JC student questions why ITEs have such good facilities

Ahtong

ITE now has those business, accounting, hospitality, retail courses besides the usual technical courses.

you can have all the courses you want but end of the day you will have to choose between possibly an ah lian or beng from a chinese-speaking family background or an english-speaking background jc student

you got kids not [laugh]

soon your turn to buy them laptops

See my edit.

One kid, going P2 this coming year. Oreddy an expert at computer games on PC, PS3 and Xbox. :D

The most important facility is a good computer room. With unprotected PCs so that people can install stuff and do LAN gaming. I think JC students will be quite happy with this.

Of course, while JC students are playing LAN games, ITE/Poly students are playing Lanjiao games. You tell me which is more fun. [laugh]

think gaming is one of the faculty in ITE, no need to hide [laugh] [laugh]

think gaming is one of the faculty in ITE, no need to hide [laugh] [laugh]

Awesome. Once again, I realise with great sadness, how I did all the wrong things in life. :D

See my edit.

One kid, going P2 this coming year. Oreddy an expert at computer games on PC, PS3 and Xbox. :D

wah lan eh my time i only got yoyo and pickup sticks [laugh]

Awesome. Once again, I realise with great sadness, how I did all the wrong things in life. :D

mai kay kay, you are one of the educator here -_-

See my edit.

my own girl, also P2, lend her my ipad to play games... si gim nia, don't know how she did it... create ways to hide her games apps and create password lock me out of some of my apps. [bigcry] [bigcry] [bigcry]

In the end must tolong her to unlock my apps.

A person's academic achievements should nt be a determination of their future...for this, one must get this right and we should move away from this fallacy...

As for environment, even though better facilities offer better comfort, it does not translate into better performance and at the end of the day, it lies in the individual's determination. ITE, all we know needed that extra help. If academically they are gifted, they will not be there.

So, if this JC student could comprehend that life is afterall not fair, he would not even think about comparing the facilities. If you are not happy with JC facilities, then you can ship out and join ITE if you feel that facilities are what it takes to motivate you in your studies. [laugh]

Anyway, poly students will ask why university placement is mainly given to JCs and only the top 5%-10% (not sure if this is the case now) can enrol into local unis. If all these comparison go on and on, it is never ending.

Consider this, a good education may provide you with a slightly better life and the fruits of your achievements will only be determined when you truly understand this world and manage it well in your life. You may be a all As guy on the street, but it doesn't translate into Ace in your lifetime. You will be put to test in all circumstances until the day you bid farewell to this earth...

What is the total cost of education for an average ITE student vs poly and JC?

For the average ITE student that would be the last gov sponsored education that they would get. And what more wats with the current generation.... the sense of entitlement...

Education is the best place where the gov can help the weakest of the society. The question is not whether its too much but whether more can be done. After all why should ITE citizens get less than U citizens.

Neutral Newbie

hard truths. The question he is asking is why the best are not given the best?

Does going to JC mean that they are the best? I hardly think so. Poly, JC, ITE are just different development routes post secondary, the difference is only whether they are more technical centric, academic centric or functional centric.

Each will develop in their own ways.

It seems elitist to be thinking that JC are the best and thus deserve the best.

I used to remember that our ITE folks used to be called Vi boys and girls. They have improved much over the years.

What is the total cost of education for an average ITE student vs poly and JC?

For the average ITE student that would be the last gov sponsored education that they would get. And what more wats with the current generation.... the sense of entitlement...

Education is the best place where the gov can help the weakest of the society. The question is not whether its too much but whether more can be done. After all why should ITE citizens get less than U citizens.

Don't have the exact figures. But, easy to guess.

In sequence of cost (higher followed by lowest):

Poly > ITE > JC

For JC, it's mainly academic. Don't even need lab if one is not taking science.

Does going to JC mean that they are the best? I hardly think so. Poly, JC, ITE are just different development routes post secondary, the difference is only whether they are more technical centric, academic centric or functional centric.

Each will develop in their own ways.

It seems elitist to be thinking that JC are the best and thus deserve the best.

I used to remember that our ITE folks used to be called Vi boys and girls. They have improved much over the years.

i was a graduand of VITB many many years back. to this date i am certain its nowhere near the best.

Academically speaking, elitist or not, its clear who is capable of performing in a school environment (not counting outside) through exams.