Jump to content

Persistent Lower Back Pain


Orangepineapple
 Share

Recommended Posts

Supersonic
On 7/23/2026 at 10:19 PM, Gnahp said:

a doctor once told me

if panadol can stop the pain, meaning it is not serious 😁

I think that one is a slow release paracetamol 

650mg instead of 500mg but release over a longer period of time than normal panadol

Painkiller only numb the nerve.

Doesn't resolve the injury. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Supersonic
On 7/23/2026 at 10:19 PM, 13177 said:

I believe there is such a thing as delayed injury.

Last sun i tripped and fall while walking outside, and i used my hands to break fall. My hand and forearm only started to feel pain on tue. 😅

Quite a few times when travelling, I felt strain/aches on my deltoids.... a few days after start of the trip..... 

Then I realised was the way I handled all the luggages. 

Loading, Unloading into car, onto trolleys, etc.... 

Overexerted during the such actions. 

  • Praise 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hypersonic

We all getting old.

Just like lie back and think of Singapore.

I always think women should be on top anyway!

:D

image.png.db3466c47e472faf03849841ab19be3a.png

image.png.9b345e3bd6b650efba0e26ed59636324.png

 

  • Haha! 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hypersonic
On 7/24/2026 at 9:11 PM, Atonchia said:

Quite a few times when travelling, I felt strain/aches on my deltoids.... a few days after start of the trip..... 

Then I realised was the way I handled all the luggages. 

Loading, Unloading into car, onto trolleys, etc.... 

Overexerted during the such actions. 

I also learned...2 small size ones betterer than 1 big ass...luggage that is✌️😂

  • Praise 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Twincharged
On 7/24/2026 at 9:32 PM, mersaylee said:

I also learned...2 small size ones betterer than 1 big ass...luggage that is✌️😂

you beat me to it

I see those people travelling with those giant luggage, sure injure the back one

  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hypersonic
(edited)
On 7/24/2026 at 9:11 PM, Atonchia said:

Quite a few times when travelling, I felt strain/aches on my deltoids.... a few days after start of the trip..... 

Then I realised was the way I handled all the luggages. 

Loading, Unloading into car, onto trolleys, etc.... 

Overexerted during the such actions. 

Yes that's the most dangerous for the back.

Especially after a long flight stuck in the seat for hours.

Waiting at the carosell and when see their bag bend over to lift the heavy luggage off 

and then ah kenna a sharp pain in the lower back.

Must do the subtle swing arms to the left and then right to loosen up the back muscles first before any heavy lifting or before holiday even begins injured already.

:D

The secret is to always make sure every muscle in the body is warmed up, loose and relax!

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Twincharged
On 7/24/2026 at 7:28 PM, Playtime said:

 

Old liao la.... try less stressful positions that is gentle on your back. 

17848924052936224307466418722905.jpg.b9d46a4d1bf7df60651b68c105c12ec9.jpg

just now I turned on the heated seat function,  felt so shiok

I used it for a few seconds when the car was new and wondered who will use this in Singapore 

I eat back my words 😅

  • Haha! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hypersonic
(edited)

There another post on travelling light and never needing to bring heavy luggage in the Travel threads.

Bring all the old holey underwear and after using just throw away and not bring back to SG.

One underwear can use for 4 days.

Front, back, turn inside front and back.

And only if buy goodies and hide at the bottom of the bag then bring back old hoely dirty undies

and put right on top of the bag.

The nice officer asked me to open my bag.

He looked inside and one wiff of stinky underwear asked to me to faster go.

He has seen (and smelt) enough!

:D

Go Japan for 10 days just carry 5 days of clothes lah.

Use the 300yen washer/dryer at the hotel at night.

Anyway yen so cheap get some new clothes at Muji and Uniqlo.

Never buy in SG and pay in S$.

Save money and look stylish especially when they have sales. 

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hypersonic
On 7/24/2026 at 9:11 PM, Atonchia said:

Quite a few times when travelling, I felt strain/aches on my deltoids.... a few days after start of the trip..... 

Then I realised was the way I handled all the luggages. 

Loading, Unloading into car, onto trolleys, etc.... 

Overexerted during the such actions. 

Strain/aches on deltoids could be also due to carrying of backpack?!

  • Praise 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hypersonic
On 7/24/2026 at 9:11 PM, Atonchia said:

Quite a few times when travelling, I felt strain/aches on my deltoids.... a few days after start of the trip..... 

Then I realised was the way I handled all the luggages. 

Loading, Unloading into car, onto trolleys, etc.... 

Overexerted during the such actions. 

Bro, you need to do weight training using PT.

Muscle endurance until dead.
For me, 1 hr i am dead.

  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Supersonic
On 7/24/2026 at 10:16 PM, 13177 said:

Strain/aches on deltoids could be also due to carrying of backpack?!

Possible too. 

But mine was because trying to carry the luggages too quickly, hurting the side of shoulders.

  • Praise 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Supersonic
(edited)
On 7/24/2026 at 10:29 PM, inlinesix said:

Bro, you need to do weight training using PT.

Muscle endurance until dead.
For me, 1 hr i am dead.

I did weights training for the last 30+ years....

That's why over confident.... 

Then busted shoulders 😅. 

Thought as strong as Shaolin monks carrying water pails 😅

 

Edited by Atonchia
  • Haha! 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hypersonic
On 7/24/2026 at 11:07 PM, Atonchia said:

I did weights training for the last 30+ years....

That's why over confident.... 

Then busted shoulders 😅. 

Thought as strong as Shaolin monks carrying water pails 😅

 

Need to go slow esp aging liao.

  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Twincharged

I big mouth

today is the 4th day and the pain shoot up to 2nd day level

after a long drive last night

sian

  • Shocked 4
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

6th Gear
On 7/24/2026 at 10:29 PM, inlinesix said:

Bro, you need to do weight training using PT.

Muscle endurance until dead.
For me, 1 hr i am dead.

Strength training without flexibility training will also lead to injuries. We have to train for both. To be strong, yet supple. We can be strong, but ask you contort and squeeze into tight space, will also pull/tear something.  

  • Praise 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hypersonic
On 7/25/2026 at 11:51 AM, serenade said:

Strength training without flexibility training will also lead to injuries. We have to train for both. To be strong, yet supple. We can be strong, but ask you contort and squeeze into tight space, will also pull/tear something.  

I stopped strength training for at least 10 years.

The lesson from strength training is muscle memory.

Sports masseur told me I lack flexibility.

Started weekly Stretching Yoga from 2020 till 2024.

From 50% of the poses to about 70% of the pose.

Haven’t found a suitable teacher yet.

 

  • Praise 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

6th Gear
On 7/25/2026 at 11:57 AM, inlinesix said:

I stopped strength training for at least 10 years.

The lesson from strength training is muscle memory.

Sports masseur told me I lack flexibility.

Started weekly Stretching Yoga from 2020 till 2024.

From 50% of the poses to about 70% of the pose.

Haven’t found a suitable teacher yet.

 

A sports physio told me the same thing. To protect my knees from wear and tear acquired through decades of tennis, I did all the strengthening  of quads and hamstrings. After every game, I limped and ached. Ditto for my shoulders. When the sports physio pulled and twisted my limbs, I jumped in pain. He told that my training was making me run backwards.

Now that I incorporate flexibility training into my routine, to the extent that I can sit on my own ankles while watch TV, my knee pains are gone. I no longer need to wear a knee brace to play. Playing on consecutive days no longer mean pain-killer and muscle relaxant for days after.  

  

  • Praise 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hypersonic
On 7/25/2026 at 11:37 AM, Gnahp said:

I big mouth

today is the 4th day and the pain shoot up to 2nd day level

after a long drive last night

sian

Means long drive trigger your back pain.

↡ Advertisement
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...