Singapore Poly student dies in stabbing incident in China

Tohto

what else man fight for?? either over woman or money lor...since the news mention girl...so must be woman lor...those places northen area...people pay is not high...the student go there maybe like very rich so the pretty girl all come to them like honey...then the china man there see liao jealous lor...ha ha ha...i think i am definitely right...those boy see those girl there also cannot tahan 1 lar...sure even 1million caliper brake also cannot brake them....so now crashed and die lor... [shakehead][shakehead]

Neutral Newbie

Possibly... We Singaporeans are not aware that sometimes when we are in a foreign country must act kwai kwai abit, you'll never know you'll leave that place safely if something happen.. a unlucky case here [:(]

Too bad that lot's of S'poreans act like Big Bosses when they are overseas esp in countries that are considered less well-developed than S'pore.

Have seen many times these Sillyporeans act stupid in BKK, HKG & TPE etc. [lipsrsealed]

Overseas attachment, school too relax ? I thought school usually won't give them time to go out in the night ? School cannot be blamed as parents already signed consent form.. A lesson learnt..

Too bad that lot's of S'poreans act like Big Bosses when they are overseas esp in countries that are considered less well-developed than S'pore.

Have seen many times these Sillyporeans act stupid in BKK, HKG & TPE etc. [lipsrsealed]

TPE??

Possibly... We Singaporeans are not aware that sometimes when we are in a foreign country must act kwai kwai abit, you'll never know you'll leave that place safely if something happen.. a unlucky case here [:(]

So can i say that we can also do the same to those foreigners who antanganise us here? [rolleyes]

what else man fight for?? either over woman or money lor...since the news mention girl...so must be woman lor...those places northen area...people pay is not high...the student go there maybe like very rich so the pretty girl all come to them like honey...then the china man there see liao jealous lor...ha ha ha...i think i am definitely right...those boy see those girl there also cannot tahan 1 lar...sure even 1million caliper brake also cannot brake them....so now crashed and die lor... [shakehead][shakehead]

There's not enough details in the article to come to all these conclusions. But i would agree that, yes, when in a foreign country, need to keep a low profile and be humble. When trouble brews, no one can help you, so need to bear that in mind.

Anyway, karaoke lounges are not really suitable place for students, given the image of such places. These lounges, just like nightspots and other similar places where there's alcohol served, tend to attract all kinds of bad hats. If you're lucky, no problem. But if unlucky, even if you keep quiet, these bad hats will find trouble with you...

On another matter, nowadays many educational institutions are sending students for overseas attachments and exposure. Perhaps it's a good time to also phase in some cultural sensitivity courses, and impose a stricter code of conduct during such attachments. There are many "innocents" going abroad without being aware of the dangers... like "cows who don't recognise tigers", as a chinese saying goes. I've heard one participant who went to a particular indochina country and boasted that it's safer than malaysia... well, just wait and see i suppose.

Edited by Sosaria

There's not enough details in the article to come to all these conclusions. But i would agree that, yes, when in a foreign country, need to keep a low profile and be humble. When trouble brews, no one can help you, so need to bear that in mind.

Anyway, karaoke lounges are not really suitable place for students, given the image of such places. These lounges, just like nightspots and other similar places where there's alcohol served, tend to attract all kinds of bad hats. If you're lucky, no problem. But if unlucky, even if you keep quiet, these bad hats will find trouble with you...

They might not be at those slizzy KTVs leh, maybe some Karaoke places like out K-Box or Party-World. Until there are more details, we could just speculate and guess.... [gossip]

Quick question.

Any medical student here? How can a person die from leg injury?

Not a medical student or doctor but if you lose enough blood, you will die.

Those Singkies considered HK less developed than S'pore? What a joke. To many around the world, Singapore is a little kampong, cannot be compared to HK in terms of economic globalisation and financial power. Many global banks also consider HK first as a financial centre in Asia ex-Japan, Singapore to them is just a back office. I think too many Singkies fell for PAP's advertising and promotion of Singapore as "world class". Singapore might be a power to be reckoned with in Southeast Asia, but outside of this SE Asian region it is really not much of a big deal.

I think too many Singkies fell for PAP's advertising and promotion of Singapore as "world class". Singapore might be a power to be reckoned with in Southeast Asia, but outside of this SE Asian region it is really not much of a big deal.

This is soooo sooo true.. Singkies then to look down on other counties e.g. ang mohs are lazy, hongkies are dirty, etc. [thumbsup]

This is soooo sooo true.. Singkies then to look down on other counties e.g. ang mohs are lazy, hongkies are dirty, etc. [thumbsup]

we singkies have learnt this art of looking down on others since young as it was entrenched in our elitist society. we're a sick society where even little children compare their latest toys and look down on those who don't have them. in school, teachers will scare you into studying hard, otherwise "you'll end up in poly". parents will openly disparage others in front of their children "drive small jap car only, want to act big fark" or "aiyah they small fry lah, stay HDB only". these are only a few examples, i can quote many more. this whole aspiration to the "singapore dream" just makes us singaporeans really unpleasant people. just look at the BMW brand whore topic. really unpleasant. I'm not perfect myself, guilty of elitist attitude at times, having been born and bred locally.

Edited by Viceroymenthol