Blackbird749 Neutral Newbie April 4, 2008 Share April 4, 2008 Any break down for all the charges??? ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sstar Neutral Newbie April 4, 2008 Share April 4, 2008 I just sent my car in to Riverview for its 90,000km major servicing today and I find that they are real Professional and fast. Yah, the boss, Vincent is a nice guy. Gave me discount when he realized that it was my 1st time there!!! Maybe he gives discounts to everyone??? The supervisor Mr Goh is knowledgeable and he took the trouble to call me and explained to me a small defect he found that needed some work and got my permission to go ahead with it. Price was reasonable I feel. ATF + ATF Filter + EO + EOF + Aluminium Air Filter + Brake Fluid Flush and top up + Coolant flush & top up + Denso Iridium spark plugs + Tyre rotation + some thing to do with the brakes (skimming???) + some other stuff...Total was $644. I used all their parts. Too lazy and no time to go get any myself. Give them a try even you go back to agent for service, it won't cost $600+! need to think twice before go to RV! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mahjong74 Supercharged April 4, 2008 Share April 4, 2008 Any bro here know where to do 30k servicing for 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer(flush & top up Atf,change oil, change coolant) etc and can bring own parts?? You can try Avioncar motor service Blk 10 Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 2A #05-34 AMK Autopoint Tel: 64841911 97660880 Ah Boon He is specialise in Mitsubishi and Toyota. Book one week in advance. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rb1623m Clutched April 5, 2008 Share April 5, 2008 (edited) Well, I think this is a sweeping statement. You probably want to find out the breakdown of the charges before making such a comment which is not fair to them. I have been using RV's service for many years and have full confidence in their technical capabilities and happy with the service provided. Granted they are not the cheapest in the market. But I find them reasonable and genuine, unlike some others who simply ask the customers to change this and that. Afterall price to me is not everything. I prefer to find a workshop that I am comfortable with in handling my precious ride. Cheers. Edited April 5, 2008 by Rb1623m Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Fcw75 Hypersonic April 5, 2008 Share April 5, 2008 Maybe you wanna breakdown the cost so guys here can have a better idea of what is done? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sabian Turbocharged April 6, 2008 Share April 6, 2008 I have been to RV since I got my ride in 2005....been servicing with them since 5k. For my 40k (3 yr warranty up), may want to go back to Borneo to claim something, called RV to ask if can help to do inspection (willing to pay them to do it)... first tell me wkshop now very crowded, maybe no time i persisted and explain the 3 yr warranty gg to be up, then i kenna informed of the "inspection fee", i agree to the fee, and then RV tell me why not do 40k svc with them, i explained again the warranty (explaining that I have been with them since 10k and will do 50k and subsequent svc with RV) the last comment pissed me off , "u just come lah, cannot guarantee can attend to you." This is a very different attitude when they did not have such a crowd. Besides, toyotas are a dime a dozen, is RV the only workshop that know Toyotas? The committee in toyota car forum mainly go to Autosaver so what gives? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rb1623m Clutched April 6, 2008 Share April 6, 2008 As you said, you have been with RV since 5K till 30K. I suppose there is something in them that made you keep going back to them. You already knew that they normally have a big crowd, especially during weekends. If you really wanted them to do the inspection for you, you surely have to join the queue right? Having serviced with RV for many years, I know they would always attend to customers to the extent of staying back late provided customers do not mind waiting. You seemed unhappy when you were informed of the inspection fee. Do you expect them to serve you FOC when they are running a business? Of course RV is not the only workshop that can service Toyota. Any workshop can do it, afterall it is just servicing. You should know that RV is competent of providing more than normal servicing. Try going to the other workshops for trouble shooting if you will. Committee members in TCS go to Autosaver because they are comfortable with them. I also know of some TCS committee members going to RV. It's all about personal preference. At the end of the day, if you are not happy or comfortable with one, just move on to the one that can meet your expectation. Cheers. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Fcw75 Hypersonic April 6, 2008 Share April 6, 2008 I have been going to RV since 2 years ago. I oso have a bad experience at AS but since it's been quite a while, prefer to juz let it go. Who did you talk to on the phone? Did you talk to Vincent about your issue? I am sure he can sort it out for you. But sometimes they are really too busy so they really cannot guarantee they can attend to you? You wanted to go on Sat? I'm sure Weekday is a better time for them to attend to you, that's when I normally go anyway. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Fcw75 Hypersonic April 6, 2008 Share April 6, 2008 Sabian bro did mentioned that he is willing to pay for the inspection. But you are rite, end of the day, go to the workshop that you are comfortable with. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rb1623m Clutched April 6, 2008 Share April 6, 2008 I know bro Sabian is willing to pay for the inspection. But this is what he wrote: i persisted and explain the 3 yr warranty gg to be up, then i kenna informed of the "inspection fee", which gave me the impression that he is not happy with the inspection fee (in open and close inverted commas). Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Spikedoll Clutched April 6, 2008 Share April 6, 2008 gimme a break lah...$644??? farking carrot. They seem more keen to do cross-selling than just plain servicing like in the past... I rather go Autosaver anytime. yea...autosaver staff are friendly and use geninue parts..follow by manual...specialised in nissan and toyota cars. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Garlic 1st Gear April 6, 2008 Share April 6, 2008 (edited) My experience at Autosaver Defu is wonderful so far. Did compare RV and AS when I did 40K servicing in 2006, quote from RV was higher than Tan Chong's. Edited April 6, 2008 by Garlic Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Spikedoll Clutched April 6, 2008 Share April 6, 2008 I been to their Defu and Kaki Bukit branches.Both not bad heard west area also opening soon. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Garlic 1st Gear April 6, 2008 Share April 6, 2008 Have not been to their Kaki Bukit branch, like the workmanship of "Ah Ping" from Defu; two thumbs up. They are a bunch of friendly and easy going people. Brought my own spark plugs and brake pads during the last service and they installed it without additional charges. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sabian Turbocharged April 6, 2008 Share April 6, 2008 I already say I prepared to pay for the damn inspection... What I am unhappy is the obstacle after obstacle being placed in my way. Very different from the time I call to say I coming for 20k svc. I happy to pay the inspection. My concern is the infamous rubber boots (something abt CV joint) problem. Toyota forum got this problem highlighted. Read the whole incident in totality: It is not my first time going to RV. When Borneo dun wanna change, my oil filter at 5k, I also go back to RV. 2 of my good pals (whom I referred) are still gg to RV. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sabian Turbocharged April 6, 2008 Share April 6, 2008 The frustrating part is I called Mong himself. I don't want to beg or plead lor. If not willing, then come upfront say peanut business, stay away. Dun pull out one rabbit after another. He did not even offer a weekday or come early on Sat solution. After he realized I am definitely gg back to Borneo for 40k, the tone like not keen to entertain liao. When I kenna hinted until like that, I still wanna show up at the workshop, beg to have my car inspected and pay $50 for the inspection? But maybe I sway or troublesome small time customer... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Calvin1 Neutral Newbie April 6, 2008 Share April 6, 2008 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Fcw75 Hypersonic April 6, 2008 Share April 6, 2008 Sorry to hear abt your experience. So now you go to AS for servicing? Anyway, when I was there for servicing 1 time, a lady turned up in her Vios requesting for 10K servicing but Vincent actually turned her away and ask her go back to BM since there's free servicing. ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In NowRelated Discussions
Related Discussions
Bringing you premium engine oils, interesting car parts, and in-depth car repair services - Auto 101
Bringing you premium engine oils, interesting car parts, and in-depth car repair services - Auto 101
What's your servicing interval for oil change?
What's your servicing interval for oil change?
Good Workshop To Repair Clutch and Gearbox for Auto Trans
Good Workshop To Repair Clutch and Gearbox for Auto Trans
Anyone tried GSC for car servicing?
Anyone tried GSC for car servicing?
Harddisk Diagnostic Test Software - Any good & free ones to recommend?
Harddisk Diagnostic Test Software - Any good & free ones to recommend?
Good ENT specialist to recommend ?
Good ENT specialist to recommend ?
Recommend a book to a fellow reader
Recommend a book to a fellow reader
Any good private driving instructor to recommend?
Any good private driving instructor to recommend?