Why expressway accident will cause opposite side jam???

Hammerhammer

Mostly is because people want to see the number and buy 4D. Wake up your ideas lah...if the fella kanna accident means he suay liao how can his car number open? So next time dun do this anymore ok. Thank youtongue.gif

↡ Advertisement

Frankly we should have road marshals stationed whenever there is an accident. The road marshals should help to direct traffic and gives orders if required to slowing motorist to move their butt. This way we will have a much smoother traffic.

Edited by Renegade777

Mostly is because people want to see the number and buy 4D. Wake up your ideas lah...if the fella kanna accident means he suay liao how can his car number open? So next time dun do this anymore ok. Thank youtongue.gif

happens to me before... driving along PIE, traffic was smooth all the way, then suddenly up ahead i see got jam on lane 1 n 2, so presuming there's accident on lane 1 i filter to left lane, then i pass the site of the "accident" only to find out that the accident happned on the opp direction lane... unimpressed.gif jam on our side was due to cars slowing down to see the accident... whip.gif

Turbocharged

apparently, this is not uniquely singaporean traits...

i remember JC raised this topic on top gear before..UK peeps also got this kay-poh-ness.. [:|]

Ppl just looking out for free show. For example kopi shop got drunkards get into fights, everyone around just stop in their tracks and watch free show. Boh bian, the average S'porean life damn boring until car accident also seem interesting.

Neutral Newbie

not only singaporeans stop and look at opposite or same side accidents. it happens in all other countries too.

imagine, no one even bother to give a glance and just drive past as if nothing happens. it will b very strange and weird- right?

many a times, as reported in the media, friends and family members do happen to pass by such accidents. imagine how u will curse yourself, if u dont give a damn and later learnt through the police or the media that that was the very accident that you showed apathy.

i remember JC raised this topic on top gear before..UK peeps also got this kay-poh-ness.. unimpressed.gif

yeah i suppose it's human nature to be KPO...

I mean i'll also steal a glance if i see an accident but the problem arises when folks slow down to try to "analyse" the whole accident, check out license plate, ask passenger in car to help take picture etc, which is selfish cos then jam will occur for no reason.

typical herd mentality. i always shake my head in disappointment when such unnecessary jams cause me to be late for my appointments. [shakehead][shakehead]

i remember JC raised this topic on top gear before..UK peeps also got this kay-poh-ness.. [:|]

True true...but I find our KPOs are a few class above the usual brits. Our KPOs really slow down a lot to see...maybe trying to get 4D inspiration.

don't know if its just me but most of these stop and stare drivers are taxi drivers. i was in one some time ago, and he really took his time trying to drive on.

He wants to analyse the accident carefully so that he can have brag about being the first among his peers to drive by the accident site. His peers will want to make sure he doesn't lie about being there, so he will be grilled on the details [laugh]

Edited by Beng2
↡ Advertisement