4th Gen - 2020 Toyota Harrier

camrysfe

@Chkoh8

4 hours ago, Chkoh8 said:

I have been driving mine for two months. Now average is 16.5 Km/L. Mainly short trips. Maybe I have heavy right foot. Still better than my previous Toyota harrier Turbo which average 8.6 Km/L over 2.5 years

I am driving a diesel car right now. 1 full tank will last me about 12 to 13 days. Mainly driving to and fro work place, shopping and sending kids to school.

I am just trying to do a comparison and just wondering whether one full tank for harrier is able to match that. 1 tank of petrol can last for ~12 days?

Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

On 3/31/2021 at 7:37 PM, Smurfs said:

Hi Bro, would like to check whether your SE has quoted you any pricing yet?

Nah from my BM SE:

2021 Harrier

*Elegance 2.0 Petrol $158888
Immediate registration discount 1k (Overtrade 8k)

*Premium 2.5 Hybrid $165889
Immediate registration discount 1k (Overtrade 5k)

*Luxury 2.5 Hybrid $174888
(Overtrade 3k) Fully Sold out

Must have trade in car for Overtrade

• Praise 1

@DCS17 😂 so far only brought magnetic sunshade, who knows my wife also brought the same for me... 

now have one set extra. Any bro keen can pm me to deal ... 

btw, for BrÖ already collected your ride, any sound when go over hump ? Mine have knocking sound on driver side when go over hump.. think to go back to check when doing first 1k service . 

Neutral Newbie

@gingerbanana mine sometimes too. Will also be asking during the 1k servicing.

still looking for the 4 piece weather side visor for the door. So far none has it yet

Supercharged
2 hours ago, DCS17 said:

@gingerbanana reckon Fitto already upgrade his speakers.

Infotainment speakers ain’t covered in warranty if am not wrong 

All items that come delivered from AD will be covered. Even 3rd party stuff installed by AD.

But if you subsequently change items outside, of course they will not cover your after-market stuff.

It will also be gray area when you claim for problems that are connected-to or related to items that you did after-market. For example engine problems if you had changed to after-market intake.

Hi All, for those who bought your Harrier from BM, may I know what type of in-car cam did they give you?  Did you get them changed?

Was given an in-house brand in-car cam that records only while driving.  While that is fine, I also like to have certain amount of recording function while parked because with so many posting of hit and run in carpark by kayu drivers; I am not too comfortable with those BM is giving me. 

Too late to change as I have sign the dotted line but also been told that the new Harrier have to many electrical components, thus BM only give their in-house cam so as not to screw up the car electrical.

Appreciate if you can provide some insights and what is the in-car cam you have change or so far any electrical issues after the change.

Thank you.

4 minutes ago, Bluecollar said:

Hi All, for those who bought your Harrier from BM, may I know what type of in-car cam did they give you?  Did you get them changed?

Was given an in-house brand in-car cam that records only while driving.  While that is fine, I also like to have certain amount of recording function while parked because with so many posting of hit and run in carpark by kayu drivers; I am not too comfortable with those BM is giving me. 

Too late to change as I have sign the dotted line but also been told that the new Harrier have to many electrical components, thus BM only give their in-house cam so as not to screw up the car electrical.

Appreciate if you can provide some insights and what is the in-car cam you have change or so far any electrical issues after the change.

Thank you.

Well, you can install car cam outside.

In-car cam + battery.

The battery charged via ciggy port.

I have been using this setup for a number of years.

@inlinesix thanks for the reply and exactly my thoughts because the SA told me they don't provide cam with recording function during parking because there are too many electrical components for the new Harrier.  Am just worried that this may void warranty in any way but I don't think that should be the case.

Neutral Newbie
26 minutes ago, DCS17 said:

@Chkoh8 using carlink kit2 for a week. So far so good. 

Thank you. I ordered one set. Waiting for it to arrive. 

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Bluecollar said:

@inlinesix thanks for the reply and exactly my thoughts because the SA told me they don't provide cam with recording function during parking because there are too many electrical components for the new Harrier.  Am just worried that this may void warranty in any way but I don't think that should be the case.

AD will usually only provide cam which record when car is started.

Otherwise it is a tricky setup which either tap the car batt (may run flat then car cannot be started) or have additional Li-ion battery pack (risk of fire/explosion/also needs to draw power to charge). ADs don't want this type of trouble as they need to provide warranty and support for these equipment they supply.

You can always add on your own outside, but in reality you need to go in eyes wide open because when you do it outside, there may be issues or grey area when you try to claim warranty on car issues esp electrical.