2020 Jeep Gladiator

BabyBlade

Twincharged
(edited)
37 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

I want to see how the driver handle this into Orchard Central, Shaw Tower, and some older HDB MSCP :D

Aiyo such a simple solution. They will drive one of the other cars. 

Edited by Mkl22
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

That 9AT will be totally underutilized if the speed limit is at 70km/h. 

I test drove the Jeep Cherokee some weeks ago... It has the same 270hp 2L Turbo and 9AT as the Wrangler. For the Cherokee,, the GB ECU doesn't allow me to shift beyond 7th gear at 90kmh... and at that speed, rpm was just a cool 1500rpm only. 

So for this Wrangler, haha... prob the GB shift up to 5 or 6th at most... What a waste....

• Praise 2

I think a lot of offroad features will be underutilized like center diff lock and FAD (front axle disconnect). What a waste.

I think the Gladiator comes with rear leaf spring for rear suspension. Very truck like...actually it is a truck. Who am I kidding? 😂

• Praise 2

Internal Moderator
49 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

I think a lot of offroad features will be underutilized like center diff lock and FAD (front axle disconnect). What a waste.

I think the Gladiator comes with rear leaf spring for rear suspension. Very truck like...actually it is a truck. Who am I kidding? 😂

So I was asking Jeep about the Gladiator out of curiosity, you can actually apply for the permit from JPJ to drive the Gladiator into Malaysia. As for exact details I'm not too sure but if that's possible then Malaysia will be one way or rather the only way to test and unleash the capabilities of the Gladiator. Just like how the Jeep community host off road trips up north. Not just buying a car but you're buying a lifestyle. A bad ass truck! 🤣 

Bucket list will be to own a fully modded J plate Hilux in Malaysia when I'm old and retired. 😆

Supersonic
2 hours ago, BabyBlade said:

Off road la. Up pavement, on grass. No kick. Haha.

Such vehicle only suitable for off road and also park off road. If want to find decent carpark, not many carpark this vehicle can go in?! Lol.

Supersonic
2 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

It's SAF training area from LCK to NTU.  Best natural scenery in Singapore. Some photos:

For your River Crossing:

P9100159.jpg.53d74fe880f7a279b917f87165978114.jpg

LCK area can do river crossing? I also forgotten where i went to do my river crossing during army? Lol.

38 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

So I was asking Jeep about the Gladiator out of curiosity, you can actually apply for the permit from JPJ to drive the Gladiator into Malaysia. As for exact details I'm not too sure but if that's possible then Malaysia will be one way or rather the only way to test and unleash the capabilities of the Gladiator. Just like how the Jeep community host off road trips up north. Not just buying a car but you're buying a lifestyle. A bad ass truck! 🤣 

Bucket list will be to own a fully modded J plate Hilux in Malaysia when I'm old and retired. 😆

Yeah. It will be troublesome to apply for an additional permit to go M'sia simply because it's a G plate.

48 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

Apply to Msia very mafan. In addition, needs Malaysia Goods Driving Licence.

Hilux overprice. It is good to bring heavy load.

Cheaper to get Triton. 

Internal Moderator

Even if you don't own a 4X4 or have any intention to buy one, you have to admit they are fascinating to watch in action. These are bloody capable and brilliant machines but crazy people pushing their machines to the edge is intense lol.

↡ Advertisement