Calford 2nd Gear June 21, 2007 Share June 21, 2007 R&D did they have the money to do that or not ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ahhuat 1st Gear June 21, 2007 Share June 21, 2007 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- In Reply To -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- In Reply To -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- For the last time... I'm NOT a school kid! And it's NOT fun to get flamed! I'm an engineer, working for a prominent semi-con plant in the East of Singapore... Sigh... What do you guys want me to do to prove this??? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- must be a very pathetically low paid engineer... therefore driving a chery.. should have stuck to public transport.. cheaper and definitely more reliable! -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Just because I'm frugal doesn't mean I'm low paid... Public transport? ...I've long thrown away my MRT card!!! Hahaha!!! si bei hao lian look dwn on ppl takin public transport must be u cannot read, but i understand that it is becos u are stupid. i never made statements against those who take public transport. in fact i said that public transport is more reliable, unlike ur car, which is stupid, but good for u, cos u r obviously more stupid than ur car! u should have kept ur EZlink card.. cos it's probably more resistant than ur car itself! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Calford 2nd Gear June 21, 2007 Share June 21, 2007 Unrealistic comparison. How can you compare Korean and China. A newly developed country v.s. a developing country. you may compare to Hong Kong, Singapore and Taiwan the 4 little dragon Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Nkps 1st Gear June 21, 2007 Share June 21, 2007 (edited) they jio kuku to yishun dam tonight 2230hr and kuku jio all of us to kallang mac tomorrow night 2330hr. Maybe his whole gang of super fast A168 will be at Kallang Mac tml? Or maybe he call all his gang members down in case u all bully him. I wonder if i happened to pass Kallang Mac tml nite, den nv see his car how ah? sorry read wrongly... then go east side look for him lar... buy big mac to treat him lor..... Edited June 21, 2007 by Nkps Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Flameevil Neutral Newbie June 21, 2007 Share June 21, 2007 kthxbai. . Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ltcy Clutched June 21, 2007 Share June 21, 2007 Engine Type Chery, 4Cyl, RFI Displacement cc 1.6L (1596cc) Cycle Kw/rpm 4 stroke Cooling System bhp/rpm Water Cooled Exhaust Emission Nm/rpm Euro II Max. Output PS/rpm 93 / 5500 Max.Torque Nm/rpm 128 / 3000 - 4000 Seriously, so wad if u managed to outspeed those cars? I guess they werent even thinking of challenging u. IMO, i tink Verna, TS, Punto and 206 shld have no prob smoking ur A168. Dun talk about actual performance. Have you checked the specs for these cars? Verna 0-100=14.5s 1.6 TS 0-100=13.5s Punto 0-100=13.2s 206 0-100=17.5s which is a joke!!!! While mine's at 13.0s! I wonder how old you are??? Behaving like a small kid... And 13.0s for your ride??? There's nothing to be proud about... And I dun think any of the drivers that you mentioned are very keen to "race" with you... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ltcy Clutched June 21, 2007 Share June 21, 2007 Kinda disappt when i learn tat he hold a degree in engine.... PS i still struggle in poly .. What do you mean disapointed? Ok ok... I understand liau... I can understand why, poly boys are always kowpey-ing about having to work under degree holders... I've a couple poly holders working under me who always refuse to put my ideas across, until I reminded them who's boss! Hahaha!!! Must show some muscle sometimes... Also, I don't understand why these jokers rather struggle through their lives and buy Toyotas and Hondas..... Sigh... I think they are just trying to be someone they are not, thinking driving Jap cars are one step above others when on the road! Hahahah! I am a Diploma holder and I got degree holder reporting to me also. I also have problems getting my ideas across to them also until I show them that I am the boss. How huh? And I am paid higher than the degree holder of similar age ....how huh? We should respect one another and not using your position to exert authority, in the long term it will never work. If your idea is good and yet you cannot win over their hearts, then you are also not much of a good leader. Do you get what I mean? I don't think you are capable of I don't believe you have degree holders working for you... Dude... Pls do not be too cocky with a degree... Degree is too common now, unless you're a PhD holder... If u go to Raffles Place or Shenton Way area, throw a stone with your eyes close, very likely you will hit someone with a degree... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Baronall Neutral Newbie June 21, 2007 Share June 21, 2007 Hey Dude, You Don't even deserve this car, can't even spell your car brand name correctly... is C H E R Y .. Hi, I've just run-in my A168! And I can now go without limiting my rpm and boy, I love my ride. So far, I managed to outspeed these car / models at a traffic light sprint-off: Hyundai Matrix Hyundai Verna Hyundai Trajet ... haha 2.0 litre elephant Subaru Impreza 1.6 ... imagine some jap cars are slower? haha Fiat Punto ... continental power? hahahaha! Peugeot 206 ... again... conti pow?? Can anyone else here driving a A168 share their experience? Thanks for reading! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Johnyeow Neutral Newbie June 21, 2007 Share June 21, 2007 ok folks. time for Field Report FR @ 0203hrs 22nd June 2007 ... Was at Yishun dam with the rest at 2245hrs onwards. Trying our best to spot a silver Chery A168. All we saw was a peh peh pushing his ice cream cart yelling 'eeyeseeekarimmmm, lai lai buay eeyeseekarim..." We waited. We painted. We had tea. Counted the stars. Held hands and sing songs... still no silver Chery A168... -End of FR- Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rtth84 1st Gear June 22, 2007 Share June 22, 2007 wow this thread is still alive!!! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Malie Neutral Newbie June 22, 2007 Share June 22, 2007 well looks like ur comments require no remorse. then let me being in the same field as you tell you about yourself. Either you are in SSMC, UMC..for a junior engineer mostly are fresh grads aged 25 to at most 28. when they get promoted. for 32, still a junior engineer you know what i am hinting at. Not exactly sucessful as all. cheers Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cool_cool_driver Neutral Newbie June 22, 2007 Author Share June 22, 2007 This is very chim... Let me digest the contents a bit... But thanks for explaining! I really appreciate this.... The easiest way to think about torque is to imagine a long lever attached to the engine output. The amount of effort that the engine produces to turn this lever is the torque.If you imagine a lever about a foot long and hang a weight of about 1 pound then the equivalent torque would be described as 1ft lb If you have ever used a torque wrench then you can see how much effort you are putting into the wrench with the settings. Torque is not affected really by time though whereas power is.. When referring to power we usually talk about horsepower and this is measured over time. 1 horsepower can move 33000 pounds 1 foot in a minute (or 550 pounds a second). By the way, HP = ( Torque * RPM ) / 5252 BHP a.k.a brake horsepower is measured usually at the crank and a brake is applied to the engine the more braking required shows the engine is developing more torque. Due to friction and other forces though the power output at the drive wheels will be less than the reading at the crank. But all aforementioned factors tied down to one important factor, the WEIGHT of your car. That's why we have the term called Power to Weight Ratio. Your A168 may out power City from paper figures (93bhp vs 88bhp) but the Cherry weighs much heavier (1450kg). A City may weigh 1100kg (correct me if I am wrong) but it yields 88/1.1 tonne = 80bhp/tonne versus A168's 93/1.45 = 64.14bhp/tonne. Just in case you may not understand those figures, 80hp/tonne means for every 1 tonne, 80 effective horsepower are moving it. Before you start "shooting" off against a City, I suggest you brush up a little bit of your basic engineering knowledge to prevent getting hits. My 2 cents. Hi, Can someone further enlighten me about the torque concept? I mean, surely the 168's 93 bhp means more power compared to City's mere 88 bhp rite? It cannot be City's so light as to have such good 0-100 specs? Maybe Honda put false numbers to make the cars more sellable? I just don't wanna put myself to shame when shooting off against a City... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cool_cool_driver Neutral Newbie June 22, 2007 Author Share June 22, 2007 Hey guys, Good morning! I've clearly stated that I can make it to Yishun for last night's meet-up. I can see you guys tonight at Kallang McD at 12midnight. Pls don't challenge me with your Camry, Altis, Vios, RX8, Mazda3, Latio, Civic etc etc... We can frendly sprint and cornering try-outs if you are driving those Vans or Malaysian cars (not the Gen 2 though)..... I still can comprehend how the lowly torque'd City would be faster, maybe someone can show me??? I dunno lah....... And I also don't understand why so many postings here are pro-Malaysian cars???? Don't Singaporean always condemn them as phen-tan-sha-kua??? Hahaha! Sorry, Can't resist that! I believe many european car magazines rank Malaysian cars as the worst in the world (AGAIN, I DIDN"T MAKE THAT STATEMENT!!!!)....... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Watwheels Supersonic June 22, 2007 Share June 22, 2007 (edited) Something to add, age does not necessarily reflect the maturity of ones mind. In this case, physically maybe 32 but mind 3+2=5 only. Edited June 22, 2007 by Watwheels Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Malie Neutral Newbie June 22, 2007 Share June 22, 2007 in that case i refer to his physical being then haha. well his later posts is getting better. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Nkps 1st Gear June 22, 2007 Share June 22, 2007 good morning! so tonight anyone going to kallang mac to take on his a168??? i m keen, with my 4 yr matrix.... hee hee.... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cool_cool_driver Neutral Newbie June 22, 2007 Author Share June 22, 2007 this thread is getting more and more interesting..within 24 hrs exploded from btw to TS, the 88bhp City is i-DSI..wanna try the VTEC one? oops..i think this jap car is out of your league..why dun we try the malaysians? i am pretty darn sure the Gen2 can outrun you..hell, the 1.6M gen2 got 110bhp..the 1.3M..94bhp? 1.3L engine produce 1 more bhp than your 1.6L..lol.. What makes you think the Malaysians are not OVERDECLARING the numbers? They always OVERDECLARE right??? Anyway, many guys here driving those higher range Jap cars can bully QQ's and 168's now BUT when you start seeing Chery's upper range models, like the 2.0 A5 Oriental Son!!!! .....you'll see who smokes whom!!!!! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chickenfarm Turbocharged June 22, 2007 Share June 22, 2007 Bro...gd to hear tt u're back to reality liao This is not the way to fix ur inferiority complex (by running others down). I'm sure the poly grads tt earned more than u worked their way up from scratch too so there's nothing to be tulan abt. For ur info, I hav pple who got only ITE and O level talking down at me at work and I still listen to them cos of their wealth of experience. I'm sure if u work hard and mend ur haughty attitude, u'll be able to afford a flashy car one day (Let me reiterate, I have nothing against Chinese cars and I'm not implying tt it is lousy or anything). For ur info, whilst I was taking public transport, my wife was driving a conti with the 3 pointed star (I bought for her). Now I owned 2 cars, one jap car (2L elephant) and a roofless conti wif an AMG engine....but I still eat 3 meals aday and sleep on 1 bed. Hope u get wat I mean wow when can i ever drive that PEACE car without the "DI*K"... hahahha me dip only leh.. Bro, it is clearly shown here tt it isn't your qualification tt counts. It is your maturity and sense of modesty so nvrmind even if u from ITE or PSLE so long as one doesn't run others down to boost their own ego ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Related Discussions
Related Discussions
Music Concerts
Music Concerts
The continuing GLOBAL stressful thread! Part III
The continuing GLOBAL stressful thread! Part III
Good Workshop To Repair Clutch and Gearbox for Auto Trans
Good Workshop To Repair Clutch and Gearbox for Auto Trans
Mother of ALL JAMs in at Checkpoint
Mother of ALL JAMs in at Checkpoint
Any recommendation for good facilities Health Centre/ Spa
Any recommendation for good facilities Health Centre/ Spa
Harddisk Diagnostic Test Software - Any good & free ones to recommend?
Harddisk Diagnostic Test Software - Any good & free ones to recommend?
Good ENT specialist to recommend ?
Good ENT specialist to recommend ?
Any good private driving instructor to recommend?
Any good private driving instructor to recommend?