Speeding In Singapore [CNA Talking Point]

Zxcvb

TP needs to do more, both enforcement and policy.. not fair to cap car cc, stiffer penalties is the way to go.

Speeding 30km/hr above the speed limit = Lifetime ban from all driving licenses, see who still dare to speed.

Edited by ZMC
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

21 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

I am not looking to make it fast lah. haha. Just more drivability. You cannot expect a donkey to perform like a stallion. This I understand. But the manufacturer always wanna bring the production cost down thus cutting some corner on some parts. I like to fully explore the capability of the car only. hahaha.

So do i. But often, the cut corner of mfg ends up with a piss poor performance. As an example, wrx vs sti.

Sure, can mod. But the cost involve to get it to a equivalent reliabity can be painfully expensive or more expensive than if you bought a out of the box sti.

Sure, stage1 does add 70 to 110 horse. But as u mention, cut corner may means different cylinder head and in some cases, piston and crankshaft. All becomes a recepie for becoming a workshop queen if it blows

• Praise 2

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Sdf4786k said:

So do i. But often, the cut corner of mfg ends up with a piss poor performance. As an example, wrx vs sti.

Sure, can mod. But the cost involve to get it to a equivalent reliabity can be painfully expensive or more expensive than if you bought a out of the box sti.

Sure, stage1 does add 70 to 110 horse. But as u mention, cut corner may means different cylinder head and in some cases, piston and crankshaft. All becomes a recepie for becoming a workshop queen if it blows

true that. Must fight already have potential liao then mod also.

2 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

WRX is the entry model. WRX uses CVT.

WRX STI is the mid level model. WRX STI uses MT

Even WRX STI can mod with Group N parts.

Edited by inlinesix
  • Haha! 1

On 3/23/2021 at 6:55 AM, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Then, stopped importing those 1000 cc and above vehicles lor ........  :we-all-gonna-die:

Import only those 600cc vehicles like Cherry QQ .... :XD:

This one no need to speed , car crumple within 20km/h 😂

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

Ohhh... didn’t know WRX CVT now!! Drove in Melbourne 1999 then was manual stick ! Those days it was one of the fastest car, nowadays so so only how technology advance 😬

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, D3badge said:

Ohhh... didn’t know WRX CVT now!! Drove in Melbourne 1999 then was manual stick ! Those days it was one of the fastest car, nowadays so so only how technology advance 😬

From VA chassis onwards, it is no longer part of impreza.

For WRX STI S208, that EJ20 squeeze out 330hp which is almost equivalent to A35.

It is still a very fast car.  Not just so so only.

It is rare (don't have) to find VA chassis WRX STI (308hp) in Singapore.

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

From VA chassis onwards, it is no longer part of impreza.

For WRX STI S208, that EJ20 squeeze out 330hp which is almost equivalent to A35.

It is still a very fast car.  Not just so so only.

It is rare (don't have) to find VA chassis WRX STI (308hp) in Singapore.

I mean those days in 1999 stock WRX only 220 horses and STI 280 horses 😬 so the same spec in today world is so so only! Many of 4 bangers turbo easily 300 horses ! 

how technology advance 

Edited by D3badge

Hypersonic
On 3/22/2021 at 9:28 PM, kobayashiGT said:

In the past 3 years, speeding has been the number one traffic offence in Singapore. About a month ago, there was a major accident which resulted in the death of the driver and all four passengers in the car. Preliminary investigations revealed that the driver was believed to have been speeding before crashing into a shophouse where the car caught fire. So what are the consequences of extreme speed and when do car modifications cross the line to possibly turn your car into a death trap? Talking Point delves into the psyche of speed demons and finds out what happens to your body when you crash at extreme speeds.

wah...zhun bo?

mod air intake nia can improve 0-100 by 0.5s?

😅

Edited by Enye
  • Haha! 2

Just now, D3badge said:

I mean those days in 1999 stock WRX only 220 horses and STI 280 horses 😬 so they same spec in today world is so so only! Many of bangers turbo easily 300 horses ! 

how technology advance 

In 1999, WRX is using EJ20.

In 2020, WRX still using EJ20.

Over its 25 years, there would be an improvement in emission.  That's why it can't squeeze more hp (my guess).

Not many engines can last so long with so many followers.

RRP for EJ20 Final Edition is JPY4.5m

In used car market, it is sold above JPY7m.

2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

WRX has six speed manual also

• Praise 3

6 minutes ago, SiLangKia said:

WRX has six speed manual also

I think JDM VA chassis WRX only CVT. No 6MT.

Edited by inlinesix
  • Praise 1

2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

I old school sti n wrx with bug eye n cassette tape deck as stock offering when the world had move on to CD n midi.. that was the state of flux for scooby like China 10 years no change era. 

the newer auto box that the wrx came with during my time of interest was 4sp gear box .. auntie at Petrol station would think you have a thing for her .😂 during those days , wrx n sti n Evo comes with Std stick shift n your left leg looks like you injected steroid 
😂

Edited by Sdf4786k

8 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

I old school sti n wrx with bug eye n cassette tape deck as stock offering when the world had move on to CD n midi.. that was the state of flux for scooby like China 10 years no change era. 

the newer auto box that the wrx came with during my time of interest was 4sp gear box .. auntie at Petrol station would think you have a thing for her .😂 during those days , wrx n sti n Evo comes with Std stick shift n your left leg looks like you injected steroid 
😂

can never understand what you're saying, ever hahahahaha

• Haha! 1

34 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

😂

When I bought BMW 520 in 2006, it comes with a cassette tape player.

Thanks to that player, I was able to use IPOD without mod.

• Haha! 1

I thot this was the cause of speeding.

Sai want to come out already?

:grin:

23 hours ago, Windwaver said:

Dr. Teo trauma chief should start showing more explicit pictures to discourage speeding.

gross_accident.jpg

:grin:

↡ Advertisement