Jump to content

Camera or mobile phone?


Discoburg
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

She is a betel nut seller.

This is how all the betel nut sellers stand or pose in Taiwan.

:D

They are trying to keep their culture and heritage and tradition alive for the next generation.

No one is bigger on culture and heritage and tradition than me. 

She looked a bit sad and worried though.:mellow:

Is it because of your look?[rolleyes]:D

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

@Arogab It requires registration in Singapore hor.

Hehe, I know, my unit is still in China waiting for them to bring over as project kicks off. Sg also no fun, I heard can only fly up to 60m limit. 

The latest remote with screen which I got is very smart, it will tell you when you cannot fly too

  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Arogab said:

Hehe, I know, my unit is still in China waiting for them to bring over as project kicks off. Sg also no fun, I heard can only fly up to 60m limit. 

The latest remote with screen which I got is very smart, it will tell you when you cannot fly too

I was playing with it for some time.  I tried to circulate it around a hill.  Halfway through, i was lost.

Looks like i cannot be pilot

  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wind30 said:

I used to have Olympus e1, the grandfather of m43 🙂 

the two stop aperture difference in the lens compensate for both dof and iso, assuming the sensor tech is identical. A f1.4 m43 lens really equates to f2.8 ff in almost all aspects. Once you understand that, you will realise what you are trading for. Btw, the Sony 35mm f2.8 is 120g same weight as Olympus 17mm f1.8 and 2.8 has wide aperture than the Olympus effective 3.6, meaning it has less dof for better bokeh and the ff sensor has 2 stops better snr than m43.

I agree that if you want to go like really light, m43 can go to 400g with lens but it is still a camera. 

The only difference I feel is the m43 bodies can go lighter but that is about it. So lets say you have the GM5 which is below 300g? That is only 2xxg lighter than sony A7c. The difference is less if you use DSLR shaped M34 bodies from olympus. 

If the iso is fixed, f1.4 on m43 and f2.8 on ff will have the same DOF, but exposure of light will be different. 

As i have mentioned, the main advantage of m43 is lens weight. Not the body. The example you gave is more or less correct. But that is with fast and wide prime lens. If you are lugging around telephoto lens like anything above 200mm, m43 is definitely much much lighter. I tend to mount a 35 or 50mm on my canon for night shots and telephoto on my m43 for day shooting. If you can shoot all day with FF then that's fine. But i find myself with neck and shoulders pain by mid day. lol. 

Since you have used the good o' e1, you should try the em5 or the heavier em1. both are very good in shooting wildlife. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

I was playing with it for some time.  I tried to circulate it around a hill.  Halfway through, i was lost.

Looks like i cannot be pilot

Basic operations for DJI is damn easy, if you wanna be good at it. Fly without looking at the drone itself. And also upon knowing the landscape. You can switch to map and fly. Newer models now even much more easy. Got anti-collide sensor. 

Mine has only front anti-collide, last round my friend act clever and fly out from hotel balcony. End up I have to land it by coming back side way. Another one you need to learn is flying from a boat and landing. 

  • Praise 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Arogab said:

Basic operations for DJI is damn easy, if you wanna be good at it. Fly without looking at the drone itself. And also upon knowing the landscape. You can switch to map and fly. Newer models now even much more easy. Got anti-collide sensor. 

Mine has only front anti-collide, last round my friend act clever and fly out from hotel balcony. End up I have to land it by coming back side way. Another one you need to learn is flying from a boat and landing. 

When the drone was circulating the hill, I rely on the onboard camera to fly.  Next time, I will try using map.

I always can land sui sui by pressing "back to base" (can't exact rem the function).

I usually fly from flat ground (incl. hill top)

  • Praise 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

When the drone was circulating the hill, I rely on the onboard camera to fly.  Next time, I will try using map.

I always can land sui sui by pressing "back to base" (can't exact rem the function).

I usually fly from flat ground (incl. hill top)

It's the RTH function. I used to fly till got lost then use map or RTH. But need to set your return height in case you kena barrier.

It's ok one, I crashed a few non-DJI till I finally think it is easy  to buy one after trying out the Inspire and Phantom 3 from friends. The more you crash, the easy you fly. Lucky I also not pilot. Donno die how many times liao. Haha

But now I just take and fly from anywhere, even nearby got tress or buildings I just navigate😬

  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Arogab said:

It's the RTH function. I used to fly till got lost then use map or RTH. But need to set your return height in case you kena barrier.

It's ok one, I crashed a few non-DJI till I finally think it is easy  to buy one after trying out the Inspire and Phantom 3 from friends. The more you crash, the easy you fly. Lucky I also not pilot. Donno die how many times liao. Haha

But now I just take and fly from anywhere, even nearby got tress or buildings I just navigate😬

I ever crashed it on top of a tree.  It takes some effort to get it down.

The drone i flew is not mine.  Don't dare anyhow fly la.

  • Haha! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

I ever crashed it on top of a tree.  It takes some effort to get it down.

The drone i flew is not mine.  Don't dare anyhow fly la.

My friends like to borrow from me, I got one small one also for my close friend's kid as we are very close. 

Anyway, my rule is whoever holds the remote got to be responsible. But I always save them from crashes

  • Haha! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/10/2021 at 4:31 PM, Discoburg said:

Does it make more sense to use a mobile phone like an iPhone 12 to take photos during vacation instead of a digital camera now?

IMHO.

If what you want to take can be done on the mobile.

For those likely once per lifetime trip,  I use DSLR and compact camera/mobile.
Indoor usually mobile for decor, food, group and where short distance is required. 
 

 

 


 

  • Haha! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Kklee said:

IMHO.

If what you want to take can be done on the mobile.

For those likely once per lifetime trip,  I use DSLR and compact camera/mobile.
Indoor usually mobile for decor, food, group and where short distance is required. 
 

 

 


 

Haha IMHO what you say is like no say at all.

Everything sure can be taken on a mobile phone nowadays. For your memorable trips you use DSLR, PNS camera and even mobile phone. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Discoburg said:

Haha IMHO what you say is like no say at all.

Everything sure can be taken on a mobile phone nowadays. For your memorable trips you use DSLR, PNS camera and even mobile phone. 

IMHO.
Alamak !  I try to give you the long version.

Like I said, it depends on what you want to take.  I use different devices for different purpose.

Before mobile - I use compact camera which has smaller sensor (DOF)  and big aperture.  
It is good for close up shot of food,  table group shot  ( people and food ) and indoor decor.

When mobile caught up,   I use compact camera and mobile. 

I use DSLR because of situation like quick response, accurate framing and bright conditions.
By the time the DSLR's viewfinder reach my eye level,  can just press the shutter.

My DSLR has dual sdxc.  I had lost pictures before on single sdxc.
I have seen photos lost when the mobile died. 

  • Haha! 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Kklee said:

IMHO.
Alamak !  I try to give you the long version.

Like I said, it depends on what you want to take.  I use different devices for different purpose.

Before mobile - I use compact camera which has smaller sensor (DOF)  and big aperture.  
It is good for close up shot of food,  table group shot  ( people and food ) and indoor decor.

When mobile caught up,   I use compact camera and mobile. 

I use DSLR because of situation like quick response, accurate framing and bright conditions.
By the time the DSLR's viewfinder reach my eye level,  can just press the shutter.

My DSLR has dual sdxc.  I had lost pictures before on single sdxc.
I have seen photos lost when the mobile died. 

To me you are saying you can use mobile phone and also digital camera. No clear answer also. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Discoburg said:

To me you are saying you can use mobile phone and also digital camera. No clear answer also. 

IMHO.
"Like I said, it depends on what you want to take.  I use different devices for different purpose."
You have to understand photography. 

Edited by Kklee
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...