Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'saic'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Cars
    • General Car Discussion
    • Tips and Resources
  • Aftermarket
    • Accessories
    • Performance and Tuning
    • Cosmetics
    • Maintenance & Repairs
    • Detailing
    • Tyres and Rims
    • In-Car-Entertainment
  • Car Brands
    • Japanese Talk
    • Conti Talk
    • Korean Talk
    • American Talk
    • Malaysian Talk
    • China Talk
  • General
    • Motorsports
    • Meetups
    • Complaints
  • Sponsors
    • Products & Services
  • Non-Car Related
    • Lite & EZ
    • Makan Corner
    • Travel & Road Trips
    • Football Channel
    • Hobbies
    • Healthcare & Wellness
    • Property Buzz
    • Investment & Financial Matters
  • MCF Forum Related
    • Official Announcements
    • Feedback & Suggestions
    • FAQ & Help
    • Testing

Blogs

  • MyAutoBlog

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


Found 4 results

  1. SYF77

    SAIC sets up production in Thailand

    Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation (SAIC) has signed a deal with Thailand's Charoen Pokphand Group to set up an assembly plant in the land of thousand smiles. The investment will cost SAIC 1.8 million yuan in the initial stage. SAIC will hold 51% stake in the joint venture while Charoen Pokphand Group will hold the rest of the 49%. Production will begin in 2014 with a minimum capacity of 50,000 units per year. With the investment, SAIC hopes to expand its business into the Association of Southeast Asian Nations. The first model to be produced in Thailand will be the MG 6, which is also being manufactured in the UK besides China. From a cost point of view, it is more economical to set up plants in foreign countries than to export, probably due to savings in shipping expenses. The MG 6 is based on the Roewe 550 sedan, which is in turn based on the Rover 75, a model dating back in 1999. The 4.6m long MG 6 is powered by a turbocharged 1.8-litre k-series engine producing 160bhp. All models are equipped with a 5-speed manual transmission.
  2. [extract] SAIC-owned MG returned to the UK market in 2011 with the MG6 compact sedan. In saloon and five-door body styles, sales of the MG6 in the UK was found wanting with only 15 units sold in October 2011. This should not come as a surprise as the MG6 is based on SAIC
  3. [extract] Roewe has unveiled their latest flagship sedan, the Roewe 950. Roewe is a luxury automotive marque owned by the Chinese automaker SAIC Motor. The car is based on the Buick LaCrosse, which uses GM
  4. FaezClutchless

    Is Lotus Cars Ltd for sale?

    [extract] When Proton acquired Lotus in 1996, many felt that it is hard to see something or anything with regards to the collaboration between the two companies. Lotus has always been an automaker which specialises in sports and racing cars while Proton builds economical sedans and hatchbacks. Perhaps it was an ideal business moment for Proton to acquire Lotus at that time and over the years; we could see that Proton has used Lotus
×