Is there any topic you could talk for 30 minutes without preparation?

Albeniz

Many MCFers here are experts in your own fields.  

Just curious.  Is there any topic you could talk for at least 30 minutes without preparation?

Maybe let me start the ball rolling.

I have been trained in the field of semiconductor.

Maybe for me it is semiconductor or Agile/Scrum master?

I am not exactly an experienced scrum master but due to covid, I have attended quite a number of 2-Day courses so much so that I could now turn off the PC and start talking like them for 30 minutes. The content can be quite repetitive and overlapping. 

On a side note, if you are able to talk on your topic for at least 30 minutes, you may want to consider starting an online course or create youtube  material for that topic!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 3

Life!  the trials and tenacity,

I start my speeches with stories and then backstories before coming to the domain.  That, to me, engages my audience best

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

24 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

Just curious.  Is there any topic you could talk for at least 30 minutes without preparation?

I am not exactly an experienced scrum master but due to covid, I have attended quite a number of 2-Day courses so much so that I could now turn off the PC and start talking like them for 30 minutes. The content can be quite repetitive and overlapping. 

On a side note, if you are able to talk on your topic for at least 30 minutes, you may want to consider starting an online course or create youtube  material for that topic!

For me, it has to be anything with Safety. Being in the line for close to a quarter century, and involved in many incident investigations across few countries, I can even walk into a safety training / meeting without any ppt and share for up to 2 hours. 

22 minutes ago, RadX said:

I start my speeches with stories and then backstories before coming to the domain.  That, to me, engages my audience best

I like to share behind the scene story to catch the audience attention. And the rest I will try to use real life example to better relate the topic to their everyday life. 

21 minutes ago, RadX said:

let's not get started with @Jamesc as he can talk 3 days non stop abt his PET topic 🤣

Pal, you have underestimate his capability. I dare to say if you plug in the laptop to the power point while listening to his sharing online, he can continue talking until the battery get bloated. Wanna to try? :D

• Praise 6
  • Haha! 8

Can talk a topic for 30 min doesn't mean people would want to listen to you talk that topic for 30 min leh.

Outside of music, those YT videos with a lot of views tend to be boobs, camels, food, travel, gaming, sports, fashion/make up (for ladies), comedies, celebs, etc, based on my own observations. 

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Nobody wants to hear lesbian stories for 30 mins?

:D

That's why I only post about my MIL because people here cannot get enough of her.

19 minutes ago, RadX said:

let's not get started with @Jamesc as he can talk 3 days non stop abt his PET topic 🤣

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 6

A lot of people have a fear of standing up in front of a group of people and speak publicly.

I used to have that fear now I know the trick.

Just imagine all of them are naked.

That didn't work too good in an all girls school.

I got a bit distracted and kept forgetting what I had to say.

Then the old principal can into the hall, she is an ex student a very long time ago and I lost my appetite for the nice lunch they prepared for me.

• Shocked 2
  • Haha! 5

I dunno. I always have the impression that when it comes to technical stuff ppl who can talk are not good at hands-on stuff while ppl who are good at hands-on stuff dont talk much. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

1 hour ago, Albeniz said:

CECA can talk for hours with no ending.

The birds will also drop off from the tree branch.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 5

38 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

If you can talk about some topic without any preparation and notes or sort of and could talk about 30 minutes or more. There are 2 possible scenario.

1. You are really good at talking to people and anything under the sky you could talk non stop.

2. You are really expert in the subject matter such that do not even need preparation to talk for so long.

Both are very impressive and it's a rare traits as not many people have this kind of talent. Okay number 2 may need more practice, but it's not an easy feat..

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

40 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

work no count la.

If you have worked for 5 plus years and can't talk about your industry for at least 30 mins then really jialat already.

• Haha! 6

16 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Nobody wants to hear lesbian stories for 30 mins?

That's why I only post about my MIL because people here cannot get enough of her.

Didn’t know you took a family vacation to Xinjiang recently? Wanna share more about the trip?

• Shocked 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 5