company’s new Compact Modular Architecture, which will also underpin future Volvo cars. As such it draws inspiration from the bigger Volvo SUVs while still carving its own place in both the automaker’s lineup, and in the compact SUV segment.

The public certainly seems to be responding to the XC40’s charm. Volvo says that 20,000 early orders from the U.S. and Europe have been placed, and the crossover will soon be available in China – currently the largest automotive market and a place where small SUVs are extremely popular.

“We have a clear strategy for growth and we are committed to leading in automotive safety, connectivity services and electrification,” said Samuelsson. “The XC40 reflects that commitment, and looking at the response from our customers and from the COTY jury here today, we are on the right track.”

Revisit the Volvo XC40 with our mega gallery of photos below.

Source: Volvo

• Praise 2

Volvo XC40 wins the 2018 European Car of the year award

https://www.motor1.com/news/235026/volvo-xc40-wins-european-coty/

volvo-xc40.jpg

The 2018 European Car of the Year has been announced, and itâs not a car at all. Sort-of anyway; itâs the new Volvo XC40compact SUV which debuted last September to no small amount of fanfare. Thatâs because itâs a legitimately good contender among this hotly contested automotive segment. However, it also introduced the world to Care by Volvo â a subscription service that lumps all costs relating to vehicle ownership including insurance and maintenance into a single monthly payment.

âWinning this award with our new XC40 is perfect timing,â said HÃ¥kan Samuelsson, president and CEO of Volvo Cars. âVolvo now has three globally available SUVs in its range for the first time. The XC40 will be a strong contributor to further growth, taking us into a new and fast-growing small SUV segment.â

The award reflects the XC40âs accolades as a darn good freshman effort for Volvo in this segment. Itâs a point on which we agree â our first drive with the XC40 confirmed that this isnât just a badged up compact runabout. Small SUVs often come across as smaller, cheaper copies to larger siblings and the result is often a product that feels inherently disappointing. The XC40 is the first vehicle built on the companyâs new Compact Modular Architecture, which will also underpin future Volvo cars. As such it draws inspiration from the bigger Volvo SUVs while still carving its own place in both the automakerâs lineup, and in the compact SUV segment.

The public certainly seems to be responding to the XC40âs charm. Volvo says that 20,000 early orders from the U.S. and Europe have been placed, and the crossover will soon be available in China â currently the largest automotive market and a place where small SUVs are extremely popular.

âWe have a clear strategy for growth and we are committed to leading in automotive safety, connectivity services and electrification,â said Samuelsson. âThe XC40 reflects that commitment, and looking at the response from our customers and from the COTY jury here today, we are on the right track.â

Revisit the Volvo XC40 with our mega gallery of photos below.

Source: Volvo

Gd news..quite a number of accolades already
  • Praise 1

We went for Momentum because we didn't really want an SUV with "Sporty" suspension and cannot tahan the fake exhaust. The only thing we like was the black roof and black front grill. But roof can just go wrap when we get bored with our standard color.

Spec-ed ours with the pano sunroof (we pay 1k extra for this), nav (dealer throw in), reverse cam (dealer throw in), 360 cam was bit too ex an optin for us sadly. Still waiting for them to get back to us wrt Pilot assist. Dealer also throw in the other usual things, window tint, volvo floor mat.

Rims i'll prob go find an aftermarket set of 19. Got my eyes on a set of ERST wheels. If SG cannot find or bring in, maybe go Japan carry back. From what i hear, the 20s ride not so good. 19s seem to be the best compromise.

The standard "bare bones" Momentum not bad already.

I decided to add the adaptive cruise control pilot assist which allows xc40 to drive autonomously up to 50km/h on cruise control. Was given voucher n thought that was best use of it to get the pilot assist - a key volvo innovation. Also used voucher to order the rubber boot tray

I decided to add the adaptive cruise control pilot assist which allows xc40 to drive autonomously up to 50km/h on cruise control. Was given voucher n thought that was best use of it to get the pilot assist - a key volvo innovation. Also used voucher to order the rubber boot tray

Wha congrats! Good choices all round.

Pls give feedback when u actually get the car. Nothing like owner’s honest opinions after daily n prolonged usage tks!

• Praise 5

(edited)

which voucher you use? the only voucher we had was the referral bonus which they told us cannot use for vehicle options and can only buy stupid stuff like carpets/keyfobs. 

Edited by Mockngbrd

Btw, pilot assist works from 30km/h up to 130km/h! Enjoy this feature it’s amazing!
  • Praise 2

which voucher you use? the only voucher we had was the referral bonus which they told us cannot use for vehicle options and can only buy stupid stuff like carpets/keyfobs.

Shld be same type unless got different type of voucher? Who is the 'they'? Yr SE?

Btw, pilot assist works from 30km/h up to 130km/h! Enjoy this feature itâs amazing!

Yes tks..since it is a volvo ..felt it should have volvo's most famous option.

Wha congrats! Good choices all round.

Pls give feedback when u actually get the car. Nothing like ownerâs honest opinions after daily n prolonged usage tks!

Tks..yes..best review wld be direct owners using car on daily basis. Never thought i wld be a volvo owner one day but here i am..lol

Yesterday went showroom to enquire bout their ocbc cars (not a great deal). Showroom very crowded, most of them Bo hiu us.

Edited by Mockngbrd

Yesterday went showroom to enquire bout their ocbc cars (not a great deal). Showroom very crowded, most of them Bo hiu us.

Changing purchase to S90 or XC60?