Lexus Owners (To share driving experience and advise)

LouislexusGS

2 hours ago, WCB017 said:

Any good workshop to recommend for servicing instead of going back to BM?

Actually, any half-decent workshop can service a Lexus, nothing that is complicated about it.

• Praise 2

On 7/21/2020 at 8:36 AM, WCB017 said:

I saw a few reviews on Alliance Auto at Sim Ming. I asked for a quote recently for my wife's NX brake pads replacement and they were quite prompt to respond. Cannot comment much as I have not been there yet.

(edited)
On 7/20/2020 at 9:08 AM, q1n3fer said:

i am intending to buy a renewed COE lexus IS250. But i see 2 variants of the car, IS250 and the IS250 luxury. Can i ask what are the difference between the 2? And how do i see that it is a luxury model?

Also anything to take note of when i go for test driving of the car? What are the usual issues of the car? besides sticky dashboard..

Thanks in advance.

Wife had a 2010 Lux model.

Lux version comes with following: 1, rear sun shade, auto retract in reverse gear, 2, factory front and rear parking sensors with dash indicators, 3, side mirror auto retract function, 4. wood trim on centre console and doors, 5, memory seat setting, 6, HID headlights, 7, auto rain wipers, 8, factory bluetooth phone for 2011 models. 

The OMV is around $42k compared to $37k(?) for the basic spec car.  Paid $8k more when new.  Can’t remember if basic comes with ventilated front seats ... 

Edited by MR2SBA
  • Praise 1

On 6/17/2020 at 10:07 AM, Hybrids said:

Been driving Lexus bought from new since 2005, and hybrids since 2014 as I use my cars till COE expires. Sad to see their steady decline from the ownership experience. Current one will be last one I will own. Two major areas of disappointment....quality issues and not keeping up with the competition in tech and powertrain, including hybrids. Anyhow, plenty of choices out there now. And I have a high mileage used German for 2 years now. If that’s anything to go by the Lexus reliability advantage is a myth.

Hi, I am looking at a 10 yr CT200h hybrid now going for 60k++.. do u know abt this model? can shed some light on potential issues/ amt needed for annual maintenance/ hybrid battery change? Is it a good deal?

On 7/21/2020 at 8:36 AM, WCB017 said:

you can try Hanip Auto at Kaki Bukit.18 years of experience with Toyota/Lexus with multiple awards so he specializes in Toyota/Lexus. I have to mention that he uses original parts though. you can also read some reviews in sgcarmart.

https://www.hanip-automobiles.com/

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye6001 said:

Hi Guy's,

Just signed up to this forum.

Hoping to learn more from experienced Lexus owners

Sharing picture of my ride. Very happy with performance and comfort.

😊

Front Right Qtr No Plates.png

You changed to F-Sport humper?

13 hours ago, Hawkeye6001 said:

Hi Guy's,

Just signed up to this forum.

Hoping to learn more from experienced Lexus owners

Sharing picture of my ride. Very happy with performance and comfort.

😊

Front Right Qtr No Plates.png

Nice ride bro.. u need lower your ride next 😁

9 hours ago, JX83 said:

Nice ride bro.. u need lower your ride next 😁

Did think of it but experience before on old car was not very comfortable. Previous car had Coilovers. They give good handling but to bumpy.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

On 7/1/2020 at 10:59 AM, Hybrids said:

I agree. The hybrid is quieter unless you accelerate. And feels more responsive in Low speeds than the turbo, whereToyota had limited its performance with a very sluggish off the line response, in all of its applications, be it the NX,RX,IS or GS. They also perhaps needed to maintain a GAP in performance between this engine and the 3.5v6 in other markets. But this could also bring benefits to a turbo engine not intrinsically efficient.

if engine performance is important to you, look elsewhere. And recent German models are much more durable than before (my own experience). After all, Toyota endorses them.

I like Lexus Hybrid but till not driven me to own one, ES only running with single motor on Hybrid so only FWD while NX hybrid luxury running 3 motor in AWD setup. Slow moving is really silent and vibration free. If looking for power definetely these hybrids are wrong chice, step on accellerator hard to get it move especially now I am driving T5 volvo. Comfort wise ES is good and NX also defibetely more comcfotable than my XC60. It's fully equipped on luxury model. But still unable to sway me to get Lexus to change my XC60, I am back to owning MB again soon.

• Praise 2

On 7/20/2020 at 10:34 AM, t0y0ta said:

Carbon build-up on intake valves.

Because this is 1st gen direct injection-only engine. Recommend to go for Walnut carbon clearing to last you another 5/10years.

Do you have a place to recommend for walnut carbon clearing?

2 minutes ago, Natnut said:

Do you have a place to recommend for walnut carbon clearing?

They advertise on SGCARMART before a few years ago

• Praise 1

Lexus markets it's ownership experience - Lex'perience (you can Google this). It's not about sheer performance but the continuous improvement of built and the comfort of riding or driving one. Driving a manual or turbo car was a default for me in the past but maybe I am growing old, the smoothness of the auto and calmness of the NA engine appeals to me now. If you have a need for speed or wanting to drive like a hooligan then Lexus is really not the car for you - hybrid, turbo or NA. Just visit the Lexus service centre and you can tell who are the people that buy them - some maybe older and I do feel most have what is known as class. 

Wow the 2021 Lexus IS facelift is beautiful!

The car seems really buttoned down even when taking corners at high speed. The reviewer was driving like a maniac in the 4th video.

Edited by Natnut