2021 Hyundai Elantra / Avante (CN7)

Carbon82

1 hour ago, kelaihoyin said:

A good competitor to the Civic 1.5T if you ask me. Hope KM bring this in. Anything from 100k - 110k I would think is reasonable.😁

Yea, potential Civic killer.

↡ Advertisement

On 4/29/2020 at 5:00 PM, Ahtea said:

Yea, potential Civic killer.

But if people dont even consider other Jap cars other than T & H, they wouldnt even consider this.

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Brass said:

But if people dont even consider other Jap cars other than T & H, they wouldnt even consider this.

Actually if u had tried the i3p turbo. U may not wan2 get a na engine anymore.

I support avante fit in the 1.4turbo anytime n bring it to our shore. At least an option. Fight civic turbo head on

• Praise 1

On 4/18/2020 at 9:27 PM, Rickster said:

Japanese cars has over the past few decades built up a solid reputation.

Not that Korean cars are inferior in terms of durability or safety. In fact, I find Korean cars generally better in terms of aesthetics and features vs their direct Japanese competitors....But it's the reputation associated with Japanese cars that is hard to beat. 

Perhaps, things will change 10 more years down the road.

I see more improvement in Korean manufacture than Japanese. For me, I'll prefer manufacturer that constantly try to improve both in design and engine and I'm seeing that in Korean car.  I'm also seeing the same improvement in German manufacturer. For me, it will be either German or Korean car. 

On 4/18/2020 at 8:50 AM, Heartbreakid said:

I never like chrome or glossy piece in the interior because when the sunlight hits, these pieces will become glaring and make driving irritating.

Exactly, and can be downright dangerous... that plastic piece on the left of the gauge cluster is a real design boo-boo... I wonder if it is there for some gauge or meter when they launch the N-line version...

On 4/29/2020 at 3:42 PM, kelaihoyin said:

A good competitor to the Civic 1.5T if you ask me. Hope KM bring this in. Anything from 100k - 110k I would think is reasonable.😁

What would the engine be? The same 1.6L turbo? Making 201 hp? That engine only made it to the Tucson but in a detuned form at 175 hp...

By the way, Luc Donckerwolke has left with immediate effect... he's been responsible for the overall designs of the recent, current and future Hyundai & Kia cars... so I don't know if we will still get such fabulous designs from Hyundai & Kia in the future... a pity...

Supercharged
(edited)
47 minutes ago, teomingern said:

What would the engine be? The same 1.6L turbo? Making 201 hp? That engine only made it to the Tucson but in a detuned form at 175 hp...

I didn’t know the 1.6L turbo engine in Tucson is detuned. The 10k VES made me sway to the other side. 

Edited by Daniu82

34 minutes ago, Daniu82 said:

I didn’t know the 1.6L turbo engine in Tucson is detuned. The 10k VES made me sway to the other side. 

Yeah... in the US, the Elantra Sport version is 201 hp...

(edited)

Hope this new Avante come default with Hyundai Smart Sense as it’s proven one of the best proactive safety sensing comparing to Japan and even European cars.

Since Corolla Altis 1.6L NA latest come with Toyota safely sense, if KM bring in the top spec but sell $2000 to $3000 cheaper then sure win. 

Honda Civic it be 1.5T or 1.6L NA in Sg don’t even come with Honda Sensing at all, even Malaysia come by default so our market really cmi when come to default tech features in cars.

KIA K3 1.6L NA selling for quite some time, same old design that was facelift by nothing interesting as locally again lack of active safety features.

Mazda 3 M-Hybrid 1.5L NA still use the old skyactive G engine instead of skyactive X resulting in the new car lack of power as it’s heavy, as for active safety still okok only but interior material is quite good. 

Edited by Fellows

Turbocharged
20 hours ago, Fellows said:

Hope this new Avante come default with Hyundai Smart Sense as it’s proven one of the best proactive safety sensing comparing to Japan and even European cars.

Since Corolla Altis 1.6L NA latest come with Toyota safely sense, if KM bring in the top spec but sell $2000 to $3000 cheaper then sure win. 

Honda Civic it be 1.5T or 1.6L NA in Sg don’t even come with Honda Sensing at all, even Malaysia come by default so our market really cmi when come to default tech features in cars.

KIA K3 1.6L NA selling for quite some time, same old design that was facelift by nothing interesting as locally again lack of active safety features.

Mazda 3 M-Hybrid 1.5L NA still use the old skyactive G engine instead of skyactive X resulting in the new car lack of power as it’s heavy, as for active safety still okok only but interior material is quite good. 

I guess its all about positioning the car correctly in the market, taking into account the competition and still maintaining a sustainable margin for the AD.

If KM brings in Avante with the bells and whistles but comes close to the price of the Corolla, KM may lose market share.

If the Honda Civic comes with Honda Sensing but costs $5k more, how many will bite?

If Mazda 3 has 2000cc Skyactive-X engine, who will buy?

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Toeknee_33 said:

I guess its all about positioning the car correctly in the market, taking into account the competition and still maintaining a sustainable margin for the AD.

If KM brings in Avante with the bells and whistles but comes close to the price of the Corolla, KM may lose market share.

If the Honda Civic comes with Honda Sensing but costs $5k more, how many will bite?

If Mazda 3 has 2000cc Skyactive-X engine, who will buy?

IMO active safety features like Honda Sensing is good to have but not essential. AEB & blindspot warning are 2 that I feel is great addition.But departure warning, lane keep assist etc all these? nah just gimmicks (at least no in SG whereby cross-island driving is less than an hour). I rather have more airbags. 

If active safety features is really a top priority in considering a car I think one shouldn't even be driving on the road.😁

(edited)
On 5/2/2020 at 3:02 PM, kelaihoyin said:

IMO active safety features like Honda Sensing is good to have but not essential. AEB & blindspot warning are 2 that I feel is great addition.But departure warning, lane keep assist etc all these? nah just gimmicks (at least no in SG whereby cross-island driving is less than an hour). I rather have more airbags. 

If active safety features is really a top priority in considering a car I think one shouldn't even be driving on the road.😁

Based on read up. Most new cars in Europe, S.Korea and Japan by default come with active safely features since 2019 already. 

In Europe, cars that with active safety features enjoy more car insurance rebate, idk what LTA have yet to enforce such scheme, they indeed felt so dated. 

Differnet people, different opinion I Guess, to me active safely features + Adaptive / Radar Cruise Control + minimum 6 airbags + Apple CarPlay / Android Auto is a must have before any purchase in 2020. It’s time to have these tech in cars...we are not living in 2007 era. 

Optional will be Full Digital Cockpit and Headup Display and those branded speakers like Bose 

Edited by Fellows

8 hours ago, Fellows said:

Based on read up. Most new cars in Europe, S.Korea and Japan by default come with active safely features since 2019 already. 

In Europe, cars that with active safety features enjoy more car insurance rebate, idk what LTA have yet to enforce such scheme, they indeed felt so dated. 

Differnet people, different opinion I Guess, to me active safely features + Adaptive / Radar Cruise Control + minimum 6 airbags + Apple CarPlay / Android Auto is a must have before any purchase in 2020. It’s time to have these tech in cars...we are not living in 2007 era. 

Optional will be Full Digital Cockpit and Headup Display and those branded speakers like Bose 

Why would they implement rules that will hurt their pockets ley? 

(edited)
9 hours ago, Fellows said:

If you willing to pay,why not?

Maybe can consider Kia stinger? 162K?

Or even top range?200k?

Edited by Sktan10

Supercharged
10 hours ago, Fellows said:

Here in SG, if you want full safety suite then you must be willing to pay. Most of the cars brought in here always remove this remove that don’t have this air bag etc to reduce OMV. Come in then locally install. Even engine need to be detuned to reduce VES tax. So best is to do your own research and comparison before buying. 

(edited)

He comparing last gen to latest gen Base spec. 
He said N line coming likely at end of May.

1.6L Turbo will be one of the engine option for this car in Korea. 

https://youtu.be/U8ysffMpQ4E

F737769A-DCB1-46B6-8DC9-3A5005C3B2BF.jpeg

95521B40-42F9-4C67-B35D-7CED00555F02.jpeg

Side track abit Hyundai to Release Veloster N 8-Speed DCT in April at South Korea.  https://thekoreancarblog.com/2020/02/28/hyundai-to-release-veloster-n-8-dct-in-april/

Edited by Fellows

5 hours ago, Sktan10 said:

If you willing to pay,why not?

Maybe can consider Kia stinger? 162K?

Or even top range?200k?

There can be such features in 80+k cars.

Depending on if you can accept the brand lor.

Btw, my car insurance (in profile pic) isn't out of the world, its $740+ by FWD.

↡ Advertisement