Orchard Rd:Becareful when crossing and driving

Turbonetics

I think if i first time walk diagonally, i will have fear dunno which direction got car suddenly accelerate and knock the daylight out of me... laugh.gif quite uncommon...

↡ Advertisement

er... tink this happen very long liao...

i kanna before sometime back, forgot to share w all coz thot it was published in e papers quite extensively rite? if u r lucky, can see a clown-cum-traffic warden run to the centre of e road to direct pedesttrians too leh.

Neutral Newbie

bro, this traffic scheme is new to orchard but not new in singapore. There is another such sign @ shenton way. Its called a "scramble crossing", this allows pedestrian to cross the road faster without having to wait for another traffic light.

I know nowadays traffic is heavy, did not know that human also starting to jam up. Next time we walk down orchard think also need to pay ERP. haha

i kanna before sometime back, forgot to share w all coz thot it was published in e papers quite extensively rite? if u r lucky, can see a clown-cum-traffic warden run to the centre of e road to direct pedesttrians too leh.

laugh.gif

don't tell me you had been a clown before.tongue.gif

the cross junction outside ngee ann city and meritus mandarin recently have a changed in the traffic light sequence.

example if you are trying to cross from ngee ann city to paragon,vehicles are also able to drive straight towards paragon via ngee ann city which is as per normal.

but after the light turns red,pedestrian can still cross in all direction from ngee ann city-->paragon-->swensen-->mandarin.at this point of time,all vehicles are not allowed to move as there will be a white "X" sign shown on the traffic lights.

be more cautious if you are driving or crossing the junction.don't assume the next traffic light will be in your favour.cheers.smile.gif

Thanx for the advice.... never heard of a WHITE X before!

laugh.gif

don't tell me you had been a clown before.tongue.gif

that happen during xmas..this is very common in big city...

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif if that happens, then you see, nobody will ever dare to cross that road though traffic light in their favour. tongue.gif

It will become the 'cursed junction' of orchard road. Will see a wondering spirit every 7th month... haha

the cross junction outside ngee ann city and meritus mandarin recently have a changed in the traffic light sequence.

example if you are trying to cross from ngee ann city to paragon,vehicles are also able to drive straight towards paragon via ngee ann city which is as per normal.

but after the light turns red,pedestrian can still cross in all direction from ngee ann city-->paragon-->swensen-->mandarin.at this point of time,all vehicles are not allowed to move as there will be a white "X" sign shown on the traffic lights.

be more cautious if you are driving or crossing the junction.don't assume the next traffic light will be in your favour.cheers.smile.gif

Isn't that more confusing then ever? hur.gif

I got honked by a car once at that junction but the light still red.

Lucky I never "reflex" action. sweatdrop.gif

http://kcarclubsg1975.spaces.live.com/

↡ Advertisement