2023 Mercedes-AMG C63 S E Performance

Carbon82

The heart of this new beast is NOT a V8, or even V6, but a 2.0L IL4 unit! These spec should WOW you more than it's outlook. 

• Max Horsepower: 671 hp / 680 ps
  • Max Torque: 1,020 Nm
  • 0 - 100 Km/h: 3.4 sec
  • Top Speed: 280 Km/h (electronically controlled) 

2024-mercedes-amg-c63-s-e-performance-ex

2024-mercedes-amg-c63-s-e-performance-ex

2024-mercedes-amg-c63-s-e-performance-in

The engine is AMG’s M139L 2.0-liter inline four-cylinder as seen on the SL43 roadster and the C63’s little brother, the C43. Like those cars it features an electrically-driven turbocharger, but for the C63 the blower is much bigger. So while the SL43’s gas motor peaks at 376 hp (381 PS), and the C43 tops out at 402 hp (408 PS), the C63 kicks both into the weeds with a 470 hp (476 PS) output. That doesn’t only match the old base model C63’s V8 for muscle despite being half the size, it makes this new version of the M139 the most powerful four-cylinder production engine in the world, and with 545 Nm, it must be the torquiest too.

And that’s before we’ve factored in the electric boost that’s also new for 2024. That boost happens at the rear wheels courtesy of a 150 kW (201 hp /204 PS) electric motor packed into the rear axle together with an electronically-controlled limited slip differential and a two-speed drive unit. It can power the car as an EV at up to 125 km/h and for up to 13 km, if driven gently, which makes it sound like a PHEV from a decade ago, but that’s because AMG has prioritised power over efficiency for this hybrid system.

Drawing from a 6.1 kWh battery the motor delivers its 150 KW maximum for up to 10 seconds at a time, but is always on hand with at least 70 kW (94 hp / 95 PS), and engages its second gear from 140 km/h once it kissed its 13,500 rpm rev limiter.

The result is a fairly spectacular combined gas-electric output of 671 hp (680 PS) and 1,020 Nm, making the C63 not only far more powerful than the old V8-engined C63 S and its 503 hp, or the 503-hp BMW M3 Competition but punchier than super sedans from the class above like the 617-hp BMW M5 Competition. 0 to 100 km/h takes 3.4 seconds (down from 4.0 seconds for the old C63 S) and the 250 km/h top speed can be raised to 280 km/h with a suitable bung to your Mercedes dealer at order time.

The electric motor acts only on the rear axle, and you can configure the gas motor to do the same. But for the first time the model operates by default in all-wheel drive. Power flows to the 4Matic+ four-paw transmission via a conventional nine-speed epicyclic auto, but one fitted with a wet clutch pack instead of a torque converter.

Rear-axle steering also makes its debut on the new C63, and carbon brakes join a list of standard equipment that includes adaptive dampers for the steel-spring suspension and an AMG Dynamics drive mode selector with a new “Master” mode that allows the kind of oversteer antics C63s have become famous for. Drivers also get AMG-specific graphics in the digital instrument cluster and head-up display, plus a button on the steering wheel giving four levels of energy recovery ranging from almost nonexistent to strong enough to allow one-pedal driving.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 13
  • Shocked 3

5 minutes ago, Inlinefour said:

my friend asking

will explode bo 🙈🙉🙊

Either max out the car engine on the last day of coe or last day of warranty cover...😁

• Haha! 1

very impressive number. though i read somehwere, its weight is 2 ton, about 250kg more then previous gen.

not sure how does that affect its dynamic 

C43 (lighter than previous gen) sounds like a better buy for me.......talk like i can afford ha!!

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, mersaylee said:

Either max out the car engine on the last day of coe or last day of warranty cover...😁

small engine big power 

very the fast uplorry

my friend say one 🙊🙉🙈

• Haha! 3

52 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Just like AMG One lo.

AMG One engine requires overhaul every 30k km.

I wonder how long it will go before overhaul

1st gen A45 tons of problem 🙈🙉🙊

• Haha! 1

11 minutes ago, Calinlin said:

Heng this is merc, not bmw.

Otherwise this will be named C63SEXdrive.

Must be beri beri heavy.

C43 already 4matic.  What do you think?

M5 is AWD that can be config to RWD only.

3 hours ago, inlinesix said:

That's why no replacement for displacement.

V12 twin-turbo ftw

Now Car Mfg Worldwide signed a Reduce Carbon Footprint contract..they will get fine if their Products go above a certain Limit.

At this output, the 4 cylinder is more or less maxed out and highly stress, whereas a S58 inline 6 on the G80 M3 is underrated , actual power more than 550, and with a dp and stage 2 tune it easily surpasses the 700hp mark, so no prizes for guessing which I'd go for HAHAHAHAHA

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 3