Proton Won SWRC Rally Sweden!!!

Escksu

This is no joke. A no name car manufacturer called Proton competed with all the big guns in rally (eg. Ford, Citoren etc....) and won by a margin of 3mins....Whats even more surprising is that Proton came in 12th overall ahead in the event of even some of the far more powerful WRC cars.

This is the first time Proton won in a SWRC competition.

http://www.wrc.com/swrc/news/andersson-cla...home/?fid=16107

I saw Alistair McRae. The surname is just legendary.

↡ Advertisement

Don't talk big and act you know. I did not say me. Car manufacturers can make fast cars. Some work shop can also make your car fast provided you have money. That is why we have people modifying their cars for street racing and also track. :wacko:

If you want to talk, just go create your own thread and stop disturbing mine.

I won't give a damm what you said in your thread.

llRC he's one of MY best drivers

I think its the satria gti hes driving, one of my favourite during the hey day always looking out for them in the nshw.

Only sat in a perdana among all the my made and the taxi saga. Bro you driving the gti?

i still prefer the old 1.8 satria gti.... power car!!

Hoho.... I like the old Gti too but its essentially a Mit Mirage. At least the Neo is a new car designed by Proton.

Hoho.... I like the old Gti too but its essentially a Mit Mirage. At least the Neo is a new car designed by Proton.

Thought there's one other Proton that mirrors the Mit Colt (the 3-dr hatch). Or is that the Satria GTi?

Thought there's one other Proton that mirrors the Mit Colt (the 3-dr hatch). Or is that the Satria GTi?

i dont think the satria gti ever made it into our shores...maybe its the mits-proton agreement..

but i actually like the car! [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

I think its the satria gti hes driving, one of my favourite during the hey day always looking out for them in the nshw.

Only sat in a perdana among all the my made and the taxi saga. Bro you driving the gti?

l was hoping my fren sold me his 1st gen GTi, Sg plate, but he neber [:(]

the 1st time i saw a satria was in the late 90s or early 00 and a W plated one...i tot it was a souped up colt until i saw the emblem....

asked around and pple say it was MY made and was never sold in sg...my bad for not doing a thorough check! [smash] [smash]

Edited by Eviilusion

Proton does make good car, especially their handling, if they could improve their interior. Parts and Mods is not difficult as their engines are very flexible.

I personally rate them above the koreans in performance car production. 1st gen GTi is a solid car during the evo 7/8 era where alot of protons wears the replica evo bumpers with the big round fog lights, and rules are not so strict, every saturday night we (civics and mivec lancers) will hang out in jb ah fook kai waiting for friendly laps with them all to Carrefor and back den adjourn for supper and car wash. Theres one time infront of Perlangi traffic light, a total of about 15 sg/my cars, revving to go, scare the hell out of motorcyclists, quickly move to the side as they usually likes to line before the lights lol

Those were the younger days, the proton mini limousines (6 doors) dont see it in jb and the 1.6 pickup interest me too. Saw a few of the pickups in sg.

Putra was the Previous Satria with a short boot, some were chng-ed to looK like small scale Skyline R32 GTRs! :D

This version din last very long. Overall look abit sissy. [laugh]

Satria GTi with the studded wheel arches looks more musculine. Saw couple of them up north Perak, kedah side during my last Thai road trip last month.

Proton does make good car, especially their handling, if they could improve their interior. Parts and Mods is not difficult as their engines are very flexible.

I personally rate them above the koreans in performance car production. 1st gen GTi is a solid car during the evo 7/8 era where alot of protons wears the replica evo bumpers with the big round fog lights, and rules are not so strict, every saturday night we (civics and mivec lancers) will hang out in jb ah fook kai waiting for friendly laps with them all to Carrefor and back den adjourn for supper and car wash. Theres one time infront of Perlangi traffic light, a total of about 15 sg/my cars, revving to go, scare the hell out of motorcyclists, quickly move to the side as they usually likes to line before the lights lol

Those were the younger days, the proton mini limousines (6 doors) dont see it in jb and the 1.6 pickup interest me too. Saw a few of the pickups in sg.

My dream stretched limo!! Even the slightly stretched ones used by KL tasi were good enough for me.

One of my neighbors has the wira pickup! But he keeps it stock for his renovation business.

Lol....you all damm bad man!! Scare motorbikes...

Neutral Newbie

Yeah the neo is great...the 145hp is the r3 version which comes with the ohlins n ap 4 pots,with some carbon bits and r3 carbon filter box.I guess it cost rm100k.the best satria neo ever built.

Yeah the neo is great...the 145hp is the r3 version which comes with the ohlins n ap 4 pots,with some carbon bits and r3 carbon filter box.I guess it cost rm100k.the best satria neo ever built.

Too bad its not available in SG..... Saw someone selling it for RM95K fwah!!.

RM45K is really a steal!!

↡ Advertisement