Best water repellent

Lala81

2 hours ago, Heartlander said:

Glaco products are good if you looking for cheap and good. But durability is not professional grade. I bought the fat round type before and very easy to apply. Those 0 km/hr type should be able.

https://shopee.sg/search?keyword=glaco

I just received and applied the Glaco product.

And heavy rain yesterday. Zhun zhun!!

Verdict: water dispersion is poor and wiper started juddering. Diu...

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 9

34 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Never apply any wax product on the windscreen. The wipers don't work well with wax.

1 hour ago, Hamburger said:

This is difficult to reply haha. 

I have been using the Glaco fat bottle across 4 to 5 cars for almost a year before I switched to the Nasiol solution for durability, and all turned out well. There are quite a few possible reasons it is not working well on your car. Did you clean the windscreen properly, got previous coating and removed properly, did you apply properly, got giveenough curing time before the show time, brand of car etc etc. I learnt that even the brand is a factor as eg Nasiol work very well on quite a few cars but give juddering on my latest Superb despite me using the same procedure. Seems like VAG cars more gniao when coming to windscreen coating. My approach us just try more and get the one that you think work best lah. To me all such solutions from reputable brands should work one, just the apply method and durability and price. 

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Fitvip said:

Never apply any wax product on the windscreen. The wipers don't work well with wax.

I used to used the towel for buffing off the wax to wipe all the windscreens before using a fresh towel to remove any residuel. really wor also but durability is like thos glaco products, good for a few weeks only. But can do if lack of windscren coating solution as easy to do and free some more. Nvr be afraid to try out as it will not cause any long term damage lah.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Heartlander said:

I used to used the towel for buffing off the wax to wipe all the windscreens before using a fresh towel to remove any residuel. really wor also but durability is like thos glaco products, good for a few weeks only. But can do if lack of windscren coating solution as easy to do and free some more. Nvr be afraid to try out as it will not cause any long term damage lah.

Good exercise some more! 😁

3 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Install wiper on shower screen ? 

Haha unfortunately supposed to do manual squeegee yourself after shower. 

I'm now trying to get some 0000 grade steel wool to clean off water stains first. 

No maid. Pai miah lol. 

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

Haha unfortunately supposed to do manual squeegee yourself after shower. 

I'm now trying to get some 0000 grade steel wool to clean off water stains first. 

No maid. Pai miah lol. 

some detergent and sponge shoud do the work, shouldnt need steel wool  in case it scratches your glass, though i know glass is harder than steel. worse case use some stain removal should work, just remember to put on a glove when scrubbing the glass. 

but please hire a hourly helper to do the job, this type of work can be outsourced, help the economy and  generate some job employment opportunity at the same time. Your hourly rate will be too expensive anyway.😅

Edited by Ct3833
  • Haha! 1

13 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

some detergent and sponge shoud do the work, shouldnt need steel wool  in case it scratches your glass, though i know glass is harder than steel. worse case use some stain removal should work, just remember to put on a glove when scrubbing the glass. 

but please hire a hourly helper to do the job, this type of work can be outsourced, help the economy and  generate some job employment opportunity at the same time. Your hourly rate will be too expensive anyway.😅

Need special grade steel wool. Not found in sg. Have to buy from taobao. 

• Praise 1

@Lala81, are you referring to such shower glass screen stains?

Screenshot_20221022-202611_Photos.thumb.jpg.019e4d4bf09ffc7cbea719c9b2c6e6c3.jpg

If yes, 我是过来人, most of the car windscreen water repellent doesn't work here, even those ceramic coatings for cars doesn't work, tried before. Regular cleaning is the best option ( sometimes I do it and then shower, 2 in 1 operation). The other option is live with it and clean once a week if no maid to do it. 

Quite simple to manage with just this cheap steel sponge from SS,

Screenshot_20221022-202500_Photos.thumb.jpg.847301971b51c00b4dc6e30d183559ea.jpg

together with either Mr muscle bathroom cleaner

Screenshot_20221022-202549_Photos.thumb.jpg.f8dd1d2e4395e4c2cb2c7db59fafd963.jpg

or magiclean glass cleaner. 

Screenshot_20221022-202529_Photos.thumb.jpg.8204d15b40ad1812067d0cb4ba57e2ab.jpg

But protect your hands if cleaning often, these liquid are quite unfriendly to the hands. 

Personally I prefer magiclean. 

I will show one before and after cleaning for you tomorrow. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2