NS55

Carbon82

13 minutes ago, Hubwee said:

SOCE then 30 ….

lucky polar bear🤣

Edited by Gunzy
↡ Advertisement

20 minutes ago, Hubwee said:

@Confusedboi 30 SCE … not lucky enough to be posted to 35 after SOCE lo …

wah youre my senior batch by many years then, SOCE does'nt exist for a long time already since mid 2000's .

When I was NSF in 2006-08, After BMT in tekong  posted to join 30 SCE to make up the numbers ( already had 2 existing mono intake platoons, all the tekong pple posted in top up their numbers.

I remember stupidly turning down chance to join military police in BMT when they can came to interview some of us in Tekong ask us whether want to join their unit after BMT.😭

Men after BMT can get posted to 30/35/36 ( EOD) /39  (Chemical biological squad aka wear MOPP4 squad) and 38 SCE ( armor engineer) after BMT.

Only Spec/occifer go ETI ( engineer training institute at Nee Soon camp) new name for SOCE for their spec or officer training then to units after graduation from their spec/officer  course.

Actually i think about it for support vocations aka wear blue berets, engineers considered xiong, not as bad as infantry/guards and armor as those are frontline units but worse than signals, logistics, transport  and  service medics. Not sure about artillery, think some of their units quite xiong also

Edited by Confusedboi

Supercharged
2 minutes ago, Confusedboi said:

wah youre my senior batch by many years then, SOCE doesnt exist for a long time already since mid 2000's . When I was NSF in 2006-08, After BMT in tekong its straight away posted to either 30/35/36/39 or 38 ( armor) for man level.

Only Spec/occifer go ETI ( engineer training institute at Nee Soon camp) new name for SOCE for their spec or officer training then to units after graduation from their spec/officer  course.

During my time , BMT all done at SOCE for engineers … after that then posts to mainly 30 or lucky ones 35 … 

• Praise 1

52 minutes ago, Confusedboi said:

wah youre my senior batch by many years then, SOCE does'nt exist for a long time already since mid 2000's .

When I was NSF in 2006-08, After BMT in tekong  posted to join 30 SCE to make up the numbers ( already had 2 existing mono intake platoons, all the tekong pple posted in top up their numbers.

I remember stupidly turning down chance to join military police in BMT when they can came to interview some of us in Tekong ask us whether want to join their unit after BMT.😭

Men after BMT can get posted to 30/35/36 ( EOD) /39  (Chemical biological squad aka wear MOPP4 squad) and 38 SCE ( armor engineer) after BMT.

Actually i think about it for support vocations aka wear blue berets, engineers considered xiong, not as bad as infantry/guards and armor as those are frontline units but worse than signals, logistics, transport  and  service medics. Not sure about artillery, think some of their units quite xiong also

I regretted the chance to join the Recce team when they come down for interview.

1 hour ago, Hubwee said:

SOCE then 30 ….

Lucky man 😁 my fellow Polar Bear . 
I think I am the first few to ROD from Jurong camp 😅. On the same day I received my red IC from Chief clerk, I also received my first SAF100. They said not enough medic 😅

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

16 hours ago, Hubwee said:

Me lo .. never been called up for reservist since ROD … but Heng they still got send me letter to tell me that I MR Liao when i reached 40 yrs old …. 

No simi recall manning code or whatsoever at all … until MR 

Good la. No need waste time. 

3 hours ago, Hubwee said:

@Confusedboi 30 SCE … not lucky enough to be posted to 35 after SOCE lo …

So SCE is an unit? And SOCE is like a school which army boi go there for combat engineer course?

2 hours ago, Confusedboi said:

What so good about military police le?

https://www.mindef.gov.sg/web/portal/pioneer/article/feature-article-detail/people/2022-Q3/04aug22_news2?fbclid=IwAR2I1H4SbxXwAmNTVDPENQGCruYUP4bXyaUWv03Oc6QXjwSv3qtrJVPazJ8

AFRICAN-SINGAPOREAN ON HIS WAY TO BECOMING AN OFFICER

04 AUG 2022

image.thumb.png.198218eda5d489e06ca1b118f4c8d073.png

If all goes well, this African-Singaporean is set to be the first in his family to become an officer in the Singapore Armed Forces. Meet Officer Cadet (OCT) Haniel Humphrey Muze, a born and bred Singaporean.

His parents moved from Tanzania to Singapore in 1990. The third of four children, OCT Haniel is the second to go through National Service (NS) – his elder brother 3rd Sergeant (3SG) Hartley Muze is the first African-Singaporean frogman with the Naval Diving Unit (NDU).

1648266410_Screenshot(65)a.png.7d24e6fd3134b6873e4b9eb1311fa5ae.png

2022900966_Screenshot(66)a.png.832599bb7e880e15253339cfd9d7ac4f.png

OCT Haniel enlisted for NS earlier this year after completing his A-levels in Raffles Institution. He excelled during Basic Military Training, and was selected for the gruelling 38-week officer cadet course.

"I hope to become a good officer that soldiers will look up to," said the-19-year-old.

"Training is tough but I am willing to push myself; I have always wanted to lead people and to help them grow and excel – the tough training in OCS allows me to build this capacity for leadership."

For family and country

What motivated him to do his best during NS was his family and country – he wants to be able to protect and care for his loved ones when the time comes.

"Singapore has given my family the opportunity to come from Africa to live and thrive here. We have had so many great opportunities here; it is only right that I give back to society through NS," he said.

577507302_Screenshot(67)a.png.4017d99913139e00d09c4692bc5843f7.png

Teamwork

Recalling his NS journey thus far, OCT Haniel said getting used to the regimentation in BMT was a little challenging. But he and his section mates adopted a "let's do it together" mentality, which helped him adapt to military life.

"I found myself pushing through tough training, just because others did the same. And honestly, knowing that I am going through the challenges with my section mates helped me tremendously."

1059256190_Screenshot(68)a.png.d014b7ada14a3d41681dd3686401e5d3.png

He also looked to his naval diver brother 3SG Hartley for inspiration. He remembers how 3SG Harley had not shown signs of fatigue even after completing Team Building Week (also better known as the infamous Hell Week) in NDU.

"In fact, he seemed like he could go for another round!" OCT Haniel recalled. "His mental strength motivated me to be the best version of myself."

"At the end of the day, we both want to serve our NS well together and contribute, to the best of our abilities," he added.

For now, he is concentrating on honing his combat and leadership skills in Officer Cadet School.

"As someone training to be an officer, I try my best to lead my peers. After all, we are training to become officers and future leaders. I want to start making myself a better leader by taking small steps every day."

• Praise 2

7 minutes ago, 13177 said:

So SCE is an unit? And SOCE is like a school which army boi go there for combat engineer course?

yes SCE is short form for  combat engineer units. SOCE ( School of combat engineers) is old training school I think to attend course later renamed to ETI ( Engineer training institute)

• Praise 2

4 hours ago, Confusedboi said:

2006 NSF, that is the year I MR.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

i think training not as xiong as combat engineers bah unless kena the  rifle drill squad

• Praise 1

Twincharged
1 hour ago, 13177 said:

At least more civilization during NS time. 

On 8/5/2022 at 4:05 PM, Fcw75 said:

Yes, at Esso.

Just tell them you want to pay using NS55 credit and they will print a QR code for you. Then you use the LifeSG app to scan the QR code that’s it.

Can use together with the 23% discount and $3 off $50 e-voucher.

does it also work with SPC ??

21 hours ago, Hubwee said:

Me lo .. never been called up for reservist since ROD … but Heng they still got send me letter to tell me that I MR Liao when i reached 40 yrs old …. 

No simi recall manning code or whatsoever at all … until MR 

You are too expensive to recall.... :D

• Haha! 3

1 minute ago, Vratenza said:

You are too expensive to recall.... :D

No wonder I was called back so soon. 😅

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2