Car Remote Control Key - Any lobang

Kopitam

One of my car remote control key got chewed up by my 3 chinchillas early in the morning when we forgottern to close their cage

went down to vivocity, basement key kiosk, philipino lady told me the cost is about $800-900 for one key

I almost peng san (actually heart attack)

isnt it really too expensive for a key when you think about it you can buy a net book for $500-600 with cash to spare

how much electronics is there in the key

daylight robbery

any lobang for replacement key, thanks

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

One of my car remote control key got chewed up by my 3 chinchillas early in the morning when we forgottern to close their cage

went down to vivocity, basement key kiosk, philipino lady told me the cost is about $800-900 for one key

isnt it really too expensive for a key when you think about it you can buy a net book for $500-600 with cash to spare

daylight robbery

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=3002113

• Praise 1

Bro I've tried N**ton and suggest you to try elsewhere.

Made 2 remotes from there. Lots of problems..

1. Drop one time only sensor frequency out of tune cannot work

2. Never use for a few weeks then suddenly cannot work

3. I live on 11th floor can unlock from the distance at first. but now, sometimes can work sometimes cannot.

4. Now about 4 cars distance away, sometimes can work sometimes cannot. getting worse....

Rather disappointed... [shakehead]

• Praise 1

daylight robbery

This company will solve your problem. Last time when i went there, they got every brands like audi, merc, bmw, lexus. toyota, honda & most makes you can name.

http://www.soxxi.com/

• Praise 2

Twincharged

my chevy key will cost abt $300 to duplicate (with remote and immobilizer chip).

so i was thinking if one day i lose or damage my keys, i will take out the immobilizer and change a new alarm and lock system instead.

True. It' expensive.

The locksmith knew that we'll need the RC.

it is called transponder.

There are so many things it control: Door access, alarm, immobiliser, engine start some models for doors & trunk open/close.

No transponder = No access to car/ cannot operate car.

There is also one at Toh Guan and Marina Square ( Infront of Hand-fix DIY Mart)

But I think the price is around there.

May I ask if its a continental model.

I asked before and was quoted $300 for my Toyota.

• Praise 1

I have a problem with my key remote. Changed battery but not light on it and cannot unlock door and start engine. Called a company specialize in such matters and. Was quoted $900.

I paid his transport fee, took his name card but did not take up his service. I'm using a 2007 Toyota Estima.

Is it worth it?

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

my chevy key will cost abt $300 to duplicate (with remote and immobilizer chip).

so i was thinking if one day i lose or damage my keys, i will take out the immobilizer and change a new alarm and lock system instead.

tis is the most practical way...a new alarm & lock system cost only $120-$150...

• Praise 2

Try the shop at turf city next to giant. I remember my friends told me he duplicate his immobilizer key there for $200. There are another shop at the car mart next to the car re-po zone office. Since most of the car dealers duplicate their key for the auction car it should be cheaper as compare to other place.

• Praise 1

Most of the new model car, the remote is pretty expensive and cannot be duplicated outside, so if you lose it, please don't waste time outside, you might end up spending few hundred to get something that is not working fine, i duplicate my merc car key in one the mention kiosh, it don't even work. In the end paid 650 in C&C to duplicate it,.

• Praise 1

Most of the new model car, the remote is pretty expensive and cannot be duplicated outside, so if you lose it, please don't waste time outside, you might end up spending few hundred to get something that is not working fine, i duplicate my merc car key in one the mention kiosh, it don't even work. In the end paid 650 in C&C to duplicate it,.

true but still alota ppl concerned abt cost. anyway, chk w soxxx b4 for stock jap car key w immob cost around same as agent of 300++

if the price outside is same as agent.. i rather go back to agent...at least will be sure the key will work everytime...

also i think some of the key might had frequency hopping and code scrambler.. so it could explain why it work in the beginning.. then it stop working..

so better take care of the remote and get them replace @ agent.

• Praise 1

Hi there,

sorry to jump in but after searching for the last hour or so, I am right back where I started - which is still blur and helpless.

Quick question is : Do you know how to reprogram a Silicon brand car remote control? This is a very common after market alarm system given "free" by many car sales folks when you buy a car. My car is now about 3 years old.

When I put in the key and the car is switched to ON position (engine off), the remote works perfectly fine. Once the key is out, is another story. I can lock easily but cannot unlock.

Exactly the same problem happens using either remote (one primary and one spare) - which means cannot be coincidence or both damaged remotes.

I once saw a mechanic program a new remote to a car and it involved a number of quick steps like switch on (not engine on), push buttons, switch off, switch on - etc.

I've tried many combinations of actions (pressing 2 or more buttons, etc) based on what I can remember but nothing seems to work.

Have resorted to using car key for now. FYI - both remotes now have new batteries (that was first factor to eliminate - but someone told me that I might have messed up the frequency of the remote by changing the battery myself...).

It may be the alarm system but I doubt it as it seems to respond very well (when the car switch is ON, that is...). [:/]:wacko:

Appreciate your help in anyway possible. Thanks a million!!!!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1