Toyota Estima

Tantohheng

hi guys, just wanna ask if estima can reach cameron from singapore without stopping mah? like its a few hrs of driving, will there be a prob with the car? the distance is ard 550 km liddat, i need help asap, cause i gonna drive up soon, any lao jiao pls give advice!! gamxia gamxia.

I drove Estima to Cameron last Dec 2018. Pretty decent smooth driving due to weight and speed of the car. 140-160km/h max. I never tried non stop coz I'm concerned about the petrol. Full tank at Gelang Patah, another full tank at foot of Cameron (Simpang Pulai). Still need to stop to pee and driver need to smoke.  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Die die also must pump petrol at Simpang Pulai exit.

There are only 5 petrol stations in Cameron. 1 in blue valley, 2 in Brinchang and 2 in Ringlet.

okok noted thanks guys

I drove Estima to Cameron last Dec 2018. Pretty decent smooth driving due to weight and speed of the car. 140-160km/h max. I never tried non stop coz I'm concerned about the petrol. Full tank at Gelang Patah, another full tank at foot of Cameron (Simpang Pulai). Still need to stop to pee and driver need to smoke.  [laugh]

sorry to ask but y only 140-160km/h bro? then u go to cameron ard how long uh estimate? okok will take note of the petrol stations stop

(edited)

hi guys, just wanna ask if estima can reach cameron from singapore without stopping mah? like its a few hrs of driving, will there be a prob with the car? the distance is ard 550 km liddat, i need help asap, cause i gonna drive up soon, any lao jiao pls give advice!! gamxia gamxia.

I dont know how often you drive long distance, the car sure can take it, it should be the least of your worry . But you should make sure you take rest in between, there is no point trying to rush non stop all the way in. Petrol is so cheap there, you should worry about not pumping enough time in there instead of trying to avoid pumping.

From foothill of Cameron up to hill top will take you about 2 hours, try to rest in between too, your passengers may vomit because of the twist and turn if you try to go up without resting. Enjoy and be safe .

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

500km to foot of Cameron Highland is possible.

From thereon, sibei eat oil. Heavy car + up mountain + boh lat step harder.

i been there b4, know about the slope, will take note of it also, thx, anymore advice?

Neutral Newbie

I dont know how often you drive long distance, the car sure can take it, it should be the least of your worry . But you should make sure you take rest in between, there is no point trying to rush non stop all the way in. Petrol is so cheap there, you should worry about not pumping enough time in there instead of trying to avoid pumping.

From foothill of Cameron up to hill top will take you about 2 hours, try to rest in between too, your passengers may vomit because of the twist and turn if you try to go up without resting. Enjoy and be safe .

okok noted, i am asking so i can improve my ride hehe, anyways also thx for the advice too. yeap actually quite true about the resting, i quite scared my leg will cramp tho

okok noted thanks guys

sorry to ask but y only 140-160km/h bro? then u go to cameron ard how long uh estimate? okok will take note of the petrol stations stop

Hahah.. 160km/h only bro.. Got babies and wife making noise unless she sleep.. lol! And I drove at night. Furthermore night driving lots of big lorries. Their turn to drive on right lane. Even 160km/h I got cut by 40ft lorry.. hahaha.. From Gelang Patah, 11pm. Make a few stops to manage the time until we reached at Simpang Pulai at 6am. Rest till first sunlight rise, we go up and check in.

Neutral Newbie

Hahah.. 160km/h only bro.. Got babies and wife making noise unless she sleep.. lol! And I drove at night. Furthermore night driving lots of big lorries. Their turn to drive on right lane. Even 160km/h I got cut by 40ft lorry.. hahaha.. From Gelang Patah, 11pm. Make a few stops to manage the time until we reached at Simpang Pulai at 6am. Rest till first sunlight rise, we go up and check in.

ohhh, okok i also going at night, wahh 40ft lorry go even faster uh? wtf thats insane man. so estimate ard 7 hrs uh, can can thx so much bro

i been there b4, know about the slope, will take note of it also, thx, anymore advice?

Give way to pickup by all means

Cameronian driving skill sibei tok Kong and hiong.

ohhh, okok i also going at night, wahh 40ft lorry go even faster uh? wtf thats insane man. so estimate ard 7 hrs uh, can can thx so much bro

Skip driving at night as we are not used to driving condition on NSHW.

A lot of lorry has very dim tail light.

It’s not advisable to drive up at night up Cameron. The road practically no street lights.

Most likely have to drive an estima up to Genting soon. How's the drive? CVT ok? and is the handling really terrible?

Most likely have to drive an estima up to Genting soon. How's the drive? CVT ok? and is the handling really terrible?

So far so good. Went to servicing after the trip. Everything still intact. Love the touring, weight makes it stable. Family car no need to speed much... Safety important

• Praise 1

Yes brother. Estimated 7hrs. Just nice to reach early morning. Driving at night is not only about alert. Need to be extra alert coz either other vehicles light too dim or too bright that can kill our eyes. And their highway bo lights. Super dark & adventure. Lol! And important when going up Cameron early morning, give way to pickup trucks as bro @Davidtch mentioned. And school bus too. Those are vegetables trucks to take from Cameron for their market below in the cities. Either stay behind them or wait for their signal to overtake them. They will let you know coz going up & down is all one way road.

Use Simpang Pulai to enter Cameron. Road are better with safety curbs and dividers. DO NOT USE TAPAH. OLD ROAD AND MORE WINDINGS. VERY DANGEROUS.

All the best bro and have fun. Remember to stop when tired. Safety number one.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Yes brother. Estimated 7hrs. Just nice to reach early morning. Driving at night is not only about alert. Need to be extra alert coz either other vehicles light too dim or too bright that can kill our eyes. And their highway bo lights. Super dark & adventure. Lol! And important when going up Cameron early morning, give way to pickup trucks as bro @Davidtch mentioned. And school bus too. Those are vegetables trucks to take from Cameron for their market below in the cities. Either stay behind them or wait for their signal to overtake them. They will let you know coz going up & down is all one way road.

Use Simpang Pulai to enter Cameron. Road are better with safety curbs and dividers. DO NOT USE TAPAH. OLD ROAD AND MORE WINDINGS. VERY DANGEROUS.

All the best bro and have fun. Remember to stop when tired. Safety number one.

yeap bro, thanks for the advice man will take note.

• Praise 1

Hi, I am new here.

Just checking regards to inspection for Estima 2006 with new facelifted body kits 2012, is it pass-able? Or which inspection centre to recommend?

58 minutes ago, DesmondHsu said:

Hi, I am new here, my Estima got this logo keep flashing, anyone know what is it?

Screenshot 2019-11-23 at 7.46.06 PM.png

looks like something to do with either remote key fob battery or start stop engine button issue.