Liverpool Football Club 2021/2022 - We go again.

Akula

10 hours ago, Scion said:

you guys talk like all players want to join Liverpool like that 😝

We are responding to reports that linking LFC to every decent player. 

Lol

Main reason is we dont know who will be joining cos Michael Edwards very good at keeping it a secret

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supercharged
13 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Atletico Madrid will sell Saul to Liverpool if they can get his replacement attacking midfielder Luis Alberto from Lazio.

Lazio will only sell Luis Alberto if they can get his replacement attacking midfielder Shakiri from Liverpool.

Liverpool will sell Shakiri to Lazio for 13 m and will get 30% of sales for Luis Alberto when he joins Atletico Madrid.

Lazio wants 40m for Luis Alberto and Pool will get 13 m and combined with 13 m for Shakiri will get 26 m towards Saul who Atletico Madrid want 43 m.

So Pool should get Saul for just 17 m.

:D

interesting theory but if 1 link breaks... then the Saul deal wont happen lol... 

I dun think Saul will leave Atletico Madrid.. he is on a super long term contract and AM just won the league... I dun see why he will be motivated to move to Liverpool.  No English journalist have made any meaningful confirmation that a bid from Pool is imminent. in any case, I think we would be easily priced out of this deal. 

• Praise 2

(edited)

Liverpool training camp in Salzburg 

Yahoo news : Van Dijk and Gomez ‘look really good’ in Liverpool training, says Klopp

Jürgen Klopp has offered an upbeat assessment on his Liverpool centre-backs Virgil van Dijk and Joe Gomez, saying they “look really good” as they build towards comebacks from long-term injuries.

Liverpool, who were decimated by injuries to the backline last season which killed off their title defence, are also hoping to have Trent Alexander-Arnold and Joël Matip back soon as they build up their fitness at a training camp in Salzburg.

Link : https://sg.news.yahoo.com/van-dijk-gomez-look-really-194937485.html

Liverpool 01 2021.jpg

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
  • Praise 3

Supercharged
31 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Suddenly Danny Ing becomes a wanted man .....  :secret-laugh:

ManU, Spurs and Everton all wants him. :slow:

Injuries king when playing for Liverpool ... :wut:

he is really looking good and wanted cos the price tag on him would be attractive... he is down to his last 12 mths, having rejected the latest extension from spurs. 

He is no-doubt a good player and scores lots of goals.. but from his time at pool, his injuries record is poor and he is still unproven in a way to lead the forward line of a top 6 club...  so it depends.. i think spurs or everton may be a better destination for him.  Both clubs may be looking for a new striker if Kane and Richardilson departs as speculated..  

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Fooblack said:

he is really looking good and wanted cos the price tag on him would be attractive... he is down to his last 12 mths, having rejected the latest extension from spurs. 

He is no-doubt a good player and scores lots of goals.. but from his time at pool, his injuries record is poor and he is still unproven in a way to lead the forward line of a top 6 club...  so it depends.. i think spurs or everton may be a better destination for him.  Both clubs may be looking for a new striker if Kane and Richardilson departs as speculated..  

I think you meant contract extension from Saints.

He trained too hard when with Liverpool. 

(edited)
2 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Liverpool training camp in Salzburg 

Yahoo news : Van Dijk and Gomez ‘look really good’ in Liverpool training, says Klopp

Jürgen Klopp has offered an upbeat assessment on his Liverpool centre-backs Virgil van Dijk and Joe Gomez, saying they “look really good” as they build towards comebacks from long-term injuries.

Liverpool, who were decimated by injuries to the backline last season which killed off their title defence, are also hoping to have Trent Alexander-Arnold and Joël Matip back soon as they build up their fitness at a training camp in Salzburg.

Link : https://sg.news.yahoo.com/van-dijk-gomez-look-really-194937485.html

Liverpool 01 2021.jpg

We have VVD, Matip, Gomez, Konate, Phillips, Williams, Davies plus VDB & Koumetio

7 senior CB for 2 CB slots

Next season problem will be midfield. Look at our list of midfielders:

Never gets injured list

Gini - Free transfer

Jones

Grujic - trying to sell

Wilson - trying to sell

Minamino - if you consider him as MF, maybe trying to sell

Gets injured from time to time list:

Hendo - usu injured 1 or 2 months

Milner - old

Thiago - not young

Fabinho - starts to get injured

Injured half the time list

Keita

Ox

Shaqiri

Did i miss out anyone???

Edited by Raymondism
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 4

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Raymondism said:

I think you meant contract extension from Saints.

He trained too hard when with Liverpool. 

yup Saints..  typo... 

He was pretty young when he came to Pool under Brendan rogers i think..  guess when Klopp took over he probably has other ideas on how the forwards are supposed to play.  out and out no.9 are not Klopp's cup of tea in the current set up.  

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Fooblack said:

yup Saints..  typo... 

He was pretty young when he came to Pool under Brendan rogers i think..  guess when Klopp took over he probably has other ideas on how the forwards are supposed to play.  out and out no.9 are not Klopp's cup of tea in the current set up.  

I think Klopp quite like Ings... but Ings was like made of glass... by the time he finally recovers, the front three had become the most devastating trident attack in Europe. It would be foolish to disturb the wonderful balance of the team plus Ings need to play regularly at his age. I wonder how Origi can stay so many years despite given very limited chances

• Praise 1

Supercharged
8 hours ago, Raymondism said:

I think Klopp quite like Ings... but Ings was like made of glass... by the time he finally recovers, the front three had become the most devastating trident attack in Europe. It would be foolish to disturb the wonderful balance of the team plus Ings need to play regularly at his age. I wonder how Origi can stay so many years despite given very limited chances

Pool did well to milk the Ings deal to Saints.  Besides a healthy profit made on the sale (ing's cost to Pool was decided by tribunal previously), they also inserted this sell-on profit clause of about 20%.  so this was shrewd commercial positions.  Ings developed into a more complete striker with regular playing time with Saints so we can see the rationale of his decision to leave then.  

For Origi, he tried to go secure regular playing time by going out of loans. Think it didn't really turn out too well in any case. His last season was really weird... together with Shariqi, both of them faded into the obscurity in the 2nd half of the season. This preseason is particularly important for both of them as Klopp must be thinking hard whether they should be moved on or deserve a status as a squad player..   

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

It is reported that Liverpool have turned down the chance to sign Ozan Kabak from Schalke for just £8.5 million. Kabak spent the second half of last season on loan at Anfield, making 13 appearances. Liverpool has opted not to take up their option to buy him for £18 million this summer after deciding to pursue a £36 million deal for Ibrahima Konate from RB Leipzig instead.

The Athletic understands that Schalke have offered him to Liverpool for just £8.5 million but they have declined on the basis they are already set Defensively. As well as Konate, they have Virgil van Dijk, Joe Gomez and Joel Matip all on the comeback after long-term injuries. Klopp also has Nat Phillips and Ben Davies as well as youngsters Rhys Williams and Billy Koumetio as well.

Another consideration could also be the home grown players quota. 

• Praise 3

1 minute ago, Akula said:

It is reported that Liverpool have turned down the chance to sign Ozan Kabak from Schalke for just £8.5 million. Kabak spent the second half of last season on loan at Anfield, making 13 appearances. Liverpool has opted not to take up their option to buy him for £18 million this summer after deciding to pursue a £36 million deal for Ibrahima Konate from RB Leipzig instead.

The Athletic understands that Schalke have offered him to Liverpool for just £8.5 million but they have declined on the basis they are already set Defensively. As well as Konate, they have Virgil van Dijk, Joe Gomez and Joel Matip all on the comeback after long-term injuries. Klopp also has Nat Phillips and Ben Davies as well as youngsters Rhys Williams and Billy Koumetio as well.

Another consideration could also be the home grown players quota. 

Can we buy him for 8.5M then quickly trade him away for 10M? :D

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Raymondism said:

Can we buy him for 8.5M then quickly trade him away for 10M? :D

not enuff lah.. the magic is to play him for awhile then his value rockets to 20M. then make sense to sell him off haha.  

But Klopp already has too many CBs on his roster... plus Ben Davis is already on the above-mentioned program but yet even to make a 1st appearance... need those domestic cup ties to put him on the window shop.   

• Praise 1

Supercharged
16 hours ago, Raymondism said:

We have VVD, Matip, Gomez, Konate, Phillips, Williams, Davies plus VDB & Koumetio

7 senior CB for 2 CB slots

Next season problem will be midfield. Look at our list of midfielders:

Never gets injured list

Gini - Free transfer

Jones

Grujic - trying to sell

Wilson - trying to sell

Minamino - if you consider him as MF, maybe trying to sell

Gets injured from time to time list:

Hendo - usu injured 1 or 2 months

Milner - old

Thiago - not young

Fabinho - starts to get injured

Injured half the time list

Keita

Ox

Shaqiri

Did i miss out anyone???

my worry too cos if you look at last season, only gini was the ever-green player. the rest of the midfielders all have long spells out.  So he is our only Mr dependable.  

I think if Klopp doesnt add to the midfield line up by the time the window closes, this will be a significant risk.  The only fall back when injuries stack up is to change the formation to only 2 sitting midfielders and play 4 forwards.  This is useful in games where Pool needs to open bus-parkers.. but bad in tight games whereby Pool's defense comes under intense pressure. 

Of all the names being rumoured, I particularly prefer Tielemans... he is young and is technically very gifted. Playing Brendan rogers is also a good thing to accummulate the high press and high energy game play.  

• Praise 2

(edited)
13 hours ago, Fooblack said:

my worry too cos if you look at last season, only gini was the ever-green player. the rest of the midfielders all have long spells out.  So he is our only Mr dependable.  

I think if Klopp doesnt add to the midfield line up by the time the window closes, this will be a significant risk.  The only fall back when injuries stack up is to change the formation to only 2 sitting midfielders and play 4 forwards.  This is useful in games where Pool needs to open bus-parkers.. but bad in tight games whereby Pool's defense comes under intense pressure. 

Of all the names being rumoured, I particularly prefer Tielemans... he is young and is technically very gifted. Playing Brendan rogers is also a good thing to accummulate the high press and high energy game play.  

Maybe we see Fabinho getting injured and Gomez had to cover midfield LOL

Firminho can be redeployed into midfield if required.

I do hope we sign two new midfielders and 1 new forward in addition to Konate. Need not be world beaters. Just good decent team players who can fit in will do. I really dont think it is wise to depend on Ox, Keita, Thiago, Shaqiri, Milner and Hendo. In fact we will be considered lucky if we have at least 3 out of these 6 fit for games thru out the season. 

For now, Renato Sanches and Youri Tielemans seemed more likely? One is relative young & upcoming while the latter is like Wijnaldum (proven in EPL). 

Think it also depends on liquidating those not so wanted players to fund the new purchases. Nowadays very difficult to contra.

Edited by Raymondism
  • Praise 2

13 hours ago, Fooblack said:

not enuff lah.. the magic is to play him for awhile then his value rockets to 20M. then make sense to sell him off haha.  

But Klopp already has too many CBs on his roster... plus Ben Davis is already on the above-mentioned program but yet even to make a 1st appearance... need those domestic cup ties to put him on the window shop.   

Ben Davies is English? Since he cost 2.5M (just slightly more than 10% of Brewster value), it might not worth the effort to try selling. Plus he is like Gomez, can play full back position. Nat Phillips remains  the most likely to be sold. 

↡ Advertisement