Heart getting softer as I age.

Tianmo

Hypersonic
(edited)

So it started 2 weeks ago. I was at one SS outlet killing time while my daughter had her dental appointment.  

There was this mother and daughter pair in the store. The younger one is like maybe 3 years old to me, or maybe 4.  As the mother made her way to the cashier, the little girl walked towards the cut fruits shelves, and shouted out to her mum, "mummy mummy dragon fruit!" .  She struggled and managed to take out a tray of red dragon fruit and happily went over to her mum, who was queuing to pay.  

What amazed me was that she knew the red dragon fruit (many kids don't even know what a white one taste like), and wanted to buy it. I stood there observing her quietly, and smiling to myself just looking at her. 

There was some soft communication between the pair, and she walked back to the shelves. As she walked past me, I heard her mumbling to herself "always tell me next time" and put the tray of cut dragon fruit back, with a sad look on her little face, walked back to her mum and kept quiet. 

If I were younger, I would probably laugh it off and continue with what i was doing, but something hit me. I walked up to the shelves, took the tray of dragon fruit,  paid and went after them. I caught up with them and gave the bag to the little girl, getting a surprise look from both of them.  She took it, the mum smiled at me when I said " this is for her, the red dragon fruit. Smart girl, I like her."  

Had a great day the rest of the day. ^_^

2 days later, i was on my way to Tuas factory with someone in the car in the morning rush hours. Traffic was heavy ( usual thing I guess), and there was this trailer carrying a fabrication block on it with metal rods pointing an all round defense on my left, and it was driving very near me. I sensed danger and tried to move away from it to my right, and all of a sudden, a motorbike went passed in between us, with a loud bang. 

If I were younger, I would have KNN that bike and said he deserved to be hit. However, that morning, the first thing that came to me was, is the rider alright? Was he injured by the metal rods? My vehicle commander turned and said he saw the metal rod hit the side box of the bike, so the rider should be ok, maybe box broke.  And i went okok, 阿弥陀佛. 

The rest of the day was peaceful. 

So yah, maybe as i aged, my heart gets softer. How many of you feel the same? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Edited by Tianmo
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 45
  • Haha! 2

Supercharged

Good on you! Way better than getting hardened by plaque in heart arteries. Last weekend I helped an old man by pushing his wheelchair up the ramp and all the way to the hawker centre. Felt good.

• Praise 15

Hypersonic

One day you see my son shouting "Or Kim! Or Kim!" or "Or Chi! Or Chi !" to me, you know what to do... hehehehe

• Haha! 16

Hypersonic
On 7/4/2023 at 11:40 AM, Kklim said:

Good on you! Way better than getting hardened by plaque in heart arteries. Last weekend I helped an old man by pushing his wheelchair up the ramp and all the way to the hawker centre. Felt good.

Yah man, offering help always feel good, better than receiving help I guess. [thumbsup]

you be blessed! [thumbsup]^_^[laugh]

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
On 7/4/2023 at 11:40 AM, Ender said:

One day you see my son shouting "Or Kim! Or Kim!" or "Or Chi! Or Chi !" to me, you know what to do... hehehehe

Yah, sure, I will faster find a seat for you and me, and together sit there quietly waiting for ah lian to come.  Of course i will say thank you to your son. ^_^[:p][laugh]

• Haha! 4

Hypersonic
On 7/4/2023 at 11:49 AM, Tianmo said:

Yah, sure, I will faster find a seat for you and me, and together sit there quietly waiting for ah lian to come.  Of course i will say thank you to your son. ^_^[:p][laugh]

ONe day when I am have no more care giving duty, should have a ah lian MU...

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic

That day I cross the traffic junction while the red man is still on. I was quick enough to avoid a car. A student in uniform followed to cross it illegally.  I gave a student a lesson of road safety..   Oh wait? sometime not right with the optics.

• Haha! 3

Supersonic
On 7/4/2023 at 11:32 AM, Tianmo said:

So yah, maybe as i aged, my heart gets softer. How many of you feel the same? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

For me, my heart goes softer for stray cats and other abandoned cats/dogs.

Humans I will treat them as they deserve.

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 5

Hypersonic
On 7/4/2023 at 11:56 AM, Ender said:

ONe day when I am have no more care giving duty, should have a ah lian MU...

I can come to you you know. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Turbocharged

Great @Tianmo, as we age, many things does not matter much anymore and we just want to have a peace of mind. 

Wife always scold me for buy dinner and drinks with the 3 ang moh kias which we met in pub. But I was just amazed they had graduated and University of Sheffield and ran away to avoid paying their fees right away. They want to enjoy and see the world before going back. Wife will always see them as free loaders but they are just working to also pay their expenses. 

I tested one of them who loaned once from me, he does return it. So I think it's ok. Now left with 2 of them as one returned to work and pay his fees. But I will still get them out for weekend dinner and drinking. Reasons, when I was young, people helped me. Today, I just share it with whoever that shows respect.

Wife don't see this, yet many months ago came along an old man who talks to me and start buying dinner and drinks. End up as we know him more, he is obscenely rich with a good family and does not bother much. Always tells me, being happy is the way. 

So let us just be happy, helping and giving is a way towards happiness instead of KNN. Haha

• Praise 13

Good of you.👍

Kinda unusual young children will like the bland dragon fruit. Unless eaten together with yogurt or with other sweeter fruits. 

I give way to many road users on the road, not all are appreciative. 

• Praise 7

Hypersonic
On 7/4/2023 at 12:07 PM, Arogab said:

Great @Tianmo, as we age, many things does not matter much anymore and we just want to have a peace of mind. 

Wife always scold me for buy dinner and drinks with the 3 ang moh kias which we met in pub. But I was just amazed they had graduated and University of Sheffield and ran away to avoid paying their fees right away. They want to enjoy and see the world before going back. Wife will always see them as free loaders but they are just working to also pay their expenses. 

I tested one of them who loaned once from me, he does return it. So I think it's ok. Now left with 2 of them as one returned to work and pay his fees. But I will still get them out for weekend dinner and drinking. Reasons, when I was young, people helped me. Today, I just share it with whoever that shows respect.

Wife don't see this, yet many months ago came along an old man who talks to me and start buying dinner and drinks. End up as we know him more, he is obscenely rich with a good family and does not bother much. Always tells me, being happy is the way. 

So let us just be happy, helping and giving is a way towards happiness instead of KNN. Haha

yah, suddenly many things does not matter anymore. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 2

Hypersonic
On 7/4/2023 at 12:09 PM, Watwheels said:

Good of you.👍

Kinda unusual young children will like the bland dragon fruit. Unless eaten together with yogurt or with other sweeter fruits. 

I give way to many road users on the road, not all are appreciative. 

yah, Thats what caught my attention in the first place, how she even know that is dragon fruit, and even more amazing was the red ones she knew. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
On 7/4/2023 at 12:16 PM, Jman888 said:

last time you are still a demon (tianmo), not a good sign if you turn soft [laugh]

魔也会老!!![:p][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 5

Turbocharged
On 7/4/2023 at 11:31 AM, Tianmo said:

yah, suddenly many things does not matter anymore. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

We have played basketball together in the past 40 years. Those guys who have known me, guided me are more successful and they are now into late 60s and 70s. They also stop or slow down on the play. We are people from all walks of life.

We play but never get one another injured by taking care. just to sweat it out. We are always together when I am back, we sure got dinner and gathering. Sure, we value relationship more than anything else. Giving is blessing 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1