3rd Eye (aka Yin Yang eye)

Mcf777

actually not surprising to have human " parts " embedded in the making of religious stuffs....in old tibet some of their drum ( damaru) is made up of 2 cut up human skulls ...go google it.....some sword maker also use human bones as carbon to " strengthen " it or blood to quenched the molten metal......some believe this and that, but some actually is crazy enough to do it.....just live life as it is loh no need to go to such extreme wat. let the dead RIP lah .

Tiger bone lah . . . my BIL offered me one but I declined. -_-

• Praise 1

You reap what you sow...

My take is that these amulets may have certain powers but it's like a knife, can be used to do good & bless oneself & family or can be use for evils means.

A lot of these are not pure Buddhism, but mixed with local Thai animalistic practices. That's why many have human remains in them. The troubling part is that there are spirits inhabiting these amulets & they have to be 'maintained' through prayers & offerings. To some extent, the owners are at their mercy if they are not treated properly. Quite eerie if you ask me.

• Praise 1

when i was a boy, rumor was spreading that the govt are choping people's head to build the shear bridge. i also heard that human head is needed to strenghthen a bridge. dont know true or not.

• Praise 2

Holy powder meaning the joss powder include herbs, flower, pollen and such, not bone ashes.... Contain of hair and such, belong to the LP who made the amulet. I can confirm, you are totally misleaded by your information.

Any barang amulet using human part are supposingly not buddhism related. Same go for those strange looking figure.... By using those, bearer are open to negative qi and sooner or later will face the consequent.

Dude , if the amulet is made from his hair or nails , doesn't that mean it contains human parts ? Unless you don't consider the LP to be human.

Probably my england not good , i do apologize if it sounds misleading , what i mean is from what i know , in order for the amulet to be "powerful" , there might some contents of made of parts from humans , nails ,hair , corpse oil , ashes from holy monks , seh li zi or even body parts from other animals , graveyard soil etc,etc.

I have consulted monks on this before , this is what he told me. But again , i am saying those barang amulets where it is made mainly from human remains but i am just saying most amulets might contain certain parts which came from humans expecially somdejs

I had a handful of amulet and apart from the "human part" ie hair that you mentioned in one of them, i dun think i have any human ashes....... the power of amulet is not what had contained, is how the amulet being made (time and date) and who chant to "charged" them. Depending on wat metta the monk cultivate, he will enpowered those into the amulet.

Which monk had you consulted? Interesting..... I am not expert in those, but i do have reserve in you view which come from monk.

My english is pte limited also...

Dude , if the amulet is made from his hair or nails , doesn't that mean it contains human parts ? Unless you don't consider the LP to be human.

Probably my england not good , i do apologize if it sounds misleading , what i mean is from what i know , in order for the amulet to be "powerful" , there might some contents of made of parts from humans , nails ,hair , corpse oil , ashes from holy monks , seh li zi or even body parts from other animals , graveyard soil etc,etc.

I have consulted monks on this before , this is what he told me. But again , i am saying those barang amulets where it is made mainly from human remains but i am just saying most amulets might contain certain parts which came from humans expecially somdejs

• Praise 1

when i was a boy, rumor was spreading that the govt are choping people's head to build the shear bridge. i also heard that human head is needed to strenghthen a bridge. dont know true or not.

If you study history, one of the railway bridge in Thailand was built this way in WW2.

If i'm not wrong the railway is call Death Railway.

• Praise 1

regarding the topic about thai amulet, most mainstream amulets do not contain human bone or ashes.

just hair or monk's robe and holy stuff for eg temple brick, soil and other ingrediediants. maybe some mainstream khun pean contains some bones in some cases.

however barang ones got corpse oil, KMT, women hair and etc.

just sharing my knowlege after collecting mainstream amulets for a couple or years. and nope butterfly from KK is not barang IMO. its just modern amulet.

• Praise 3

I suppose they appear to be in white because image is blurry...

If you see one in red or very clear image, u better be careful. He /she will not friendly....Not personal experience but that's what I gathered from others.

Especially the young female ones wearing red underwear.

Maybe they were cheated by a guy and now coming back for him.

:D

• Praise 1

Thanks for sharing.

Most un-traditional amulet is made base on individual maker inspiration at that moment. It can be in any form. I came across a website by one (so call) expert talking about the actual outline of a butterfly amulet referring to a lady private part, sorry, no offend to KK butterfly owner and believer.

Anyway, me not a expert, but I only rent traditional amulet directly from temple apart from a palakit my friend gave me.

Cheers.

regarding the topic about thai amulet, most mainstream amulets do not contain human bone or ashes.

just hair or monk's robe and holy stuff for eg temple brick, soil and other ingrediediants. maybe some mainstream khun pean contains some bones in some cases.

however barang ones got corpse oil, KMT, women hair and etc.

just sharing my knowlege after collecting mainstream amulets for a couple or years. and nope butterfly from KK is not barang IMO. its just modern amulet.

• Praise 1

Karma and willingness to do good indirectly affects your encounter with the supernatural along with "shi yun", if one is down on luck anything can happen as compared to one which is on good luck.

End of day , if one has a golden heart , even if bad things were to happen , there will always be help around the corner. This is a personal experience that i have seen in my eye.

• Praise 3

Thanks for sharing.

Most un-traditional amulet is made base on individual maker inspiration at that moment. It can be in any form. I came across a website by one (so call) expert talking about the actual outline of a butterfly amulet referring to a lady private part, sorry, no offend to KK butterfly owner and believer.

Anyway, me not a expert, but I only rent traditional amulet directly from temple apart from a palakit my friend gave me.

Cheers.

sorry...i am a noob in this area of thai amulet...but how do you rent an amulet from the temple? whats do you need to give in return, need to perform any rituals when you return it...thanks

• Praise 1