Proton owner,be proud

Duadua2

Neutral Newbie

Proton has sponsored Norwich City FC and spot their logo on the front jersey. To those owner of Proton cars here, go n grab NCFC jersey and be proud of them [thumbsup]

post-67-1089738009_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

they will become one....if they keep on winning....i remember they are one of the contenders in the 90s for the EPL

Supercharged

Didn't they just promoted to Premiership?

Meaning we will be seeing Norwich and proton very soon in the new season of EPL

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

count on them to give a hard fight in the EPL.those betting can try their luck n who knows might be a good payout [bounce1]

Edited by Duadua2

Neutral Newbie
aiya, give the underdog a chance mah.... kekekekee[laugh][laugh]

I agree... should give Norwich City FC a chance.

But not Proton. They're never underdogs, what with 2 decades of parasitic Malaysian government protection to exploit the Malaysian public while fattening the bank accounts of recalcitrant politicians. i remember that just before the first Proton Saga was launched in 1984, the Nissan Sunny 130Y used to cost only RM21K. Now, just look at the mess Proton has created for Malaysian car buyers.

Screw Proton. Proton boleh pergi mampus!

Neutral Newbie
(edited)
[thumbsup]

better than nothing.

BTW, never see Gen2 in Spore leh.

Saw the ad last time. Wonder what happened. [confused]

Proton has "production problems" with the Gen.2, according to official statements. That's why you don't see that many of them even on Malaysian roads, despite claims that they received loads of advanced orders for the car.

Anyway, from road test reports by Malaysian reviewers, it appears that the Gen.2 suffers from very poor quality materials in the interior. For instance, the steering feels very plasticky, which is unacceptable. And the lack of basic necessities such as a glove box sure doesn't win it many brownie points. As for the car's performance, it feels extremely sluggish in moving off, despite the car's light and flimsy build and the manufacturer's claims of high horsepower generated by the new Campro engine. This is because the engine totally lacks low-end torque, and will only start to pick up some from 4,000 RPM onwards, which doesn't really suit city driving.

You can pick up the latest copy of Autocar ASEAN edition for a Malaysian review of the Gen.2.

Overall, I'd say the Gen.2's a reasonable effort for Proton (which is of course a relative thing), and is certainly better than the totally unreliable Proton Waja.

Edited by Silverarrow

Neutral Newbie
Ermz... Norwich City isn't an household name lehz...

Not a household name ?? shocked.gifshocked.gif

Maybe not now lah ... but they used to be a force to be reckoned with in the 80s thumbsup.gif

There are a household name in my memory though tongue.gif

ps : When did you start watching EPL anyway sly.gif

Neutral Newbie
(edited)
pal.. u know MY car history well...

Erm... that's because I'm from that sh!thole, grew up there, and lived through that still-young history. Nowadays, my hatred for Proton has subsided since I became a Malaysian "quitter" not too long ago.

But I really hope parasitic Proton will be history soon.

Edited by Silverarrow

Neutral Newbie

Screw Proton. Proton boleh pergi mampus!

Dun say lidat lah ... we got some Proton owners who might be offended with that kinda statement unimpressed.gif