Jump to content

CD Reviews


Sarong1
 Share

Recommended Posts

ok i will get those for u~~ sampler? or original? i can buy them first no problems , i bring one of each title back, and those that you guys like can jus buy them from me and if more people wants i can buy them the next trip i goes back~

can make that to be 2 copies? thks!

Link to post
Share on other sites

sure bro one more for u ~~~

 

before i come back i will state the titles price in a post and u guys jus add ur name there so that easier for me heehee

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

both the pink martini cds are a must-haves i reckon.

that cd shop slashed the prices and you can grab 3cds for $50.

pity those who bought them earlier. [flowerface]

Edited by Wickham
Link to post
Share on other sites

Care to share more on these Pink Martini series? I have seen them on the shelves umpteen times but not sure what genre is it. wink.gif Any particular tracks that people here should listen to? what key traits to look out for when sampling these CDs?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

pink martini has 2 albums:- Sympathique & hang on little tomato

 

I would classify them as fusion/world music, cos u get a different feel with each track, from latin, classical to even Japanese!

 

not bad, good drive time music which makes u feel happy... like everyday's a friday! [thumbsup]

Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

Yes, I am doing another review again. My past reviews have been generally quite limited to jazz and vocals. But this time round, I am doing something different.

 

I just gotten this CD from Adelphi two days ago. Came to know of this CD while reading a home Hi-Fi review magazine I read how critique uses varieties of CD to evaluate the sytems. Now, this one has caught my eyesshocked.gif, why? Because, it is a live recording. I rarely come across evaluation using live recordings less on home theatre system simply because live recordings are "atrocious" and the standard can't really be used to evaluate our system. Now, that is when I am proven wrong. My first impression of good live recording has to be Hacken Lee's concert and Jackie Cheung's recent "saliva songs" i.e. singing other people's works. Here comes the reason...wink.gif

 

Tamakikoji, a member of the "Safe Zone" band in Japan if you know them, has performed very well in his concert. I must also applaud for the quality of the CD to the people behind the sound engineering and mixing. nod.gif

 

I have another set of gauges come to selecting live recording CD sly.gif, what I listen out and feel for is the INTIMACY with the performers on the stage. Concert is a place where you are entrapped within and to flow with the highs and lows of the performance. In this CD, I have found itinlove.gif, but this time round, at a higher standard, I must say. Tamakikoji's vocal gives a sense of maturity over time, his voice is powerful and emits energy. In essence, there are indeed good live recordings , although rare, this particular one is worth sampling and having.

 

Let's talk about abit of the CD itself. The concert was performed and recorded at Zepp Tokyo on 14 Jun 2005. and is produced under the Sony Music Records Inc, my copy is made in Hong Kong and an extra piece of the names of the tracks are provided in Mandarin and come with the CD.

 

OK, what are my own reviews? I like all the tracks within but I ESPECIALLY like thumbsup.gif

 

Disc One Track:

 

11 - Melody

 

Disc Two Track Two

 

9, 10 and 11.

 

What I didn't like - its all in Japanese which I don't understand...sweatdrop.gif

 

This CD is both ideal for playback while driving, reviewing your own system or at home over the weekend. So what are you waiting for, go out there and sample one for yourself, share with us your reviews.

 

Cheers wink.gif

post-4-1136427165.jpg

Edited by Sarong1
Link to post
Share on other sites

sure bro~~~~ , but i am not sure if your taste is same as mine , so dun blame me if the music not to your liking ~~~ heehee

 

eh she sis leh, not bro [:p]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Care to share more on these Pink Martini series? I have seen them on the shelves umpteen times but not sure what genre is it. wink.gif Any particular tracks that people here should listen to? what key traits to look out for when sampling these CDs?

 

you go learn to spell properly, i add the 2 pink martini cds into my 'evaluation' list for you [sly][smash][smash][laugh]

Link to post
Share on other sites

you like live recordings? try to listen to the old Dire Straits one, On the Night or something, can't remember properly, memory failing with age, i quite like it...

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...